Asus 7950 is $245 AR, and Gigabyte 7950 is $199 AR (Newegg)

lol... he meant the Gigabyte probably. Typo.

I like the windforce cards for mining, not very loud at full load.

There are only two 7950 models that have voltage control;
One is a Sapphire
One is a MSI Twin Frozr 3.

I would not consider the Asus 7950 to be "the best". It does not have voltage control and It comes with nightmare customer service. But, if you get a card that's not defective and doesn't go bad, then sure, it has a good heatsink.

here's a very useful comparison guide for different 7950 models:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1394623/belials-comprehensive-guide-to-7950s#

That's what I figured. Should've bought the Sapphire while V.Me was still around. Maybe there'll be another code before the rebate expires on the 15th.

Gigabyte's coolers are fine, and competitive with ASUS

At those prices I would get the Gigabyte

There are only two 7950 models that have voltage control;
One is a Sapphire
One is a MSI Twin Frozr 3.

I know for a fact that both the powercolor and the HIS cards that I was mining with but sold recently could be undervolted on the core via afterburner(verified with GPU-Z)... so there are more cards that have voltage control.

I know for a fact that both the powercolor and the HIS cards that I was mining with but sold recently could be undervolted on the core via afterburner(verified with GPU-Z)... so there are more cards that have voltage control.

only two cards currently have voltage control, and it's a crapshoot on the MSI TF3, because they send out two different versions.
Many had it previous to spring 2013. Did you purchase your HIS & powercolor cards since spring?

Either card would be a great choice. I'd probably go with the GBT to save the fifty bucks.

What is v.me?

It is a secure payment system that stores your credit card information. What he is talking about is that Newegg had a code for 10% off if you used the v.me service.

I am pretty tempted to get another 7950 but I think I might end up waiting to see if anything goes crazy low again since I am not in a big rush.

The HIS IceQx2 was $240 briefly on Amazon about 4 weeks ago now. Still waiting for mine to ship, but going to wait it out since it has one of, if not the best, cooler on a 7950.

the assus is typical stock 800 core card with high assus price tag and no service in USA...at least you will find out if you ever have to mess with them.

no more v.me so the high price ones are overpriced...wait 4 weeks and find out if the new ones are better or just new ones.

What's the point of buying a video card right now? Are they going to jack up the prices on Black Friday?

What's the point of buying a video card right now? Are they going to jack up the prices on Black Friday?

At some point stock of 7950s will disappear and prices will shoot back up. Can't say when that'll be but it could be soon.

only two cards currently have voltage control, and it's a crapshoot on the MSI TF3, because they send out two different versions.
Many had it previous to spring 2013. Did you purchase your HIS & powercolor cards since spring?

Late March to Mid April is when my 8 cards were purchased..

I confess I'm saving up for an Nvidia 770 or better to replace my ATI 7870 so I can then justify buying an Nvidia Shield. haha.

These seem like excellent prices. Free games as well.

If I could sell my 7870 Myst I would definitely upgrade at these prices.

Back