ASUS AMD X470 Motherboard Layout Leaks

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
All kinds of eyecandy is being leaked over at Hardware LUXX yesterday by emissary42. He has shared what looks like very credible information on the upcoming ASUS Strix X470-F Gaming, Prime X470-Pro, and TUF X470-Plus Gaming motherboards. These are all motherboards that will roll out with AMD's 2nd generation RYZEN processor. These are all AM4 sockets that should promote usability across all CPUs that share the socket. We are seeing supported RAM speeds up to 4200MHz.

I see extra m.2 slots on all three boards. Could it be that the X470 chipset has 4 extra lanes for that purpose?

About time they have a TUF line AMD ASUS board, more my flavor at least. Hoping to see some mITX boards as well.

any word on what features the 470 chipset will have over the 370? any reliable rumors on the new threadripper?

Quote "We are seeing supported RAM speeds up to 4200MHz."

Lets hope that the CPU can run memory at that speed !! We don't want a similar memory situation that we had with Ryzen 1.

Quote "We are seeing supported RAM speeds up to 4200MHz."

Lets hope that the CPU can run memory at that speed !! We don't want a similar memory situation that we had with Ryzen 1.

I'd be happy to get the 3200 my memory is rated for.

I see extra m.2 slots on all three boards. Could it be that the X470 chipset has 4 extra lanes for that purpose?

I want one of these boards with a U2 slot.

If not I have to move up to TR to find a board that has a U2 slot.

Nice to see competition come back. New processor releases are starting to catch my attention again.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
any word on what features the 470 chipset will have over the 370? any reliable rumors on the new threadripper?

From the motherboard spec sheets, it doesn't look like the 470 has any newer features than the 370. Still PCI-E 2.0 lanes.

Reactions: TMCM
like this
So will ASUS have the nerve to release AMD motherboards under their ROG branding, but not AMD graphics cards?

x470 impact would be neat.

seems like an odd place for the first 2 boards where the rgb header is.

wouldn't you want them near the edge like the TUF board?

on second look most of them have an RGB for cooler and one at the bottom for case or whatever.

Back