ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

so is everyone gonna cancel their pcnation preorder or just wait and see what happens? im trying to decide

They charged $783 which is below the MSRP, no tax, and I get free 3 day Fedex shipping. Since other sites don't seem to be doing pre-orders, there's no guarantee I'd be able to get one before they sell out. All things considered I feel there's no reason to cancel at this point except perhaps to get a better return policy from a different site.

Last edited:
The only way I will cancel my pcnation preorder is if I can get it ordered from new egg or amazon in the meantime.

so is everyone gonna cancel their pcnation preorder or just wait and see what happens? im trying to decide

Nope, no way I'll cancel. As the poster above me said, the only way is if another retailer gets it to me before PCNation does.

Bad news for those who ordered from PCNation (myself included)... just read from ASUS's official forum:

The following retailers will have availability after 8/26. We are making them as fast as we can but we expect to sell outthe first few batches fast as there is strong demand. After initial wave, (into Sept) availability should get better. Not sure if retailers will setup pre-ordering (or if their websites have function to even do this), so we cannot affect the chance of you getting one in first batch. We can't say 'exact' date as every company has their own internal process to put products live on site/in store.

USA: Amazon.com, Newegg.com, TigerDirect.com, Bestbuy.com, Frys.com, bandhphoto.com
Canada: Canadacomputers.com, Memoryexpress.com, NCIX.com and TigerDirect.ca

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...G-Swift-in-NA!&p=428694&viewfull=1#post428694

At least ASUS is talking about it finally. Jesus just getting them to say anything is like sucking blood from a stone with a penny on Mars :D

Seems to be of a similar opinion to the other reviews I've seen so far. One thing that stands out though is that review samples look to not have the uniformity issues end users have been reporting. QC simply may have not been that good on this first batch of shipments.

Is there any reports of problems with the first batch? I know mine was faulty but haven't really heard about other buyers having issues.

Seems to be of a similar opinion to the other reviews I've seen so far. One thing that stands out though is that review samples look to not have the uniformity issues end users have been reporting. QC simply may have not been that good on this first batch of shipments.

or review samples were cherry picked or the reviewers held back in reporting it as after all they get free expensive kit.

Where have you read this? I have been keeping my eye on this extensively and I have only seen two users with backlight issues and two users with some weird shit going off with blurry text. That's four users out of hundreds that have been shipped and tested.

Where have you read this? I have been keeping my eye on this extensively and I have only seen two users with backlight issues and two users with some weird shit going off with blurry text. That's four users out of hundreds that have been shipped and tested.
Some reviews like Tom's show the colour uniformity is as bad as the VG248QE, so worse than average for a TN panel. It could simply be an issue of the monitor needing to warm up and be burned in. But everyone really says there is nothing noticeable while gaming. The most prominent examples are those who are showing the monitor at full brightness, and nobody is going to be running the monitor like that. It is just one blemish in my opinion of an otherwise great monitor. At least there is no panel lottery :p, and it certainly isn't going to stop me from buying one.

Has anyone else heard if the inversion issue was limited only to some users or everyone. I want to know b/c I do not find that acceptable for a monitor of this price and I want to know if it is something that is not expected IE RMA material if I end up with it.

Some reviews like Tom's show the colour uniformity is as bad as the VG248QE, so worse than average for a TN panel. It could simply be an issue of the monitor needing to warm up and be burned in. But everyone really says there is nothing noticeable while gaming. The most prominent examples are those who are showing the monitor at full brightness, and nobody is going to be running the monitor like that. It is just one blemish in my opinion of an otherwise great monitor. At least there is no panel lottery :p, and it certainly isn't going to stop me from buying one.

Hmmm I just hope it does not turn out to be a shipwreck like the FG2421, been really looking forward to this. As a mater of fact Toms did report it being below average and TFT central measured the uniformity as being not so great at least by the measuring tools. To the naked eye they said it was imperceivable. I guess we will see :)

Shipping costs a fortune on that site. $60 for the cheapest ground service?? :eek:
Probably because of the shipping weight they have listed. The package should only weigh around 7-8kg according to other people... 34kg is the weight of a CRT FFS.

"Dear -----,

This item will be in stock later next week.

As it turns out, the shipping weight is correct for this item. UPS calculates the shipping costs based on the dimensional weight of the item. "

Um what? What the hell is dimensional weight? That makes no sense.

I think they calculate it differently depending on the carrier http://www.fedex.com/ae/tools/dimweight.html (I was just poking fun at USPS' practice) but the idea is that the package is super light for how large it is so it costs them "too much space" in their truck / plane and thus they charge you more even though its lightweight.

Last edited:
I think they calculate it differently depending on the carrier http://www.fedex.com/ae/tools/dimweight.html (I was just poking fun at USPS' practice) but the idea is that the package is super light for how large it is so it costs them "too much space" in their truck / plane and thus they charge you more even though its lightweight.
That makes sense, but it's still overpriced especially for ground. The last time I ordered a 27" with 2-day shipping I think it only cost about $30 around 1.5 years ago.

Apparently they ship it in a 100sft' box maybe that is also why it is taking so long to get to the us.

Apparently they ship it in a 100sft' box maybe that is also why it is taking so long to get to the us.
Nope. That would be against protocol. Instead. they strap it to a pallet.

(I don't actually know if they do that)

Well, my order says "Released for Distribution". I've ordered from them twice before, and that status is usually followed by Shipped the same day.

Shipping cost me $35 when I ordered. I guess that it's more if you're further away.

So.. I was able to call in and get a hold on the monitor today. I live in cali and I was able to buy the monitor today from Fry's they only had 2 in stock. Also got them to cut the 3 year store warranty they had by half from 150 to 75. This way I dont have to deal with shitty ASUS RMA if dead pixels show up after the 30 day period.

XjmK53t.jpg

I think the supply issues are deliberate, is a great way to keep the price high.

As producing a TN monitor no way has costs anywhere near 800usd, I bet is a fat margin on it.

I think the supply issues are deliberate, is a great way to keep the price high.

As producing a TN monitor no way has costs anywhere near 800usd, I bet is a fat margin on it.

Well based on the leaked price from Asus at $650 which is probably what the retailers are paying for them. I would say Asus is probably making at least a few hundred per monitor if not more.

Back