ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

I've been having problems with the monitor displaying an Out Of Range message or just a plain black screen whenever I try to load certain games in full screen with gsync enabled (CS:GO, Left 4 Dead 2). The problem doesn't happen all the time but it seems like a fairly widespread issue and ASUS is claiming it is an G-SYNC Driver problem.

For now I find that disabling G-SYNC resolves this issue for me.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?50213-Asus-PG278Q-Out-of-Range-bug&country=&status=

Returned mine yesterday.

G-sync was having issues (annoying ones) with more than a handful of games. in particular, it would have serious issues with menus. Pause menus and menus while loading the game sometimes flat out did not work and ran at what felt like 15FPS.

Nothing against the panel itself, and it can most likely be fixed with driver updates from Nvidia, or a firmware update from Asus... But im not paying 800 bucks to wait around.

Back to the XL2720Z until then!

Returned mine yesterday.

G-sync was having issues (annoying ones) with more than a handful of games. in particular, it would have serious issues with menus. Pause menus and menus while loading the game sometimes flat out did not work and ran at what felt like 15FPS.

Nothing against the panel itself, and it can most likely be fixed with driver updates from Nvidia, or a firmware update from Asus... But im not paying 800 bucks to wait around.

Very interesting. Can you please name the games where the menu didn't work and you had other issues?

Ordered mine from NewEgg on Tuesday and its out for delivery. I havent been this excited about a hardware purchase in a long time.

Ordered mine from NewEgg on Tuesday and its out for delivery. I havent been this excited about a hardware purchase in a long time.

I ordered on Tuesday as well :( guess I didn't get in on the batch they had, I'm still back ordered. I'm with you on the excited part, I'm almost as excited about this as when I bought my boat last year haha

Well, I called Best Buy for Business and they confirmed stock, so I ordered one. I'm still skeptical.

Damn you! I did a pre-order over the phone with the local NCIX store, i freaking hope it comes in to pickup tomorrow. When did you pre-order btw?

Ordered mine on Aug 12th, but it seems people that ordered much later are getting theirs too.

Returned mine yesterday.

I had that issue and fixed it by pulling out my dedicated Physx card. I also did a complete driver clean of nvidia and re-installed 340.52. Also, having EVGA precision loaded bugged up any game that used gsync for me. Even if you can't get gsync to work right yet, its worth keeping the monitor because it has such a low response time. I can use adaptive Vsync with 144Hz and games don't tear.

For those that are also looking to purchase the Nvidia 3D glasses kit you can get them for $115 shipped at Tigerdirect after the $15 of $100 coupon. I just placed an order and wanted to pass this along since these usually go for $135+.

Last edited:
... just because it may have rolled off the page, I wanted to re-share this tidbit. YMMV.

Could you elaborate on this Best Buy for Business? I tried going to their store and they said they didn't have any stock, and neither did their web site.

Best Buy for Business

Jenny R - 11:47am
Let me check on that for you.
David - 11:47am
Thanks
Jenny R - 11:51am
So in checking on this item further it looks like we do not have any stock on it. There was a glitch in our system here at the business.

Best Buy for Business

Thanks
So in checking on this item further it looks like we do not have any stock on it. There was a glitch in our system here at the business.

Hah! Funny, as I called and talked to a CSR who said just the opposite! I'll let the order ride out and see how it goes.

Best buy for business stated in a phone conversation that they are shipping orders direct from the supplier... highly doubt they have any stock themselves.

Best buy for business stated in a phone conversation that they are shipping orders direct from the supplier... highly doubt they have any stock themselves.

You must have reached a rep. who gave a crap. The rep. I spoke with was a dudebro who used the phrase, "cool, man" to end the call. I felt like he was going to offer a fist bump through the phone.

Best Buy for Business

Thanks

Was that in an online chat? I don't see any links on the BBFB site for a chat.

You must have reached a rep. who gave a crap. The rep. I spoke with was a dudebro who used the phrase, "cool, man" to end the call. I felt like he was going to offer a fist bump through the phone.

Yeah right away he said these are shipping from the supplier direct to customers, then he went and asked some supervisor.

Came back and repeated the same thing.

On a sad note my pre-order from NCIX didn't make the first round of shipments :( so I probably have to wait... two more weeks! (literally was what he guessed)

For those who ordered on Amazon: I had an expected delivery date of Sept 3rd and I just got a shipment notification with a tracking # :).

Back