Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe or Abit NF7-S?? Help??

SingleT

Limp Gawd
I'm planning on buying either a 2500+ Desktop or Mobile, that is yet to be decided. Can anyone confirm rumors on the new 2500+ Desktops running at much lower voltages?

Anyway, I'm in a dilemma. A7N8X-E or NF7-S? I've read great things on both, but have seen benchmarks where the A7N8X-E Deluxe is better with stock performance. But is this the same after overclocking? I am going to be overclocking to 200+ FSB -- another thing to keep in mind. From what I've researched, the features are the same on both boards, but please, correct me if I am wrong.

So.. from experience, research, whatever, give me feedback on both, and your opinion.

Thanks!

Glad to be part of the [H]ard Community!

Both boards should do 200MHz on the FSB since the NF7-S v 2.0 and the A7N8X-E are both based on the nForce 2 Ultra 400 chipset, which officially supports 266/333/400MHz FSB's.
You'll probably find the NF7 to have better voltage options than the A7N8X-E, so that would be a little better choice for overclocking. Now, the A7N8X-E is a great board, but I dunno if it's the board to pick if your super serious about heavy overclocking. If you want something like a 250MHz FSB, I'd wager the NF7 to be the better pick. If it's not that extreme, either one should do just fine.

I'm loving my Nf7s v2.0 and I certainly recommend it - I've put in three other systems for family/friends and I've had zero problems. I've also noticed the bios has great options for adjusting everything.

dont get the A7N8X-E, i myself plus alot of other people are having many problems and most of them are defects ive heard people RMA 3-5 times and they still have the same problem so now im going with A7N From ABIT

I have had no problems with my A7N8XE-Deluxe. I havnt tried NF7-S, so I cant really compare, but my Asus has been running flawlessly.

NF7-S v2.0....(never had a A7N8X-E though), but i have 3 NF7-S :D

go with the mobile...2500+ or 2600+... :)

A7N8X-E isn't a bad mobo but NF7-S is better for o/c.
Current desktop XP2500+ should o/c well as mobile XP2500+ cos AMD desktop XP2500+ model was upgraded recently to A from 10. (mobile XP is also model A) KQYHA steppin is good for desktop.

Chaballaman said:
A7N8X-E isn't a bad mobo but NF7-S is better for o/c.
Current desktop XP2500+ should o/c well as mobile XP2500+ cos AMD desktop XP2500+ model was upgraded recently to A from 10. (mobile XP is also model A) KQYHA steppin is good for desktop.

ditto, my A7N8X Deluxe is nice, but i'm sure the Abit o/cs much better

I've never used the asus board, but i LOVE my NF7-S and previous abit boards. Another vote for the abit.

Back