Asus Announcing 24-inch Windows 10 Gaming Laptop At Computex 2016?

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
24 inches? Are you sure that’s big enough? I can’t even imagine how much this thing weighs, but it could be the most powerful laptop ever.

ASUS's Republic of Gamer blog posted a couple of images from this monster laptop. While the 24-inch size was not mentioned in the post itself, one of the tags at the bottom of the blog does state 24" laptop. The blog has also posted up some 3DMark 11 benchmark results for the laptop, showing that it outperforms a PC using an NVIDIA GTX Titan X. Could this notebook have a NVIDIA GTX 1070 or 1080 card inside?

I bet I could build a smaller one for less.

If it doesn't have 120hz or higher, I'm going to laugh. With a "laptop" that size, no excuse for compromise is acceptable.

24" isn't a laptop anymore, we are going back to the portable computers format now.
File:Compaq_portable.jpg

Could this notebook have 2x980M in SLI? That seems way more likely to me. I can't imagine they'd make a 24" gaming laptop and not put 2 GPUs in it, be it two 9xx or 10xx. The graphics score would seem to fit 2x980M pretty well too.

Well, the Computex starts tomorrow (in about 18 hours from this post), plenty of info should show up after.

If all else fails, I will be there on Thursday or Friday, and I can post what I find (translated too, in case it's in Chinese).

Back in the day I had an ASUS W90VP with dual 4870s in crossfire. It had a 18.4" screen and everyone said OMG THAT THING IS SO BIG. If this thing comes out, is a solid performer, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg...it might be a viable replacement for my Sager. When I think of a gaming laptop I don't put portability first. I want something with power and a good screen, portability be damned.

If it's priced under $2k. I'd buy it. I could finally replace my desktop once and for all and it would be 'portable'. Someone said it earlier. It's like going back to the portable PC's of yore.

This announcement brings back fond memories of my 20.1" HDX Dragon.

If it's priced under $2k. I'd buy it. I could finally replace my desktop once and for all and it would be 'portable'. Someone said it earlier. It's like going back to the portable PC's of yore.

It's Asus bringing out another whiz-bang market exclusive...so expect at least double your wish price.

It's Asus bringing out another whiz-bang market exclusive...so expect at least double your wish price.

You most likely aren't wrong and that's a shame. I mean, why create these types of nitch products only to have them defensively priced. I realize some people will buy them, but I believe there is a broader market out there for something like this.

I saw somewhere that the 24" was a joke, it was a marketing ploy to announce their 1080 mobile video card laptops - so there is not a 24" version? Got my taste buds all ready for some 24" and you aint got no 24" - you cant keep fuckin with me that way.

The one I do remember them showing is G701, the newer watercooled laptop.

However, come to think of it, I cannot be 100% sure that I didn't see it, I was in a rush to cover as much area as possible, as I only have 1 day to cover the entire computex (I took a leave of absence for this).

If I had even one more day...

My primary focus were on the 1080 cards and gaming monitors in general.

Back