ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

Anyone had their menu joystick start acting wonky?

It was all good and then in the middle of adjusting brightness it decided to become completely random. Up is down, down does nothing, left is right, right does nothing, middle button is a combination of up and enter. Dammit.

Lucked out.. My advance rma replacement monitor has no dead pixels. Lets see how long this one lasts.

Does the Swift display 1:1 pixel mapping (small image) when connecting a device like Ps4 or similar? Or does it stretch it to a blurry mess?

Thx, don't want to buy a cable if not.

I take it you don't mind paying $120 for a converter to use on an $800 monitor... it supports 1080p60 at least. I couldn't find a definitive answer on 1:1 pixel mapping though. There is nothing in the OSD about setting scaling.

As a side note I sent mine in for RMA this week. I had backlight bleed along the entire bottom and it creeped in about an inch in the bottom right-hand corner. Very noticeable in dark scenes.

Too bad Asus doesn't pay to ship to them =/. $40 one-way. I hope the replacement doesn't have any issues.

I take it you don't mind paying $120 for a converter to use on an $800 monitor... it supports 1080p60 at least. I couldn't find a definitive answer on 1:1 pixel mapping though. There is nothing in the OSD about setting scaling.

A hdmi to displayport cost about $20. Are you saying the signal will not work at all?

You need an active converter to go from HDMI to displayport. Different signaling. I think a video card on a computer is able to detect/adjust what goes out of the displayport connection so it sends DVI information out instead but that is limited to 1080p.

You can get a passive displayport to HDMI cable/adapter for up to 1080p, but not the other way.

Edit: You need a DisplayPort++ capable port to be able to send HDMI/DVI information out using a Displayport-to-HDMI/DVI adapter as an FYI.

Last edited:
I'd still be curious if the monitor does 1:1 pixel mapping. It supports 1080p60 so you should be able to make it work with an active adapter. I guess it might not matter if you are playing console games from a few feet away.

finally got mine in and setup....I really don't see the reason for all nit-picking on this monitor

I don't find the anti glare coating that bad, and colors out of the box aren't terrible either (no not perfect, but they aren't so terrible that they send you running for the hills)

one of mine had a stuck red pixel after a few hours...but to my surprise it actually reset with some pressure. First time that's EVER worked for me....thankfully.

The ergo t e c h stand still doesn't support these in landscape surround very well, even though this is probably the slimmest 27" 1440p monitor out there right now. Kind of annoyed that ++++++++ even tries to claim it supports 27"....it BARELY does....

I also recently upgraded to an ASUS Swift, and I've been very happy with it. I do agree with Exyia on the coating, and I'd say that it's about the same as what's on my wife's 24" Dell Ultrasharp.

It arrived with zero dead pixels, but after about a days worth of use, I had a stuck green pixel that I was able to fix with a little pressure on the screen. It hasn't come back and I've been using the monitor for over a week now. I haven't encountered any pixel inversion issues with it either.

As for the colors, I'm using the TFTCentral color profile with their recommended settings and everything looks great while playing.

20150207_113041.jpg

I'm picking one of these up but only after all the new CES monitors come out. So when it's around $650-700.

I am also thinking of purchasing this monitor, so, question i have.

What is the 'safe' release date on box? (as i remember early models used to have some issues?)

What exactly should i look after once i receive it?

I did some re-search in this thread, but, re-searching 202+ pages is simply not possible.

If somebody (who is okay with that) could help \ advise, i will appreciate it.

Thanks!

I am also thinking of purchasing this monitor, so, question i have.

What is the 'safe' release date on box? (as i remember early models used to have some issues?)

What exactly should i look after once i receive it?

I did some re-search in this thread, but, re-searching 202+ pages is simply not possible.

If somebody (who is okay with that) could help \ advise, i will appreciate it.

Thanks!

the mad rush for these monitors is long over - they're in stock on multiple stores/websites now and have been for weeks.

if you get a problem with your monitor, there will probably be enough supply now to get a timely RMA replacement

all this fearmongering of displays lately has just been facepalm worthy to read. warranties exist for a reason

Anyone remove the matte AR film on the Swift yet? Thinking of doing it.

No but I'm very interested in your results. I can prob donate 10 - 20 to your cause if you pm me your paypal. Not much in itself but if a bunch of us did it might help take the brunt of the loss out if you suffered a failure.

I was just logging into this thread to say that I've been using ulmb mode again (at 50 pulse width) on some easier to render games. Notably L4D2 and I jumped back into Darksiders(1) which I had never put much time into past the first handful of levels. I think the color and contrast look good in games (in a moderately lit room with light sources behind the backs of the monitors, at pulse width 50). It reminds me of a crt in a lot of ways and the motion clarity is very crisp. Note that my OSD brightness in ULMB mode is at 100 and my pulse width is at 50, and I also turn the brightness up in the game's video menu itself. On the desktop the whites sort of crush noticeably on some larger, (full page etc) white planes. I'm on the fence about using ulmb in desktop mode but on easy to render games it is great. It does take my eyes a second to adjust between my much brighter ips at the same desk and back to the ulmb mode swift (which I still have in ulmb mode on desktop atm). But as my eyes adjust, the monitor actually looks "richer" to my eyes than when I first look over at it. I experienced the same kind of thing between my lcd and fw900 back when I ran both too, in that my eyes would focus on them each differently.

Anyone remove the matte AR film on the Swift yet? Thinking of doing it.

I have no interest in this monitor anymore, but would like to see you attempt this for shits and giggles. Would be interesting to see whether removal of the AG markedly improves image quality.

I have no interest in this monitor anymore, but would like to see you attempt this for shits and giggles. Would be interesting to see whether removal of the AG markedly improves image quality.

Obviously it would. Oh, hey can you try and see if your vehicle runs on Pepsi? Would be interesting if it actually worked.

A question,

What i am noticing is that, my power led goes "off" (no color\light at all) while in the game (full screen).
As i understand, it is supposed to glow red if G-SYNC is enabled? (for some reason mine goes off).

If i go to OSD, it tells NVIDIA G-SYNC as mode.

Please advise

A question,

What i am noticing is that, my power led goes "off" (no color\light at all) while in the game (full screen).
As i understand, it is supposed to glow red if G-SYNC is enabled? (for some reason mine goes off).

If i go to OSD, it tells NVIDIA G-SYNC as mode.

Please advise

White is power on
yellow is ULMB
red is GSYNC

It should be either of those 3 while gaming fullscreen or at desktop

Mine is off while in the game, full screen.

Looks like red led is not working in this case?

IMG20150223150443.jpg

It lights green once i am back to Windows (Desktop) mode.

It lights green once i am back to Windows (Desktop) mode.

if your LED is Green that means you have 3D vision enabled. i don't believe the ROG Swift can operate in both 3D and G-sync. i'd check and see if you unknowingly have 3D vision enabled.

Thanks for responding.

Could you please tell me where \ what to check if you don't mind?

I am coming from AMD , recently got NVIDIA 980 and this monitor, i am a bit lost.

Will be very thankful.

Thank you

frankly i've never used 3D vision, just reporting to you what a green LED means. i'd poke around the nvidia control panel and look for a 3D vision setting.

Thanks sir.

I just used DDU to clean the drivers, and will be installing them without 3D support.

Thanks

After re-installing drivers, with no 3D selection, back to Windows, led is still green ://

Nvidia driver settings:

2015-02-23_16-37-42.png

2015-02-23_16-38-16.png

2015-02-23_16-38-37.png

2015-02-23_16-39-02.png

I am lost, not sure what to do.

if anybody please could help me, it will be appreciated.

Thanks

No luck :\\ don't know what else to do.

I also tried going to Safe Mode (as i understand, no drivers \ addons are loaded in Safe mode?) Which means Led should be White?

I also uninstalled drivers with DDU (2nd time) and installed TweakForce (modded drivers) which do no include 3D vision at all.

2015-02-23_17-11-24.png

I tried loading World of Tanks again, in full mode\screen, Led is off, and in Windows, Led is Green (exactly the same as before i did all uninstalls\troublshootings etc).

I am connected to NVIDIA 980 over Displayport cable that came with the Monitor

Please advise

another possibility is the LED is faulty and showing the wrong colors. i believe i read of someone else with that issue, either here on [H] or over on OCN.

I see, possible, of course :)

Well, good thing is that 2nd Swift is on the way, ordered it today, due to "cloud back light bleeds that i started noticing after 3-4 days of use" , will reports how it is with new one then.

Thanks!

Back