ASUS and Newegg Showcase Intel 9th Gen CPUs and Z390 Motherboards

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Newegg and ASUS have teamed up to showcase the new Intel 9th generation CPUs and Z390 motherboards. The spy shots of the ASUS ROG Dominus Extreme motherboard were awesome! There were quite a few ASUS boards shown during the livestream.

JJ from ASUS and JC from Newegg team up for a deep dive into Intel's latest 9th Gen CPUs and supporting Z390 chipset. They'll also provide a breakdown on the full range of ASUS Z390 motherboards, from PRIME to STRIX to ROG and beyond.

The only thing from this entire launch, from any company, that gets my attention is the return of the Gene boards from ASUS. I always had great luck with Gene boards when I was doing M-ATX stuff. Seeing it back has got me thinking about going for a M-ATX set up again. It has been years since I've gone that route. I want to go the Threadripper or Ryzen route when I do my next CPU upgrade, but if the Gene ends up being outstanding it might tempt me to look at 9th Gen Intel stuff.

Incoming incremental IPC "improvement" over the last Intel generation. Just like the ones before it...

Seriously, who gets excited for Intel releases any more?

Until they drop something really new or drop a node I won't jump for joy..

Feels stagnant

The new motherboards really offer almost nothing new. On chip Wireless AC support and on chip USB 3.1 Gen 2 .... instead of a dedicated motherboard chip?

I'll hang on to my Asus Hero V wifi for now. There is a slight chance I might get the new Black Ops 4 Asus Hero branded motherboard.

Any compelling reason to upgrade from my i7-4790K processor and Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H? Checking instruction set support...

CPU-Z_ 2018-10-09 14-50-57.png

Yup, my processor supports AVX.

Back