Asus 680 TOP arrives tomorrow - Wipe the PC?

Rurki

Limp Gawd
My new Asus 680 TOP arrives tomorrow.

Should I wipe the O/S and install a fresh copy of Windows 7?

I'm currently running the 6950s is crossfire.

Unnecessary, just uninstall the ATI drivers, restart, run Driver Sweeper, shutdown, remove ATI cards, install 680, and install nvidia drivers. Done.

Unnecessary, just uninstall the ATI drivers, restart, run Driver Sweeper, shutdown, remove ATI cards, install 680, and install nvidia drivers. Done.

One could also install the nVidia drivers now, that way it will recognize the card, then uninstall the ATI/AMD drivers once the card arrives (driver sweeper as well.)

I got a 680 TOP as well and I came for 7950 xfire. I uninstall amd drivers, look in the C drive for folders with amd or ati and I deleted those as well after I uninstalled the drivers. This is just where the files get extracted to but they never actually get deleted when you uninstall for some reason. I then run CCleaner in safe mode and check for registry errors with some sort of AMD association and remove those. Then reboot and once your are finally ready to uninstall go to device manager and located the graphics adapter and right click uninstall. Whether all this is necessary or not I dont know but it has worked so far...knock on wood.

Back