asus 1000he

Lord Sarg

Limp Gawd
hello, i just got my asus 1000he and i love it but for some reason after using it for a for a little bit the touch pad will stop working. the cursor wont move at all and the only way i can get it to start working is to go into sleep mode and then come back out of it and it will start working again. has anyone had or heard of this prob? also i have had 1 bsod. :( any help? thanks.

Last edited:
I think they are having qc problems with some of the components like hdd/touch/wifi, if something is not working right just rma it asap. I was about to pick one up too, but little issues like these are making me wait. I have seen complaints about the trackpad on the egg, supposedly the buttons are nice but the sensitivity is unreliable and way out of whack. it really shows where they cut corners and how they are cramming so much into this little package.

looks like they are having probs with quality control on the lithium batteries too, watch your charge and capacity after you use it for a while. people are saying that the capacity is dropping off in huge amounts over a small amount of time, so after a few months of frequent use you could be down to like 85% max charge.

I also saw other comments that said the 802.11n doesn't even do 5ghz? so no channel bonding and even the 2.4 freq is probably going to be slow. which also sucks since I was planning on upgrading to a dir-825 router along with this too.

AND they are advertising this thing with n280 @ 667mhz fsb, but someone said that mem actually runs at 533, can you confirm this?

I think I might wait till they flesh out the 1002hx series with the aluminum cases. right now the 1002ha is out, but it's basically a slower 1000he with a 2cell battery at $430.

if you can return yours look for a 1000h model with an 80gb hdd. this seems to be the solid model. i've been problem-free since day 1 and i've heard similar from other owners.

also have you tried reinstalling the drivers for the touchpad? or using a different OS. Windows 7 runs great.

my FSB is running at 570Mhz and I have Crucial mem rated at 667 in it.

I am thinking about puttin Win7 on it to see how it works. XP runs great, but that Win7 is begging me to try it.

I've got one and the touchpad and everything seems to work fine. Gets really hot when you try to play Q3 demo though. :eek:

Fun little thing, does Visual Studio for me and lets me work on code while I'm mobile. Smaller than most of my textbooks. Just a bit eye-straino.

But yeah, if anything is wrong with it, RMA the thing. :eek:

Using mine now. I'm 800 miles from home sitting on a beach :D It works great. I'm running Win 7, and after tweaking the touchpad to my liking, it runs many times better than the XP that came on it.

Using mine now. I'm 800 miles from home sitting on a beach :D It works great. I'm running Win 7, and after tweaking the touchpad to my liking, it runs many times better than the XP that came on it.

your on vacation, on the beach, and your playing with a laptop? rly?

im on my 1kHE in class right now, love it, everything works great im dual booting xp and ubuntu 9.04, love the little thing it does everything i need it to as a classroom note taking machine!

im on my 1kHE in class right now, love it, everything works great im dual booting xp and ubuntu 9.04, love the little thing it does everything i need it to as a classroom note taking machine!

Haha, me too. Right now.

I do get the frozen trackpad issue every once in a while, and hadn't thought about putting it to sleep. I usually just did a hard reboot.

I'll use it like hell before the warranty runs out, maybe sending it in if I get the trackpad freeze problem again. If nothing goes wrong, I'm confident I got my $400s worth.

Back