ASUS Announces Xonar U7 MKII

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS today announced Xonar U7 MKII, a high-quality USB sound card and headphone amplifier. The compact Xonar U7 MKII is an upgraded version of the acclaimed Xonar U7 and features true 7.1-channel,192kHz/24-bit high-definition (HD) surround-sound output for incredible audio performance. Xonar U7 MKII comes with ASUS Sonic Studio, a software utility with an intuitive single-screen interface that provides complete control over a wide range of audio features, and Sonic Radar Pro, a feature for gamers that visually maps in-game sounds in first-person shooter (FPS) games to provide a competitive advantage.

And a month after its released it's be abandoned. A buggy "beta" driver will eventually be released but never updated to to partially address launch issues. The Asus forums will be flooded with users trying to do things like "listen to music" and "play games" who have audio issues.

It will however be prominently featured on their web site long after it's discontinued. Like this:

https://www.asus.com/Headphones-Headsets/Vulcan_PRO/

Burned twice by Asus audio. Never again.

The software is one question, but the quality of the DAC/Amp pair is quite another, and one that would garner interest quickly. With that and decent HRTF support they could easily find customers assuming they bother to focus on their software.

I bet its a good device.

I've got the Asus xonar D1 and its badass.

I did have the d1 paired to a schiit lyr 2 with 1974 Russian tubes powering a pair of beyerdynamic dt 770.

Sold the amp for my mxpe, never regretted it.
jr0bwyx.jpg

Back