ASUS AI Suite 3 specific to model or does it not matter?

SpongeBob

The Contraceptive Under the Sea
Long story short my Maximus Hero VI Z87 mobo does not have a 64bit Win10 version of the AI Suite 3. Looking at newer mobos such as a Z97 mobo the following is available. I'm not sure if it would work or if it's specific for the 9 series board. Has anyone tried running a different version on their system? I don't want the software to mess with my board.

Version 1.01.462016/08/16170.08 MBytes, AI_Suite_III_V1_01_46_For_9_Series.

Long story short my Maximus Hero VI Z87 mobo does not have a 64bit Win10 version of the AI Suite 3. Looking at newer mobos such as a Z97 mobo the following is available. I'm not sure if it would work or if it's specific for the 9 series board. Has anyone tried running a different version on their system? I don't want the software to mess with my board.

Version 1.01.462016/08/16170.08 MBytes, AI_Suite_III_V1_01_46_For_9_Series.

If you don't want the software to mess with your board then you don't install the software. The whole suite is designed to control the power and fan speed within Windows.

If you don't want the software to mess with your board then you don't install the software. The whole suite is designed to control the power and fan speed within Windows.

The software that's listed for 9 series motherboards working with my Z87. I don't want it to harm (mess with) my board because it isn't meant for it. I don't think it would but I rather see if someone else has tried it first.

I have a Rampage Iv extreme and installed another MB version AI Suite 3 and it works. Worst case scenario it doesn't work and you uninstall it.

So to verify, it does in fact work and actually is definitely worth the update I think. I just found some 9 series board on their website and downloaded AI Suite 3 for it. Does the same things but I'd say it's a visual improvement.

Back