Asus AC66U bad already?

Justintoxicated

[H]F Junkie
I got an ASUS RT-AC66U for my birthday in march. recently I hooked up my phone and tablet to it (both android) as well as a laptop.

I have been noticing the 2.4ghz band constantly dropping out (5 bars) to no signal to 1 bar to 5 bars. I have run scans and detected no other wireless devices overlapping channels. I can't figure out what the heck would cause this problem...

I have the 2.4ghz set to 11u 40mhz and the AC set to 161 80 mhz.

The AC signal is great and never seems to have a problem, but the 2.4ghz is constantly dropping? Rebooting the router resolves the problem for about a day and then it comes back again...

What should I do?

Are you running the latest firmware? Does the signal drop at certain times a day?

I'm not sure if it is happening at certain times of the day, but when I run the update it says it is still the latest firmware. I believe it drops at random times though and the pattern is very consistant, as soon as comes back up and a device connects all cellphones drop their connection immediately and it repeats constantly unless it is unplugged and plugged back in.

Now that I think about it, we were streaming a movie on the AC radio, I'll have to see if that is causing the second radio to fail.

I know this is weird but its getting hot out in some areas -- I've had issues in the past with all kinds of fans running and causing interference. Ceiling fans, stand up fans, etc.

I know this is weird but its getting hot out in some areas -- I've had issues in the past with all kinds of fans running and causing interference. Ceiling fans, stand up fans, etc.

Just happened again 9:25 pm now I'm going to keep track, I was not streaming over wireless AC this time when the N radio dropped in and out a few times then it stabilized without a reboot this time though.

Back