ASUS A8N SLi Premium - OEM version Questions

Ub3rn00b

[H]ard|Gawd
I found the Asus A8N SLI premium oem version on newegg for nearly half the price of the retail version. Looks like a great deal. I don't plan to run SLI right away. My question is about what do I NEED that doesn't come with the OEM version of the motherboard? I've checked out the ASUS website and if I were to buy all the items that normally come with the motherboard, it would cost as much as purchasing the retail version of the board. Useless. I know that I do'nt need the gameport bracket or any of the other brackets. Maybe I'll need the SLI switch card or the SLI retention bracket? I dunno. Maybe I need to buy jumpers separate or the heatpipe? Just curious really. I've never bought an OEM motherboard before. I already have the drivers and the backplate so I'm good to go there. I'm only interested in getting this board to function. I'm not interested in doing anything fancy. Thanks...

OEM usually means all of the accessories are not included with the mobo. I think the only thing you might need to purchase is the SLI connector from Asus, assuming you might go SLI.Other than that, you can download the drivers and latest bios from their website and you should be good to go.

with newegg, it's hard to call with what accessories you're not getting. I bought a refurb video card from newegg and received MORE than what was in the normal package. By more, I mean that I got a FULL copy of PowerDVD 6....not some 2.1 only POS.

after you get it, post back here with what you got in the package...

it may not come with the SLI Bridge(i think thats what it is called) and you'll have to buy one if you ever want to run SLI. that board happens to come with a lot of accessories, most of which i didn't use, but it's still nice to have them if you need them.

I bought this exact board for a second machine a few weeks ago and it came with nothing but the board. No accessories, no i/o backplate. I didnt really care but I just wanted to let you know. You can purchase the accessories from asus website though if you need any of them.

Back