ASUS/BENQ LightBoost owners!! Zero motion blur setting!

I'd like to confirm that the "unsupported modes" work with a 7950 and an ASUS VG248. The results are way better than expected!

I'd like to confirm that the "unsupported modes" work with a 7950 and an ASUS VG248. The results are way better than expected!
FYI -- LightBoost is actually officially supported with nVidia 3D Vision.

It's simply unsupported when not used with 3D shutter glasses; for the sole purpose of motion blur elimination. And obviously, using LightBoost with AMD is "unsupported" as well.

http://shop.benq.us/xl2420te.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=636290 this is suopposed to be an upgraded version from the previous ones

does it matter if we get a zero flicker screen version or it doesn't matter?

are flickers even noticeable on BENQ monitors: XL2411T, XL2420T, XL2420TX, XL2720T ?

so which screen should i get the XL2720T or the new XL2420TE ? is that worth it with that zero flicker?

Wow.....I was honestly thinking of picking up the Asus 24inch monitor since my current 120hz monitor doesnt support lightboost.

That Benq is amazing, the flicker free looks amazing...

Any users anywhere tried it out yet with lightboost?

Wow.....I was honestly thinking of picking up the Asus 24inch monitor since my current 120hz monitor doesnt support lightboost.

That Benq is amazing, the flicker free looks amazing...

Any users anywhere tried it out yet with lightboost?

Lightboost is "screen flicker" more or less. You are just constantly flashing the backlight for a short period of time (<3ms) when the screen is refreshed, thus minimizing the motion blur
between frames.

so you wont use the flicker free option with lightboost.

Lightboost is "screen flicker" more or less. You are just constantly flashing the backlight for a short period of time (<3ms) when the screen is refreshed, thus minimizing the motion blur between frames.
so you wont use the flicker free option with lightboost.
That said, the XL2420TE is the first LightBoost monitor with a PWM-free mode:
(1) PWM free mode for desktop use
(2) Strobe mode for game use

ToastyX Strobelight should make it easy to switch between (1) and (2) on the XL2420TE. Also, some people prefer strobe mode for everything (even desktop), and I'm able to nearly eliminate my color degradation. However, some people prefer the option to turn on/off LightBoost when it's not wanted/needed.

Off topic

I finally realized what was 'wrong' with my VG278H... the damn stand is tilted like 1 or 2 degrees.
The right side of the monitor is 0.8 cm closer to the desk.

If I rotate the monitor so that the left side is closer to me, will that look better?

But then the monitor would not look like a rectangle anymore... I might just put something under the left side of the stand.

Better LightBoost Color for VG248QE?

Someone I trust (the moderator of HardwareCanucks, a Canadian computer discussion forum), says that the VG248QE now has better LightBoost colors with the latest nVidia drivers.

Mark Rejhon said:
lowfat said:
The last few Nvidia driver releases fixed poor colours for me. I can no longer tell the difference between Lightboost on or off with my display.
lowfat, that is good news for the VG248QE monitors! Which driver version?

I'm still trying to confirm which nVidia driver version, but has anyone else noticed better LightBoost colors with newer 320.49 drivers? I did report directly to nVidia's Driver Team forums with a copy of NCX's (MenancingTuba) flawed colorimeter results, and I think that caught nVidia's attention. :D

Any confirmations?

That said, the XL2420TE is the first LightBoost monitor with a PWM-free mode:
(1) PWM free mode for desktop use
(2) Strobe mode for game use

ToastyX Strobelight should make it easy to switch between (1) and (2) on the XL2420TE. Also, some people prefer strobe mode for everything (even desktop), and I'm able to nearly eliminate my color degradation. However, some people prefer the option to turn on/off LightBoost when it's not wanted/needed.

thank you for making this clear.

i'm happy with my XL2411T so far. as i have posted several times, i was getting nausea from FPS gaming on LCDs, much quicker on 60 hz screens than on 120 hz, something i never had in the CRT days. it has disappeared completely since lightboost, so this must have been caused by the blurred image. this is the most important progress in display technology to me, much more than ultra resolutions.

lightboost is on all the time, even in desktop mode, so i guess i'm not sensitive to PWM. but perhaps PWM-free screens are less tiring to the eyes.

however, the colors on the xl2411t are poor, especially with lightboost, and, as one can see on de-matted monitors, the antiglare film makes quite a difference.

searching for XL2420TE on the benq site yields no results (there just XL2420T).
does anyone know if this new PWM-free model is matte?
has any monitor maker announced a glossy or semi-glossy lightboost-capable model?

Last edited:
does anyone know if this new PWM-free model is matte?
has any monitor maker announced a glossy or semi-glossy lightboost-capable model?
If you are not using non-LightBoost mode anymore, then PWM-free may not matter much. Going PWM-free also automatically means motion blur. (sample-and-hold motion blur exists even on OLED displays, on the ones that don't flicker)

Currently, no glossy or semi-glossy 120Hz monitors except for the Samsungs (Which are known to have slightly more input lag than LightBoost monitors).

If you are not using non-LightBoost mode anymore, then PWM-free may not matter much. Going PWM-free also automatically means motion blur. (sample-and-hold motion blur exists even on OLED displays, on the ones that don't flicker)

Currently, no glossy or semi-glossy 120Hz monitors except for the Samsungs (Which are known to have slightly more input lag than LightBoost monitors).

thanks, i see. then PWM is not relevant for my purposes.

i had the samsung 750d, sold it and bought the xl2411t. good looking monitor, but no blur mattered more, i wrote about that. i'll use the benq until someone makes a model without AG coating.

btw, i found the 2420TE on the US site, it was just not available on global:

http://shop.benq.us/xl2420te.html

Ordered a 2420TE. I want to see what this LightBoost gaming is all about. I went with the Benq over the QNIX IPS because I've read the 8ms refresh time kind of ruins the whole point of 120Hz gaming, even without LightBoost.

I'll probably need to get a new desk because as of right now there's no way to setup the 2713HM and 2420TE in two good positions that I can alternate back and forth between comfortably for desktop use and gaming.

Last edited:
Ordered a 2420TE. I want to see what this LightBoost gaming is all about. I went with the Benq over the QNIX IPS because I've read the 8ms refresh time kind of ruins the whole point of 120Hz gaming, even without LightBoost.
Definitely am interested in hearing how the 2420TE turns out.

Please post back to let all of us know how LightBoost looks on the 2420TE!

Better LightBoost Color for VG248QE?

Someone I trust (the moderator of HardwareCanucks, a Canadian computer discussion forum), says that the VG248QE now has better LightBoost colors with the latest nVidia drivers.

I'm still trying to confirm which nVidia driver version, but has anyone else noticed better LightBoost colors with newer 320.49 drivers? I did report directly to nVidia's Driver Team forums with a copy of NCX's (MenancingTuba) flawed colorimeter results, and I think that caught nVidia's attention. :D

Any confirmations?
Got a confirmation from Vega by PM.
He said the VG248QE LightBoost colors improved with the 320.49 drivers.
He still says that his XL2720T LightBoost colors still look better than the VG248QE.
And my VG278H LightBoost colors still look better than my BENQ XL2411T LightBoost colors.

So the color problems (with nvidia drivers improving or worsening LB colors) don't apply if you're only using this on an AMD card? Why are Nvidia drivers worsening and then bettering the LB colors if LB isnt even driver dependent? (if you activated it on a Geforce, then swapped it to an AMD card (without strobelight), the colors would instantly change, right?

Why are Nvidia drivers worsening and then bettering the LB colors if LB isnt even driver dependent?
LightBoost was originally calibrated to look good through 3D Vision glasses. I think as LightBoost became more popular for 2D than 3D, they started recalibrating internal nVidia Control Panel color settings to be more optimized for LightBoost 2D without glasses.

Definitely am interested in hearing how the 2420TE turns out.

Please post back to let all of us know how LightBoost looks on the 2420TE!

Surely. I'll have the 1440P IPS (I got lucky and have a nearly flawless 2713HM) right next to it to get a good comparison. It shipped today and hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here.

Just ordered three XL2420TE's to de-matte. They better not have the inverse ghosting problem all the other Lightboost monitors have besides the VG248QE and XL2411T!

So this doesn't need vsync and it's input lag anymore to work? And there will be no color degradation on AMD cards?

So this doesn't need vsync and it's input lag anymore to work? And there will be no color degradation on AMD cards?
LightBoost has never required VSYNC if you followed certain instructions. Fortunately, it's far easier now with ToastyX Strobelight -- there is no LightBoost framerate performance penalty, and doesn't interfere with your pre-existing VSYNC settings.

For input lag with the Strobelight approach, LightBoost input lag is far less than it was before (over the Stereoscopic 3D enable method). It still exists, but very slight, due to LightBoost's requirement to let pixels transitions finish in the dark before strobing. In general, there's less _average_ input lag with LightBoost 120Hz, than with non-LightBoost 60Hz. The presentation is different; instead of a continuous scanout (from top to bottom, like traditional displays), the whole frame is flashed all at once. Some people prefer non-LightBoost (because they prefer minimum input lag even with motion blur), while other prefer LightBoost (because motion clarity improves their reaction time, compensating for the slight input lag). Many game players see their scores improve with LightBoost, while other players don't benefit as much (especially gamers who mainly stare at crosshairs rather than moving eyes all over the screen). LightBoost mainly helps eye-tracking across the display. It depends on your gameplay style.

LCD displays with strobe backlights will usually have at least some minor color degradation due to the changes they do to the LCD scanout & the gamma. That said, it varies a lot from monitor to monitor -- the VG278H LightBoost (when calibrated well, preferably with a colorimeter) has better colors than the VG248QE non-LightBoost colors. What nVidia seems to be doing now, is trying to reduce the color quality delta as much as possible.

Wow BenQ shipped to me super quickly. Out for delivery as of two hours ago. As quickly if not more quickly than Amazon Prime. Now I'll get the weekend to play with it! :D

Wow BenQ shipped to me super quickly. Out for delivery as of two hours ago. As quickly if not more quickly than Amazon Prime. Now I'll get the weekend to play with it! :D

Did you go with the TE? If so, check for Lightboost inverse ghosting ASAP. ;)

My TE's shipped, but stupid cross country wait. :mad:

Blade let me know when you have that set up if you could test for inverse ghosting in Lightboost mode. Turn on LB with this:

http://www.blurbusters.com/easy-lightboost-toastyx-strobelight/

Use some sort of smooth scrolling add-on like "Chromium Wheel Smooth Scroller":

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...th-scr/khpcanbeojalbkpgpmjpdkjnkfcgfkhb?hl=en

Go to a white background web site like these:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/
http://www.overclock.net/

Scroll quickly while looking at the text, is there a very apparent secondary or afterimage present following the original image or is it barely perceptible?

I'm not really 100% sure what I'm looking for (my guess is inverted color retention) so I'm going to say I didn't see any apparent negative ghosting. In the PiuxPerAn program, in the flag test, I could see it a little bit (but not the entire flag and just a small strip of it) with the black flags in the lower scroller.

Ok, now for my initial impressions :

Positives

Let me start with 144Hz - it's the real deal. The difference in smoothness, between the U2713HM and 2420TE is night and day. Let me repeat that : NIGHT AND DAY. Right away, it was very noticeable on the desktop. Last night I played through a session of Planetside2, and the aim in my Reaver was so much better (up in the sky frame rates usually maintain 80+). Tracking movement is much easier now, and I could also feel the decrease in input lag. I could perform quicker, and more accurate movements with the cross hair.

Now for LightBoost - I didn't seem to notice too much of a difference between 144Hz and 120Hz LightBoost in Planetside2, but that me be due to that game's complete inability to maintain anything near 120fps (drops below 60 frequently). But PixPerAn made it clear to me that LightBoost does indeed minimize motion blur, and make things "CRT clear". It was very easy to setup on this model, and what's nice is there is a little green light next to the power button that lets me know whether or not LB is enabled. I will have to play around more with it in other games to see more benefit of this.

The monitor build quality is very good. I have no edge bleeding. The stand is great (main reason I went with BenQ over ASUS). The monitor itself looks and feels very similar to using a Dell Ultrasharp. But I still think it's a bit pricey at $400. But, I wanted the latest and greatest, and there is a price to pay for that.

Negatives

TN colors. I'm still working on it, but next to the U2713HM, there are just certain colors I cannot reproduce no matter how much I change the brightness, contrast, gamma, R/G/B colors, and etc. But, the colors aren't bad overall. They actually aren't too far off from my older Dell 6-bit e-IPS U2311H. And the viewing angles, I can notice it (on a white background) with the monitor even a few feet away. The upper left seems to go a reddish hue, where as the lower right is a very bright white. It's a viewing angle issue because when I stand up, the reddish hue goes away. But, I fully expected these negatives with a TN, and honestly, they aren't too bad.

The AG coating is also thick. But it may because the U2713HM did that nearly perfectly. Combined with a lower PPI compared to the HM, things do look a bit grainy and sparkly to me. Maybe I'll look into removing the AG coating one day, but as of now glossy would be far worse for me as my room gets a lot of outside light.

Overall

This is an awesome monitor. I will absolutely continue to this for gaming. And I will continue to use the U2713HM for everything else. I was skeptical about 120/144Hz and LightBoost, but this monitor has blown me away in how smooth things are now. It's a very fair trade off right now for overall picture quality if you are into fast paced gaming. If you're not, stick with the 1440p IPS monitors. I just hope that in the near future we can get the best of both worlds.

Now I just need to get a new desk! I'll be able to post some pictures after I do that, because right now I have the BenQ right in front of the Dell, and it's not possible to get any good comparison shots. I'm happy with purchase, and am now even considering two more for NV Surround. :p

Now for LightBoost - I didn't seem to notice too much of a difference between 144Hz and 120Hz LightBoost in Planetside2, but that me be due to that game's complete inability to maintain anything near 120fps (drops below 60 frequently). But PixPerAn made it clear to me that LightBoost does indeed minimize motion blur, and make things "CRT clear". It was very easy to setup on this model, and what's nice is there is a little green light next to the power button that lets me know whether or not LB is enabled. I will have to play around more with it in other games to see more benefit of this.
To get the perfect motion smoothness in videogames that you get in PixPerAn:

(1) Run an older game that can run 120fps@120Hz (or 100fps@100Hz, as LightBoost does 100Hz too). Try Team Fortress 2 or a source engine game.
(2) Turn VSYNC ON or Adaptive VSYNC. (more input lag, but clearer LightBoost effect)
(3) Use smooth movements (e.g. use keyboard strafe left/right -- or use a good 1000Hz gaming mouse that has zero microstuters.)

A REALLY good LightBoost game is "Borderlands 2" combined with FXAA (not FSAA since it kills framerate), and reducing view distance 1 notch down, turning VSYNC ON. Then it's able to run a consistent 100fps@100Hz more than half of the time on a Geforce 680, and probably almost all the time on a Geforce 780 (probably 120fps@120Hz). In Borderlands2 framerate=Hz VSYNC ON, you get _exactly_ the same perfect motion effect you see in PixPerAn during horizontal strafing & smooth turns.

For competition gaming you often need to turn VSYNC ON (or at least Adaptive VSYNC as a compromise to get smoother LightBoost), but it's worth having background knowledge that you need perfect framerate=Hz matching to see the maximum effect you saw in PixPerAn. Some people play VSYNC ON at over 300 frames per second in Team Fortress 2, to minimize the tearing appearance.

Do you see a significant difference in colors with LB on or off? There is a massive color shift at least with BenQ XL2411T when LB is enabled, requiring switching between two different Windows color profiles to keep the desktop looking the same.

If there is not much LB color shift in XL2420TE, and if it is as good motion-wise as the XL2411T, and since it also has the PWM-free mode... well, in that case I guess XL2420TE would be the first really "mature" LB monitor on the market and an easy recommendation?

Do you see a significant difference in colors with LB on or off?
I'm pretty interested in how the XL2420TE LB color shift is.

For my XL2411T, the LightBoost color shift is bigger (even if recalibrated). Ugly purple hue.
For my VG278H, the LightBoost color shift is smaller (once recalibrated). Zero tint. Same contrast. Just loss of brightness.

Blade, thanks for the input. Hopefully the LB motion is as good as you say. My three TE's come in on Thursday so I will be able to confirm. Like you, I use a secondary monitor for desktop work. It's a U2413 which has an awesome picture and that great new semigloss AR film. It also has zero PWM at greater than 19% brightness, so easy on the eyes. The matte film is pretty bad on all LB monitors. I will remove it from my three TE's before I set them up in Portrait surround for gaming.

Any input on the monitors colors switching between regular non PWM mode and LB mode? Is it a drastic change? Some monitors get all washed out when you change.!

LightBoost has never required VSYNC if you followed certain instructions. Fortunately, it's far easier now with ToastyX Strobelight -- there is no LightBoost framerate performance penalty, and doesn't interfere with your pre-existing VSYNC settings.

For input lag with the Strobelight approach, LightBoost input lag is far less than it was before (over the Stereoscopic 3D enable method). It still exists, but very slight, due to LightBoost's requirement to let pixels transitions finish in the dark before strobing. In general, there's less _average_ input lag with LightBoost 120Hz, than with non-LightBoost 60Hz. The presentation is different; instead of a continuous scanout (from top to bottom, like traditional displays), the whole frame is flashed all at once. Some people prefer non-LightBoost (because they prefer minimum input lag even with motion blur), while other prefer LightBoost (because motion clarity improves their reaction time, compensating for the slight input lag). Many game players see their scores improve with LightBoost, while other players don't benefit as much (especially gamers who mainly stare at crosshairs rather than moving eyes all over the screen). LightBoost mainly helps eye-tracking across the display. It depends on your gameplay style.

LCD displays with strobe backlights will usually have at least some minor color degradation due to the changes they do to the LCD scanout & the gamma. That said, it varies a lot from monitor to monitor -- the VG278H LightBoost (when calibrated well, preferably with a colorimeter) has better colors than the VG248QE non-LightBoost colors. What nVidia seems to be doing now, is trying to reduce the color quality delta as much as possible.

How much increased ms input lag are we talking about?
I'm using toastyx strobelight program for CS:GO 120hz on one overclocked AMD 7950.
I always have above 120fps.

To get the perfect motion smoothness in videogames that you get in PixPerAn:

(1) Run an older game that can run 120fps@120Hz (or 100fps@100Hz, as LightBoost does 100Hz too). Try Team Fortress 2 or a source engine game.
(2) Turn VSYNC ON or Adaptive VSYNC. (more input lag, but clearer LightBoost effect)
(3) Use smooth movements (e.g. use keyboard strafe left/right -- or use a good 1000Hz gaming mouse that has zero microstuters.)

A REALLY good LightBoost game is "Borderlands 2" combined with FXAA (not FSAA since it kills framerate), and reducing view distance 1 notch down, turning VSYNC ON. Then it's able to run a consistent 100fps@100Hz more than half of the time on a Geforce 680, and probably almost all the time on a Geforce 780 (probably 120fps@120Hz). In Borderlands2 framerate=Hz VSYNC ON, you get _exactly_ the same perfect motion effect you see in PixPerAn during horizontal strafing & smooth turns.

For competition gaming you often need to turn VSYNC ON (or at least Adaptive VSYNC as a compromise to get smoother LightBoost), but it's worth having background knowledge that you need perfect framerate=Hz matching to see the maximum effect you saw in PixPerAn. Some people play VSYNC ON at over 300 frames per second in Team Fortress 2, to minimize the tearing appearance.

So is Vsync ON mandotary?
I have Vsync OFF and I think the LightBoost is active, it certainly is in pixperan.
Also Adaptive Vsync is that the Radeon Pro vsync you mean?

I'm going to now compare 144hz non LB vs 120hz LB to see if there is big differences in CS:GO

I'm pretty interested in how the XL2420TE LB color shift is.

For my XL2411T, the LightBoost color shift is bigger (even if recalibrated). Ugly purple hue.
For my VG278H, the LightBoost color shift is smaller (once recalibrated). Zero tint. Same contrast. Just loss of brightness.

With the latest nvidia beta drivers i just run my vg248qe's at lightboost 100 (lower than 100 seems a bit flickery to me) and contrast 80, no other tweaks, and it looks great.
They really did change something, last driver version i had to lower gamma to 84 with the same settings.

I don't have a colorimeter, but contrast, black level, gradient banding (gradient banding seems much improved since last driver), white saturation all look good.
No tint visible to my eyes, colors looks about the same as my macbook pro retina,minor difference.

How much increased ms input lag are we talking about?
It's been discussed before, that the screen is refreshed top-to-bottom in the dark, so the top of the screen has more input lag than the bottom edge of the screen, because it's waited longer before the backlight is strobed. The average LightBoost input lag is approximately half a frame (though surprisingly, I've measured very slightly less that with my upcoming Blur Busters Input Lag Tester that I built using an Arduino).

In general, this lag is generally NOT noticeable to _most_ players, but some pro gamers can notice this differential. The elimination of motion blur can improve human reaction times to compensate; so many people still get improved scores with LightBoost. That said, it depends on your gaming style -- whether you like tracking your eyes all over the screen (LightBoost helps a lot), or you keep your eyes only on the crosshairs at all time (LightBoost doesn't help much).

That said, it does not help everyone; some people do play worse in certain games with LightBoost because they use gaming styles that don't benefit from motion blur reductions. Also, for a good read in optimizing LightBoost, see LightBoost FAQ.

So is Vsync ON mandotary?
No. You still get major benefits. VSYNC ON is only important if further improvements to motion clarity is more important (e.g. getting the pixperan effect or TestUFO effect in games). I prefer perfect motion clarity in games when playing solo, so I turn VSYNC ON. Try Borderlands2 with VSYNC ON (use FXAA), and you will see what I mean with the PixPerAn perfect motion effect occuring inside the game if you have a silky smooth 1000Hz gaming mouse. But VSYNC ON hurts competition gaming, so I turn VSYNC OFF when playing online. Try both LightBoost and 144Hz and see how it affects your gaming.

Online -- I play VSYNC OFF (accept compromises in motion)
Solo -- I play VSYNC ON or Adaptive VSYNC in games that can do perfect framerate=Hz. This gives me the same major clarity benefits seen in PixPerAn / TestUFO

Last edited:
The beta version of the Blur Busters UFO Motion Tests have launched.
It's a free web-based PixPerAn clone.

www.testufo.com

Fun tests, try these with LightBoost ON/OFF
- TestUFO: 30fps vs 60fps vs 120fps
- TestUFO: Moving Photo
- TestUFO: Scrolling Text
- TestUFO: Eye Tracking Demo

For 120fps, use Chrome or FireFox 24+ (Aurora), the only browsers supporting 120Hz animations.
Test your browser 120Hz support.
Quit all applications and background pages, to stop the stutters.

It's good for diagnosing LightBoost, too!

NOTE: I will probably eventually split this off into a separate thread since these motion tests interest all PixPerAn users, but this is a beta test and I want LightBoost users to be the first to test this.

Strange mark, none of the tests appear to be working for me (Chrome). Gets stuck on 118 FPS "syncing" and nothing moves on all tests. Single tab/window open with Titan. The beta didn't do this.

Strange mark, none of the tests appear to be working for me (Chrome). Gets stuck on 118 FPS "syncing" and nothing moves on all tests. Single tab/window open with Titan. The beta didn't do this.
Restart Chrome & clear your browser cache. I made changes that made it incompatible with the passworded beta.

Any input on the monitors colors switching between regular non PWM mode and LB mode? Is it a drastic change? Some monitors get all washed out when you change.!

The monitor's contrast and brightness drop in LB mode. Not necessarily in a bad way, but definitely different. I haven't done much with colors, so hopefully some presets will start popping up soon. I'm not too good or experienced with color calibration.

The monitor's contrast and brightness drop in LB mode. Not necessarily in a bad way, but definitely different. I haven't done much with colors, so hopefully some presets will start popping up soon. I'm not too good or experienced with color calibration.
Can you do the Eiffel Tower Test on the Blur Busters UFO Motion Tests, and let me know how the LightBoost trailing looks? Use Chrome browser, it supports 120fps@120Hz. This test pattern is excellent for checking for LightBoost double-image artifact. It's a lot less or nonexistent on some LightBoost monitors, but very apparent on others. This pattern also makes it easy to tell apart LightBoost=10% versus LightBoost=100% too.

If you are running ToastyX Strobelight (with multiple refresh rates installed in Strobelight Setup), press these hotkeys while running Eiffel Tower Test in Chrome browser.
Ctrl+Alt+Plus -- turn on lightboost
Ctrl+Alt+Plus -- turn off lightboost
Ctrl+Alt+1 -- switch to LightBoost 10%
Ctrl+Alt+0 -- switch to LightBoost 100%

You'll notice the faster the motion (e.g. 960 or 1440), the easier to see LightBoost benefits than slower motion (e.g. 240 or 480). Also adjust monitor contrast upwards/downwards, to make the LightBoost double-image artifact appear/disappear. On my VG278H, the double-image disappears at monitor contrast=50, but I prefer to use monitor contrast=90 because the colors look so much better. (That's ASUS VG278H only, different models have a different white-clipping point -- use Lagom Contrast to check for white clipping)

Last edited:
Back