Asus 3080 using the good capacitors or not?

I've read a couple of articles suggesting that Asus used 6 of the MLCC capacitors to snag the highest performance of the 3080 line. But then I saw this - and the image looks more like POSCAPS than MLCC... Am I not seeing this correctly?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-A...igher-than-the-Founders-Edition.494790.0.html
The marketing shots are wrong on the Asus cards. The TUF and STRIX are using mlcc's for the retail cards. More proof of Nvidia rushing the manufacturers to market. Look at the wrong posted CUDA cores, Nvidia didn't even tell them they were rewriting the way they count them.

They changed them for production apparently. Preproduction was the 6x sp-caps. But don’t only focus on the capacitors. Crashes are being reported on all card variants regardless of the capacitors arrangement.

Yea I believe those were early production pictures. All reviews I seems on asus 3080 had the 6 mlcc caps on them. It is funny cause the tuf cards are on the cheaper side of the 3080s.

Guys, quit freaking out. A lot of the marketing material on these products is shot well ahead of release. Those images are used for advertising purposes and widely distributed. The final hardware design and specifications are still in flux much closer to the release date than you'd think. Sometimes reviewers don't get product that's exactly the same as the retail versions. That's only about 7-10 days out from release in most cases.

Yea I believe those were early production pictures. All reviews I seems on asus 3080 had the 6 mlcc caps on them. It is funny cause the tuf cards are on the cheaper side of the 3080s.

You mean 60 mlcc caps, or 6 clusters of 10.

FWIW my ASUS 3090 TUF has all MLCC caps for those still in doubt for some reason.

MY ASUS TUF RTX 3080 has ,well I have no clue what caps it has because it does not fucking matter ,it works is all I can say.

Back