ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

Got mine from the Egg this afternoon (ordered Tuesday). I'm running an R290 (stock, no OC'ing) and I cannot get above 85 Hz. All the refresh options display as available in CCC, but choosing anything higher causes the screen to either immediately blank and go to "No Signal", or flash a few times before going blank. This is my first high refresh rate display -- anything obvious I might be overlooking?

This thing is trash. Considering just returning it today or next week sometime. I had tons of software problems setting it up initially to just try out Diablo 3. Even had to reboot my computer after the monitor INSISTED it was out of range. Said screw it and utterly uprooted the drivers and reinstalled them. Worked better after that, I got some playtime in Diablo 3, Just Cause 2, and AC Black Flag (granted that's capped at 60Hz in that anyway). It was good. Nothing earthshattering, but good. Now if it consistently worked like that it might be worth keeping because I didn't have anywhere else I cared to put that money anyway.

Then today I wake up and try to take it for a spin in Diablo 3 again, to select the 144Hz option. Get out of range errors friggin constantly, just trying to go through the menu. And you can't see what's on the screen at all during this time. Monitor's just black with an annoying out of range box in the center of the screen. I finally did get it working for who the hell knows what reason. I mean it probably wasn't working, it was just deciding to stay stable for some strange reason. Then, I try BF Bad Company 2. Same OUT OF RANGE LOL. Try Civ 5. Same thing. Try anything else. Same thing. Not a single game will work with this hunk of junk. As an FYI, I hadn't even shut off the computer since last night. It's the same boot, and the only thing I'd been doing is surfing the internet before I went to sleep.

Not to mention I don't know if it's because of the latest driver that I had to install to even get this working in Diablo 3 without hard crashing my computer, but Far Cry 3 it didn't help out any at all. In fact, in Far Cry 3, I was now reduced to a stuttering mess. Which was the same between both of my monitors, so I guess it's thanks to Nvidia's new agenda to screw over SLI users in any way possible. You know, the way they broke Shadowplay and then never fixed it for us?

I'm really rather pissed, here. I got a pretty decent panel. A bit of backlight clouding but nothing major that would make me return it for once. No dead or stuck pixels. It was not DOA. But this out of range crap... it's REALLY killing me. Like even supposing it was an Nvidia driver issue, they couldn't have made some kind of fallback for this built into the monitor?! It sounds to me like part of the signal isn't as expected and they never even made logic to throw it out or something. For an 800$ monitor, this kind of crap is unacceptable. I'm really thinking about just giving it back to Fry's. What do you people think? Whose fault is it and who is gonna fix it?

Wow, that sucks, sorry you having so many issues.

I got mine last Saturday at Fry's and I had a lot of the same issues. I never got the "out-of-range" bug until today. It happened after I was playing Batman Origins with 3D vision. I started to play other non-3d vision games and got the bug. It's a known bug and Asus rep already says it will be fixed in driver update. I turned off my 2nd monitor and didn't fix it. Then I started going through the refresh rates from 60Hz to 144Hz and that seemed to fix it for now.

Regarding your other frustrations. It sounds similar to my early experience. I would suggest to not run Fraps or any "Rivatuner" like app.

I posted earlier on Asus forums about all my troubleshooting:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?50805-First-Impressions&country=&status=

Do you have a dedicated Physx card? If so, take it out. It's a known bug that will be fixed in a driver update confirmed by an Nvidia rep at this link:

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=9609

As far as your game experience. I think AC4: Black Flag and Watch_Dogs were just as crappy with gsync as they were before. They both were stuttery before, and gsync didn't magically fix them. However, Skyrim, Wolfenstein New Order, BF4, Titan Fall were fantastic with gsync for me.

In my opinion, if gsync is messing things up, just run without it until Nvidia can get a new driver out.

I think Nvidia is hard at work on a new driver that hopefully will be out soon.

Good Luck

Wow, that sucks, sorry you having so many issues.

I got mine last Saturday at Fry's and I had a lot of the same issues. I never got the "out-of-range" bug until today. It happened after I was playing Batman Origins with 3D vision. I started to play other non-3d vision games and got the bug. It's a known bug and Asus rep already says it will be fixed in driver update. I turned off my 2nd monitor and didn't fix it. Then I started going through the refresh rates from 60Hz to 144Hz and that seemed to fix it for now.

Regarding your other frustrations. It sounds similar to my early experience. I would suggest to not run Fraps or any "Rivatuner" like app.

I posted earlier on Asus forums about all my troubleshooting:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?50805-First-Impressions&country=&status=

Do you have a dedicated Physx card? If so, take it out. It's a known bug that will be fixed in a driver update confirmed by an Nvidia rep at this link:

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=9609

As far as your game experience. I think AC4: Black Flag and Watch_Dogs were just as crappy with gsync as they were before. They both were stuttery before, and gsync didn't magically fix them. However, Skyrim, Wolfenstein New Order, BF4, Titan Fall were fantastic with gsync for me.

In my opinion, if gsync is messing things up, just run without it until Nvidia can get a new driver out.

I think Nvidia is hard at work on a new driver that hopefully will be out soon.

Good Luck

Well as I noted in a later post, all it really took to fix it for me was simply disconnecting the monitor, blowing on the connectors, and reconnecting it. Thus far it has worked fine in every game I have tried... for now.

Received mine today, hooked it just to my motherboard as i am gpu-less at the moment.

Been running through the screens here

http://jasonfarrell.com/misc/deadpixeltest.php

I appear to have one dead pixel, on the left hand side of the screen, 10cm from bottom and 2cm from the left side, shows darker/blackish(sort of looks "hollow" if you get me) on white, fairly noticeable, also shows in the red green blue, but really hard to see, cannot see it while black screen.

I suspect that there is no way to "revive" that pixel at all?
<snip>

If it is stuck, there may be hope...
http://www.jscreenfix.com/

I will note that I have never had that tool actually succeed in fixing a stuck pixel before. The only time that I have succeeded in fixing a stuck pixel period is on my HP LP2465, where I rubbed the area and it went away. I will also note that I just noticed a pixel that was stuck red when looking at that JS Screen Fix page. It's a lone one, and impossible to see any reasonable distance from the screen, but nonetheless my urge to return this screen grows higher. My cheapo Qnix only had one defective pixel, and it was a dead SUB pixel. This one is just blatantly stuck. It's hard to see because it's just one, but still. This is bad quality control.

are you guys installing the monitor driver from the Asus website or not bothering with it?

Right after that last post, found another stuck pixel after a much, much closer scan, near the center seems to be stuck grey.

Neither of these are remotely visible without me staring at the screen trying to find them, but nonetheless knowing your item has defects is troublesome. When I was first looking for 1440p monitors, I returned them for lesser reasons than 2 stuck pixels, especially when one is near the center. It appears that both of these are extremely small. Maybe part of the pixel is stuck. I don't know if that's possible. Nonetheless, I'll probably returning this. Software issues combined with lack of quality control. It's just not worth it.

Right after that last post, found another stuck pixel after a much, much closer scan, near the center seems to be stuck grey.

Neither of these are remotely visible without me staring at the screen trying to find them, but nonetheless knowing your item has defects is troublesome. When I was first looking for 1440p monitors, I returned them for lesser reasons than 2 stuck pixels, especially when one is near the center. It appears that both of these are extremely small. Maybe part of the pixel is stuck. I don't know if that's possible. Nonetheless, I'll probably returning this. Software issues combined with lack of quality control. It's just not worth it.

Pretty sure mine is dead and not stuck, as it fits the explanations(shows on white, can't see on black) for dead better than stuck as far as i can tell.

are you guys installing the monitor driver from the Asus website or not bothering with it?
There's a driver? The CD that comes with the monitor doesn't even have a driver on it. Where have you seen a driver?

I installed the driver, didn't see a huge difference. I used a calibrator to configure the monitor and it seems to work well. The monitor has pretty good color balance out of the box, but has way too high of brightness even for someone like myself who prefers bright monitors.

However the difference in gaming is stunning. This is my first 120/144Hz LCD and I am amazed. Battlefield 4 on my system running 100-150 fps in Mantle reminds me of how smooth it used to be on a CRT.

Received mine from Newegg on Thursday but did not get a chance to set up until tonight ad everything is flawless running the latest Nvidia divers and I have 680 SLI, amazed how smooth games are so far.

I'm kinda conflicted here. On one hand, it has 2 stuck pixels. On the other hand they're near impossible to see unless looking very hard (one of them takes like 4 minutes to find knowing the area; I have sharp eyes) and this is probably the best most blur-free session of L4D that I've ever played. Like CRT level or better. And the colors are really good, too. I'm fine with keeping it, just a question of should I, considering those defects are still there. Gagh. I'm wondering if I should lower my standards for modern panels (or rather, my luck, even further down than they are...)

Of course if those signal problems keep popping up the answer is going to be more obvious.

I feel like this monitor puts out a lot of heat. My room is a lot warmer when using this monitor vs my old 24 in 60 hz Samsung.

On one hand, it has 2 stuck pixels. .

I would never accept two stuck pixels on any monitor. Plus resale value drops.

I feel like this monitor puts out a lot of heat. My room is a lot warmer when using this monitor vs my old 24 in 60 hz Samsung.

Yes, they overclocked the G-Sync chip and had to put a larger heatsink on it and enlarged the cooling vents in the back. It will definitely put out some heat.

I noticed this as well. I hope asus put sufficient cooling in as it would be horrible if the heat adversely affected the lifespan of these amazing displays

I don't really care about resale value. I just either build new computers or give things to friends.

But that's not the thing. The thing is, I used to think like that, and obsessed over whether the monitor had any defects. Hence, last summer I ended up literally returning 8+ brand name 1440p monitors because of minor imperfections. And during this whole process I'm stressed out and hoping nothing goes wrong with my return and then noting that I'm also rolling the dice on whether the next one will be any better. Then I finally said screw it and got a Qnix because I was sick of buying and returning 700$ monitors with no luck. It also had imperfections, but ironically they were more minor.

Maybe if I had your kind of luck I'd still think the same way. But I've become relatively convinced, through anecdotal evidence, that there is some kind of panel deity that has it out for me. I have never gotten a single panel that was perfect, afaik, in my entire life. At least none that have withstood any scrutiny I put on them. There are some I never bothered checking that I didn't notice problems with. I'm just thinking that at this point living with any imperfections that don't ruin my viewing experience might be what I have to do with monitors. Otherwise I'm never going to get anywhere and I'm gonna get stressed out all the time. That's a somewhat sad lot in life for a PC gamer but that's where I'm at. My luck with monitors in general is just so god awful it's silly. I guess I should be happy I get monitors that turn on and just live with it.

just watched a newegg vid where someone asked them about this monitor, apparently newegg had a short exclusivity deal on them.

I also tried ULMB

Testufo - This was intriguing. It did in fact remove the motion blur at the default speed, making the UFO look like a solid moving object.

Dishonored - Also an intriguing test case, since my video card has no issues holding 120fps at 2560x1440. With ULMB, things still exhibited the normal multiple images when turning quickly, but when turning more slowly, the image went into an uncanny valley in terms of movement. My eyes stopped seeing individual frames, but rather movement... which accentuated the "fish eye" effect of the game's POV.

In reference to Chrome/IE fps issues - I found that if you have multi-monitor setup, and ANY of the monitors are not matching the high-framerate monitor, the browsers may limit themselves to the framerate of the slowest one.

For example, if I have my Dell 4K monitor enabled as well as my Benq XL2411Z, chrome will insist on staying at 60 fps when open on the Benq. Now, I haven't tested this yet with the Benq as the primary - you'll have to experiment with that.

I also tried ULMB

Testufo - This was intriguing. It did in fact remove the motion blur at the default speed, making the UFO look like a solid moving object.

Dishonored - Also an intriguing test case, since my video card has no issues holding 120fps at 2560x1440. With ULMB, things still exhibited the normal multiple images when turning quickly, but when turning more slowly, the image went into an uncanny valley in terms of movement. My eyes stopped seeing individual frames, but rather movement... which accentuated the "fish eye" effect of the game's POV.

Thanks. I'm interested in that since I've been playing that game and have the DLCs too.
You can change the FoV and do some other tweaks fyi (in addition to the video settings FoV slider itself).

http://www.pcgamesn.com/dishonored/dishonored-pc-improvement-guide-increase-fov-disable-intro-movies-more

(http://steamcommunity.com) Dishonored Graphics improvments and tweaks!

Pushing dishonored over 130fps http://www.overclock.net/t/1314018/dishonored-discussion-thread/100

more tips/config tweaks http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494894&page=7

It also has in game motion blur and depth of field that are toggle-able in video settings or at least in the ini tweaks, so you might want to try messing around with those as well.

Last edited:
I also tried ULMB

If you want a really good night and day test try out the moving map
http://testufo.com/#test=photo&photo=toronto-map.png&pps=960&pursuit=0&height=0

The street names are crystal clear and easy to read with ULMB.

This is what I show people when I'm at LANs, then people go back to their IPS monitors and cry.

that is because your old monitor was smaller and used less power. the swift reviews that measure its power consumption place it at similar power consumption as other monitors like it

but he said it took him 4 minutes to find the defect. if you return something with invisible defects you might get a replacement with visible defects. and on and on it goes. this is not a mature product or panel. there will be defects, and if someone wants one today, they better take what they can get

I hope asus put sufficient cooling in as it would be horrible if the heat adversely affected the lifespan of these amazing displays

if they didn't put sufficient cooling in, you wouldn't notice the heat, because it would stay in the monitor and cook itself until you had a broken monitor

I don't really care about resale value. I just either build new computers or give things to friends.

But that's not the thing. The thing is, I used to think like that, and obsessed over whether the monitor had any defects. Hence, last summer I ended up literally returning 8+ brand name 1440p monitors because of minor imperfections. And during this whole process I'm stressed out and hoping nothing goes wrong with my return and then noting that I'm also rolling the dice on whether the next one will be any better. Then I finally said screw it and got a Qnix because I was sick of buying and returning 700$ monitors with no luck. It also had imperfections, but ironically they were more minor.

Maybe if I had your kind of luck I'd still think the same way. But I've become relatively convinced, through anecdotal evidence, that there is some kind of panel deity that has it out for me. I have never gotten a single panel that was perfect, afaik, in my entire life. At least none that have withstood any scrutiny I put on them. There are some I never bothered checking that I didn't notice problems with. I'm just thinking that at this point living with any imperfections that don't ruin my viewing experience might be what I have to do with monitors. Otherwise I'm never going to get anywhere and I'm gonna get stressed out all the time. That's a somewhat sad lot in life for a PC gamer but that's where I'm at. My luck with monitors in general is just so god awful it's silly. I guess I should be happy I get monitors that turn on and just live with it.

Well, just so you know I have decided to keep my monitor with the one dead pixel I mentioned a few pages ago, it's only noticeable on white and you have to be at the right angle to see it.

I just think by the time I post it back and they send a new one out (both postage on me), and the chance of it having similar or worse problems is just not worth it.

That said I'm still pissed off.

Just got my ROG Swift PG278Q today from Newegg via FedEx and have finished setting it up a few hours ago. It seems my prayers has been answered! No stuck/dead/bright pixels! I searched for it meticulously on different color backgrounds using UD Pixel and none was found! :D There is no smudge or any noticeable backlight bleed on the panel also. It does put out quite a bit of heat... especially the power brick--its very hot to touch! I just hope that's just normal for this and doesn't degrade its functionality over time.

I tried a few games... Tomb Raider 2013, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, CS Go, etc. All I can say is Wow! No more screen tearing! I used to get lotta screen tearing before so I often used Vsync On. So far Gsync worked flawless for me on most of the games I tried except Hitman Absolution. He kinda moves weird when i move him.. but I haven't put in enough time to diagnose this... I'll work on resolving this when I'm off.

The game that really stood out for me using Gysnc is CS GO! Mannnn!!!! It's really buttery smooth! I disabled Vsync and no tearing at all! Everything is all smooth! I was running it at 144Hz @ 1440p resolution no problem! Overall, I'm very satisfied with this purchase so far. I'll put a more detailed review about this monitor on Newegg when I have time.

My system specs:

Corsair 600T White Edition PC Case
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 1200W Platinum Certified PSU
Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 Motherboard
Intel i7 2700k CPU OC'ed to 4.5Ghz (Stable up to 4.8Ghz)
Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB (Main OS)
OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 512GB (Selected Games and Programs)
Seagate 4TB SATA III 7200RPM HDD x2 (Storage Drives)
HGST 4TB SATA III 7200RPM HDD x1 (Storage Drives)
Western Digital RE 4TB Enterprise HDD (Steam & Important Files)
Corsair H100i CPU Liquid Cooling
EVGA GTX 680 Classified x2 in SLI Config (both stable @ 1293Mhz OC)
16GB (4x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X RAMs 2133 @ 9-11-10-28 1T timings
Asus PG278Q ROG Swift Monitor @ 2560 x 1440p 144Hz
Plextor PX-LB950SA Bluray burner CD/DVD/Bluray drive

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS

I think what I have is stuck subpixels. I mean one of them is stuck some lightish blue/grey, and it's pretty much to the upper left of dead center. You'd think I'd be able to see/notice it easily on various backgrounds, especially red. But no, it takes minutes of searching to find it on a black background if you don't know exactly where it is... and then I can't see it on any other background at all, including pure red, green, or white. I literally left my cursor on that spot and tried to find it on any background but black. I couldn't.

Same thing with the red one near the bottom middle-ish. I tried switching to pure blue and pure green, and I couldn't find it at all. Plus for some reason they both look smaller than the normal stuck pixels. It's kinda weird.

So I guess it's 2 stuck sub-pixels... or something. This is slightly bizarre case. Also some small word of warning. Maybe my initial scan wasn't close enough, but I really don't remember seeing that red one in my initial scan for stuck pixels before I even hooked it up to the computer (kept turning the backlight on when it went to sleep to look). It seemed to show up after I'd been gaming for a bit at higher refresh rates. And yeah if I return it I'm afraid I'm gonna get something way worse than what I have right now. I've played this game before, I know that I'll lose at it. Of course that's unfounded because this should follow a statistical distribution where each attempt is independent from the last, but uh... yeah my brain just can't wrap itself around that, not after last summer.

Edit: So what's the list of possible defects? I've heard some people mention backlight flickering while web browsing. I have not seen that myself. Or something about red lines appearing... again have not seen that personally...

Last edited:
Got to see one of these babies in action. Super impressed. The best TN panel I've ever seen bar none. In games its so beautiful and the motion clarity is jarring to say the least. Its the kind of monitor that merits an investment even at its price. You are not going to see many of these gems in the wild in a few years I don't believe these features will yet become mainstream.

The only downside is performance requirements. You must have a beefy PC to run at its native resolution with its max refresh rate. I already find keeping 85+ fps at 1440p pretty challenging even with a great card so its just not possible to hit 144 in most games. This will change though with better GPU's but anyone thinking about this monitor without a couple of 780's is likely not going to get the most out of it.

ULBM is so wonderful now. They calibrated the washed out gamma and its usable for all kinds of stuff. Love this feature and seeing it matured from a "hack" to a feature is great. Very pleased about this.

I think I'm however going to pass on this one finally , after much debate. I have 3 Qnix's at even with this TN being of premium quality I still prefer to look at my Qnix's (all overclocked to 120hz) overall. ULBM almost convinced me to buy this monitor but for the cost and for me its not worth it. I have an upgraded ASUS G-sync panel and its 1080p 120hz G-sync is more than enough if I really want G-sync for certain games (Metro benefited greatly before they re-released it). I don't think I'm the target audience for this panel but I'm very impressed by it.

If you don't already have a pretty nice configuration then grab this. Don't hesitate. They will be gone before you know it and you'll regret it.

This thing is trash. Considering just returning it today or next week sometime. I had tons of software problems setting it up initially to just try out Diablo 3. Even had to reboot my computer after the monitor INSISTED it was out of range. Said screw it and utterly uprooted the drivers and reinstalled them. Worked better after that, I got some playtime in Diablo 3, Just Cause 2, and AC Black Flag (granted that's capped at 60Hz in that anyway). It was good. Nothing earthshattering, but good. Now if it consistently worked like that it might be worth keeping because I didn't have anywhere else I cared to put that money anyway.

Then today I wake up and try to take it for a spin in Diablo 3 again, to select the 144Hz option. Get out of range errors friggin constantly, just trying to go through the menu. And you can't see what's on the screen at all during this time. Monitor's just black with an annoying out of range box in the center of the screen. I finally did get it working for who the hell knows what reason. I mean it probably wasn't working, it was just deciding to stay stable for some strange reason. Then, I try BF Bad Company 2. Same OUT OF RANGE LOL. Try Civ 5. Same thing. Try anything else. Same thing. Not a single game will work with this hunk of junk. As an FYI, I hadn't even shut off the computer since last night. It's the same boot, and the only thing I'd been doing is surfing the internet before I went to sleep.

Not to mention I don't know if it's because of the latest driver that I had to install to even get this working in Diablo 3 without hard crashing my computer, but Far Cry 3 it didn't help out any at all. In fact, in Far Cry 3, I was now reduced to a stuttering mess. Which was the same between both of my monitors, so I guess it's thanks to Nvidia's new agenda to screw over SLI users in any way possible. You know, the way they broke Shadowplay and then never fixed it for us?

I'm really rather pissed, here. I got a pretty decent panel. A bit of backlight clouding but nothing major that would make me return it for once. No dead or stuck pixels. It was not DOA. But this out of range crap... it's REALLY killing me. Like even supposing it was an Nvidia driver issue, they couldn't have made some kind of fallback for this built into the monitor?! It sounds to me like part of the signal isn't as expected and they never even made logic to throw it out or something. For an 800$ monitor, this kind of crap is unacceptable. I'm really thinking about just giving it back to Fry's. What do you people think? Whose fault is it and who is gonna fix it?

Ok, I think I have already mentioned the issue in this thread somewhere. The out of range thing will be fixed in an Nvidia driver update according to ASUS.

To get rid of the out of range error, simply unplug the cable and plug it back in. That should get rid of it, if not, you could also try the safe mode Nvidia driver cleaner that you can get from Geforce.com forums and reinstall latest Nvidia drivers. If you end up missing 144 Hz mode, you can add it back in via Nvidia control panel as Custom resolution. Out of range only seems to appear at 60 Hz sometimes.

What mode are you guys running in for windows desktop / web browsing? 144 Hz? Is it safe to leave this thing in 144 Hz all the time or is that going to shorten the life of the monitor?

Im so mad ive been working so much and Family time I missed out on getting this! Im looking at spending upto $975 to get it ASAP but cant find anything.

I take back what I said about G-Sync. Really good stuff!

Yup. You have to see it in motion and especially in a game that doesn't have a well coded engine to appreciate its value. I don't think I could have played Metro : Last Light without G-sync as it was a weird mess otherwise (not including the new version which is better optimized).

Ok, I think I have already mentioned the issue in this thread somewhere. The out of range thing will be fixed in an Nvidia driver update according to ASUS.

To get rid of the out of range error, simply unplug the cable and plug it back in. That should get rid of it, if not, you could also try the safe mode Nvidia driver cleaner that you can get from Geforce.com forums and reinstall latest Nvidia drivers. If you end up missing 144 Hz mode, you can add it back in via Nvidia control panel as Custom resolution. Out of range only seems to appear at 60 Hz sometimes.

It's kind of hard to find random posts in a very long topic. But if you read on you would also find out that I solved that problem earlier by doing what you suggested. I just tried it on instinct and it worked.

But all of that said, I'm still sending this thing back.
I was playing Payday 2 with a friend just earlier and then noticed when a certain level loaded my screen just started flickering like crazy at 144Hz at some point. Then this persisted for every single other level. When I alt tabbed out, my text was all fuzzy and blurred in Explorer and in Waterfox and everything else under the sun. After trying to fix the annoying backlight flickering during the game desperately to no avail, and even with driver reinstalls nothing.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ft-PG278Q-Blurry-text-and-bad-quality-overall

And yeah apparently there's nothing you can do.

This is friggin pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. I was willing to deal with 2 stuck subpixels, but then it can't even keep it down to that! Now it's even more messed up. Yeah, I'm kind of sick of dealing with this thing already. I'm taking it back to Fry's as soon as they open today. I don't even care if they don't have any more in stock. They can just have it back, I don't need a replacement if they don't have one already there. Between Signal errors that you can't solve except by restarting (sometimes alt tabbing doesn't even work and if you try to unplug during the game, good luck. It'll lock up the entire system, probably thanks to G-Sync), panel quality control, and then it suddenly deciding to fail by making text blurry and the backlight flicker like crazy... yeah I don't need this.

I know I've been mercurial about my opinion on this thing, but this time it's a bit much.

Back