Supreme [H]ardness
Just purchased this netbook with the following specs:

atom N450 @ 1.66 ghz
intel 3150 integrated graphics w/ 384mb shared memory
1 gb ddr2
250 gb HDD
1024x600 native res
windows 7 starter

playback of movies in iTunes, both rentals and digital copies so far, is abysmal. Out of sync audio is the least annoying issue, the total audio dropouts, stuttering and long periods of freezing up entirely are the worst.

I'm planning to up the memory to 2gb anyway. Will this fix the problems I've described?

I've dicked with the power settings and tried turning down the sound quality, but the problem remains.

Last edited:
You might be able to put in a broadcom card that might help with the video playback.

What performance mode do you have it set at? Talking about the Super Hybrid thingy.

What performance mode do you have it set at? Talking about the Super Hybrid thingy.

That got it, thanks! I had a feeling that the problem could've been power related but this being my first ever laptop, I wasn't for sure.

I set the super hybrid to "super performance" and now it's doing great. I even tried setting a high perf profile in the regular power settings, but I was missing the super hybrid modes.

Thanks again!

no prob, When it is set on super performance it ocs the n450 chip.
Does your 1005peb have bluetooth?

Itunes is part of the problem but not all of it, the atom is a dog of a processor and so is that intel igp. If the video were in avi or such you could likely get away with using VLC, I do for dvd rips and it works fine.

Back