Asus 24" IPS-Panel and LED for $179.99 after rebate

PedroDaGr8

Limp Gawd
Walmart has the Asus ML249H LCD for $199.99 with free ship to store. Not the nicest looking monitor in the world but it does have an IPS panel and is 24" for under $200.

It has an
16x9 aspect ratio
1920x1080 resolution
HDMI port
VGA port
Headphone Port
LED backlight.
Item Link

Rebate Link

IPS-panel-monitors.jpg

Nvr mind. I read it again. Still, it's way too cheap to be IPS.

Walmart description clearly says IPS. My apologies if the walmart description is wrong.

Edit: you edited your post while I was replying. It seems like a heck of a deal to me too, almost too good.

I also have found the 23" IPS ML239H for $162.99 using the same rebate form.

Hmm, well newegg confirms the ML239H is IPS. Odd not sure what to think. Good chance I guess that walmart is wrong. Sorry if it ends up this isn't an IPS panel. I was just trying to post what I thought was a good deal.

Asus website also confirms that it is MVA. Oh well I suck.

In apology here is the 23" Asus IPS panel ML239H that I mentioned for $162.99 after rebate (same one) plus free shipping.
Link

Maybe a mod can restructure my first post to put this in the title instead.

MVA panels are good, too, though. Anything's better than TN.

Yeah, I have a tough time choosing between between MVA and IPS. Really depends on what the monitor will be used for. Even TN panels have their uses, though I can't approve of their use in any setting out of principal.

MVA panels are good, too, though. Anything's better than TN.
Not sure how well the different manufacturers implement MVA, but I take it you haven't read any discussions or reviews on the ML249H.

I just did and was a little surprised at how mediocre it supposedly is, the picky may consider it worse than mediocre.

Hard to complain though when you consider the whole package of price, size, etc etc.

Back