Asus 5770 Cucore series

skruideli

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

My Asus 4850 died recently and I sent it back to Asus for an RMA a while back. Today I got an email offering a 5770 Cucore series in exchange. I looked around google for any reviews for the card but could find none.

Does anyone here know how this card compares to the reference design or have any personal experiences using it?

thanks

link to the Asus product page: http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=2w7a61DvEv90cXss

Last edited:
Take it. It is a ballin' card, a decent step above your 4850. It's not upgrade-worthy by itself from a 4850 (only a 5850 or 5870 really is), but it is about as good as a 4870. The voltage tweak and custom PCB should allow for excellent overclocking headroom.

The cooler is up in the air. Asus's other custom 5750 Formula cooler (racecar-theme) was terrible. The pictures of the cooler look decent enough.

FWIW the CuCore is supposed to be ASUS's premium version of the 5770.

Thanks guys, was thinking something along the lines but wanted to be sure.

The only thing that worried me a bit was the cooler, considering the whole 5750 Formula thing, but I guess it can't be worse than the 4850 reference cooler.

thanks again.

The v2 hsf is much cooler, i had a cucore and memory clocked really bad and the cooling wasn't great when overclocking - talking mid to high 80's @ 950 core.

It didn't have 2 x crossfire ports either so is a custom design, swapped mine for an xfx and picked up a 2nd and am much happier.

Back