Astronauts are Inspecting the ISS's Air Leak Right Now

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
The ISS suffered from an air leak earlier this year, and authorities later discovered that the leak was likely "man made." Fortunately, astronauts managed to patch the leak from the inside fairly quickly, but the actual inspection of the leak was delayed by the failure of a manned launch to the ISS. The crew are just now getting around to looking at the leak, and NASA is streaming the whole spacewalk live on their channel right now. Thanks to SpaceFlightNow for spotting the stream.

Check out the stream here.

Russian cosmonauts Oleg Kononenko and Sergey Prokopyev headed outside the International Space Station on Tuesday to cut away thermal and orbital debris shielding from a Russian Soyuz spacecraft and inspect the ship's hull, where the station crew repaired a minor air leak in August... The inspection planned on Tuesday's spacewalk will include photo documentation of the site, and the collection of samples from any epoxy sealant that may be seeped through the hole to the outside of the Soyuz MS-09 spacecraft, before the capsule undocks Dec. 19 with Prokopyev, outgoing station commander Alexander Gerst, and NASA astronaut Serena Aunon-Chancellor.

Last edited:
I hope the USA and China can fix all the air bubbles swirling in space. I have always wondered why there are so many and where they are coming from.

I can just see the flat earth brigade losing their shit everytime the earth comes into frame and shockingly..its spherical.

Im disappointed they didn't have a whole bit where one astronaut is outside with a tire iron while being pestered by another astronaut follows behind

"Im calling AAA"
"Honey stay in the ISS I GOT THIS"
"Are you sure? They say they can be here in 6 hours"
"GODDAMIT I SAID I GOT THIS"

Ugh.. all that debris they are letting float off.. space debris, like we need more of that.

The way this guy handles a knife makes me more uneasy than the fact they are in space.

lol it's being inspected by the Russians - not the American astronauts.

Back