Asus A8R-MVP users... Last official BIOS removed... concerned

jpinard

Limp Gawd
The last official BIOS "402" was pulled off all (or most) of Asus's ftp and http sites. I have a deep concern about why Asus would pull it and leave users with an older BIOS. So I called Asus and I asked about them pulling down the BIOS... here's what he told me:

"Yes we pulled it", and "No I'm not telling you why - we don't tell end-users". I then said, "My concern is if you found it can cause hardware failures?", and his resposne was, "Even if I could tell you, we wouldn't... so is your system stable or what?".

So, has anyone here had any known or suspected physical damage to any component since using the 402 BIOS? Is it possible this BIOS was found to cause issues with the new ATI X1900 card? Anyone here have contacts at Asus to find out what the hell happened, so none of using the 402 for the past x months don't possibly destroy something vital? :confused:

Considering I was about to buy that exact board this week, I think I'll pass. I'm also concerned about Asus's customer support. If they were speaking to you like that, they don't deserve anyone's money!

Back