Asus A7N8X-X failures,anyone?

TechHead

2[H]4U
Okay, system in sig.I have had umpteen PSUs flake out on me, and I finally removed 1 HDD, and the problem has gone away. However, I've chanced upon 2 more users around here, nano_PC_solutions and machofairy who have had system components flake out using this motherboard. So I'd like to find out if any more users are having similar problems using an A7N8X-X. Please post here if so.

Oh, and I'd suggest a format for this :

1)Component affected.
2)PSU rating.
3)Other important components.

Read this too :
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1026262019#post1026262019

I'll post just for info.

1) Motherboard and Graphics card (Radeon 9700 pro) BOTH fried. :(
2) 300W (off brand - included with the TS1 from PCClub.com)
3) XP 2000+ (could be fried - can't test at the moment), Kingston 512MB PC3200 Value (Tested OK)

Now, my situation may be a result from the generic off brand power supply. So please take note.

Here's my experience:

Cheap new 400w PSU blew up. Then used a known-working 300w PSU - also blew up. Nothing else damaged

Used Maxtor 200gb HDD and Radeon 9800 pro (needs its own power source)

Since I replaced the last PSU with a SWEEX 400w unit, been running ok continuously for 8 hrs.

CPU fried: Athlon XP 2600 - it worked when I initially put it in with default FSB, so I changed it to 166 (333) and it never worked again. Local PC store verified the CPU was fried.

Using an Arrow 500W PSU that worked fine on my ECS MB

1 G of Crucial PC2700, BFG 5900XT OC, 2 HDD (one IBM, one WD both ATA100)

Bought a Barton 2500 and its been working fine for two days now...

I put the -X in my friends computer, its been a little bastard but it hasnt failed anything. just reports the processor temp as "really fucking hot" when it shouldnt be (after multiple heatsinks and reinstalls and it does sit flat) and it doesnt like mixing ram speeds (but i understand that), otherwise its been fine.

I've done 2 installs with this mobo, and never had a problem. Both boards were bought last fall.

Mine's running with a Super Flower 350W PSU, and all the goodies in my sig. No problems (other than heat) when I was running close to 2400MHz and 1.872V.

When did everyone buy their boards? Maybe the manufacturing/parts got shitty at one point?

Well, mine has been trouble free so far. I must say, though, I have noticed the heat. In a cool room, the cpu temp is around 48-49 idle. Goes over 50 when I play a game.

So, I'm going to replace the cheap fan that came with it today.

Hope it will help.

Back