Asus A8N-VM CSM

Firelord

Limp Gawd
I have got one of these boards for an uncles PC and I have to say its the worst board I have used in a long time! Its got a long list of problems with the board and the BIOS updates don't seem to do much...

So far whats wrong is:

• Can't boot with anything other than 400MHz 8 bit NB link
  • Crap BIOS layout
  • Poor instructions
  • Poor accessory bundle

It's the worst implementation i've worked on so far. What do people think of it?

You should add a fan to the northbridge, and a heatsink to southbridge. This board can be overheated easily.

Need to keep the machine as quiet as possible as its for aunt/uncle so needs to be kept stock as well.

Its got an Opty 150 and as standard its pumping 1.46v through it not the 1.39/1.4v that I get from my Foxconn or biostar

when you updated the BIOS, did you reset to defaults?
The defaults set the HT to 800....

Asus A8N-VM CSM
The CSM = Corporate Stable Model. That will explain why every possible adjustments are missing. It has no OC, little Bios adjustment, poor sound, and poor documentation...

yeah, I got that board for my dad's PC. Very disappointed with the complete lack of adjustments. I will certainly do more homework next time I am looking for a work-PC mobo. I had planned to undervolt the CPU in order to keep it a tad cooler.... that never happend :(

CSM... it's for home office machines... For me it was a toss up between it and the Biostar Tforce 6100-939... I got the biostar.

basically the Asus A8N-VM CSM is a oem mobo. many companies use it, ie. HP, Gateway, etc. hence it lacks options. IMO, if your considering this mobo, your better off just buying a HP or Gateway since they use the exact same mobo and they are pretty cheap for a whole computer.

I use this board and I love it.
I dont overclock I just want a stable mATX board that will run the latest components and this thing just works.
Since the 0702 BIOS update I have had ZERO issues with it.
Im running AMD X2 4400 with a Geforce7800 and 2 gigs of ram and the machine runs like a champ.

clarknova said:
I use this board and I love it.
I dont overclock I just want a stable mATX board that will run the latest components and this thing just works.
Since the 0702 BIOS update I have had ZERO issues with it.
Im running AMD X2 4400 with a Geforce7800 and 2 gigs of ram and the machine runs like a champ.
Exactly what the board was built for.. I'm just building an A64 for home office apps and some older games... that's it.

It's also the only mATX board I know of that supports ECC memory...

I have reset the CMOS so many times with this motherboard its untrue. I can't get 1T, anything other than 8 bit xfer and 400 HTT.

What a disappointment. I hate Asus bios's as they suck compared to standard AWARD bios's.

Unfortunately it was the only board left that my supplier had and it was a priority ship

Back