Asus 25.5" 2ms GTG monitor $379.99 shipped

It figures, i just bought the 24" version of the monitor last week. I would have splurged for the extra 100 bucks.

Some times I just wish the [H]ot Deals forum was empty. It would save me so much money. Thanks op.

can someone explain what TN stands for? and anyone got this 28? planning to get the asus unless something better comes along.

TN means Twisted nematic, or in layman's words "crappy LCD monitor"... It is a good panel for games most of the time but viewing angles are despicable. I see all the time people showing stuff on their screen to others standing behind them and those others can see what they are pointing at. Also they aren't true color monitors but use fancy dithering to ineffectively trick the brain.

Again though the only good thing about TN panels is their performance with fast action gaming because of the fast response times.. That is all they are good for when compared to IPS and PVA panels..

They also have the LG W2600H-PF Black 25.5" 5ms for $359

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005114
Open box version of the same monitor for $299!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005114R

Again though the only good thing about TN panels is their performance with fast action gaming because of the fast response times.. That is all they are good for when compared to IPS and PVA panels..
That and not everyone has $600-800 to spend on a 22-24" monitor...
If you are not a professional graphic designer/ video or image editor I would find it hard to pay such a huge premium.

damn hot deal
Not really. Especially when you consider their 24" monitor with native 1080p is $110 less

Well...I only listen to the highest quality gothic industrial. Suck it.

Also since the average human eye is not that sensitive. It's nearly impossible to distinguish the difference in the color response of an IPS or PVA panels as compared to the "cheap" TN panels. In short, you're an elitist toolshed who enjoys overpaying for monitors. Because that's all IPS and PVA models are for.

"Look at me internet! My $800 monitor is sooooooo cool. No I've never been laid but look at this monitor!

...In short, you're an elitist toolshed who enjoys overpaying for monitors. Because that's all IPS and PVA models are for.

"Look at me internet! My $800 monitor is sooooooo cool. No I've never been laid but look at this monitor!

Someone needs their coffee.

Also since the average human eye is not that sensitive. It's nearly impossible to distinguish the difference in the color response of an IPS or PVA panels as compared to the "cheap" TN panels. In short, you're an elitist toolshed who enjoys overpaying for monitors. Because that's all IPS and PVA models are for.
Don't forget to add: Or someone who enjoys having good viewing angles.

Don't forget to add: Or someone who enjoys having good viewing angles.
Do you often sit more than 170* to one side of your monitor? TV? Sure. But last I checked most people aren't playing their games or organizing their spreadsheet collection while lounging on the floor.

Keep in mind this ASUS is a TN panel so the colors/gamma aren't up to par with S-PVA and IPS panels. But yes, the input lag will be closest to CRTs...although many new PVA/MVA/IPS panels are approaching TNs in terms of lag.

Not really. Especially when you consider their 24" monitor with native 1080p is $110 less

Well...I only listen to the highest quality gothic industrial. Suck it.

Boy are you mistaken. Have a go and read this: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/panel_technologies.htm

Maybe you'll learn something...

I have had my eye on this monitor for awhile, I hope this deal is still around come next week (payday). THANKS OP!!

Back