ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus $167 Amazon

Very tempting but I'm gonna see what the b550 boards have to offer

I put the wifi version of that in my niece's computer in August of 2019 and it has worked fine since then.

This board is good but has very few USB ports (six?) and no front panel thunderbolt 3 header. I had it and ended up putting a Crosshair VIII which was way pricier but necessary for me.

^Seven total USBs on the I/O is 'very few'? FFS...

I run a music studio from my machine so yes, that's very few.

EDIT: Perhaps my case is unique but once you factor in kb, mouse, dac, midi kb, mixer, usb headset, usb mic, drum machine, wireless phone charger, ilok that's 10 right there... Just saying

Last edited:
Might as well use a hub, there's only one root hub on the board anyway so its not like the extra ports get you extra bandwidth.

Might as well use a hub, there's only one root hub on the board anyway so its not like the extra ports get you extra bandwidth.

Normally I would but the added latency is noticeable in music production. Even the 12 foot cable I run from my midi kb directly to the motherboard has noticeable latency. It can be mitigated but is noticeable nonetheless. I guess I could be picky about what I put on there but for me it made more sense to just get a different board. I had another use for TUF board so it's not like I wasted money.

Normally I would but the added latency is noticeable in music production. Even the 12 foot cable I run from my midi kb directly to the motherboard has noticeable latency. It can be mitigated but is noticeable nonetheless. I guess I could be picky about what I put on there but for me it made more sense to just get a different board. I had another use for TUF board so it's not like I wasted money.
Using consumer level boards for professional use cases is a no win situation.

Using consumer level boards for professional use cases is a no win situation.

Meh, if it had more USB ports it would've been fine. I produce music for fun. I don't want to get into any debates here but I upgraded from an x79 Dark with a 4930k. It had 12 USB and really did just fine. That computer was built in 2014 but I realized I was ready to upgrade. And I don't want hubs or add-in cards just yet. This is [H] afterall. Jumped the gun on the board because it was a good deal back in August 2019 ($30 off or something. I paid $180) and later realized I should've gone full bore because I only upgrade my mobo and CPU every 5 years or so. I even injected nvme support into the x79 and ran a Inland Professional 1tb without issue. In the end though, I was ready for a completely new build. Got a nice bonus so why not?

All in all, the TUF is a great board and this price is good. It serves its purpose in my Secondary build and will remain there for years to come assuming it lasts.

This board is good but has very few USB ports (six?) and no front panel thunderbolt 3 header. I had it and ended up putting a Crosshair VIII which was way pricier but necessary for me.

I don't think that's a TB3 header. Just a USB-C header for USB 3.1 Gen2. I had a CH8, and I don't remember it being Thunderbolt anyway.

I love my x570 TUF wi-fi (and bluetooth). Great all around basic board missing just a few basic bells and whistles like a power switch/bios reset switch on the motherboard.

Back