cageymaru

Fully [H]
Assetto Corsa Competizione has been released onto Steam in a truly Early Access manner as the game features a single car and track to compete on. Basic multiplayer won't be included until the scheduled update on November 14th of 2018. Also there is no mention of when the Nvidia RTX features will be added to the game. The introductory price of $24.99 is 44% off the full retail game price. The developer Kunos Simulazioni has released a road map for the racing title and it seems that they estimate a full game release in the 1Q-2019. I own the first Assetto Corsa game and it was a top notch racing game and simulator, but this schedule for Early Access milestones is quite interesting.

Assetto Corsa Competizione features an extraordinary level of simulation quality, that allows players to experience the unique atmosphere of this GT3 Series. Players can compete against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits with the highest level of accuracy and attention to detail. Join us NOW to make a HUGE 44% saving, for a limited time only! Not only will you get our first release, but you'll get all updates, including our full 1.0 launch at no extra cost! WHAT'S MORE - You'll also get the 2019 season later down the line as a FREE update!
The earlier you buy, the more you save!

Back in my day, limited games with limited options were called "Demos" and they were FREE

GET OFF MY LAWN HIPPY AND GET A JOB!

Armenius The DD1 will support PC and XBOX 1 and costs $999 for the base, for console you'd need to buy a Fanatec rim and CSL or Clubsport pedals so you'd be about $1600 at a minimum. There's a PS4 compatible DD coming but it's not announced yet and will be bundled with an officially licensed F1 rim, I'd imagine $1500ish for it + pedals if you need them for console.

They also have the DD2 which is $1500 for just the base but is supposedly a competitor for the Bodnar sim steering. Personally I'm a PC racer only so I'd still go the OSW route with separate pedals.

As for AC:C, very early access, AI is terrible, FFB sucks, No VR or native Triple support yet, bugs like headlights not working at night, only Lambo and Nurburgring GP. It's a pretty terrible experience right now. Looks decent, has that overly filtered look to it and so far the menu's and everything seem like they're being dumbed down for the console port. Still at $25 and knowing you'll get the whole game, going off how good the original was, and me being the only person in America who follows the Blancpain series religiously, worth the money.

ACC is incredible, in case anyone is interested! My opinion of course, but I love it. So much realism and overall a step up from AC1 graphically. I'm only a casual racer, but I like sims more than "games", so take my opinion with a grain of salt but overall I feel completely immersed and can't help but smile when I launch out of the gate in one of these races. Cheers.

Back in my day, limited games with limited options were called "Demos" and they were FREE

GET OFF MY LAWN HIPPY AND GET A JOB!
But how much better is it, to not pay a bunch of testers, but have the gamers pay you for the privilege of doing that work?

Armenius The DD1 will support PC and XBOX 1 and costs $999 for the base, for console you'd need to buy a Fanatec rim and CSL or Clubsport pedals so you'd be about $1600 at a minimum. There's a PS4 compatible DD coming but it's not announced yet and will be bundled with an officially licensed F1 rim, I'd imagine $1500ish for it + pedals if you need them for console.

They also have the DD2 which is $1500 for just the base but is supposedly a competitor for the Bodnar sim steering. Personally I'm a PC racer only so I'd still go the OSW route with separate pedals.

From what I have read, the advantage of using Fanatec's DD system over, lets say, AccuForce's Pro V2, is simplicity of setup. Where with Fanatec's products you can be up and racing within a hour of installing the hardware, where with AccuForce there is endless amounts of tweaking for each game.
I don't know any of this for a fact, this is just what I have read.

What pedals are you using? My friend is selling his Clubsport V3's, but I really like the idea of a pneumatic RealGear system..

I'm on HE Pro's, switched from V3's. My next set will be HPP Hydraulics's.

The accuforce is a bit over rated IMO, my teammate has one, its not true direct drive, its software is overly complicated and his has broken several times, although they've always shipped him parts to fix it quick. It fills a roll between the high end simulation stuff and high end game controllers, but as a result doesn't really do much better than a Fanatec CSW V2.5 and doesn't really match up to an OSW and will fall well behind the new fanatec stuff I anticipate.

The fanatec DD system will be the de-facto standard for direct drive now, and I bet they're great but if I went that route I'd assemble my own OSW around a Mige motor and use a custom rim from Sam Maxwell or Levente Zari. The cost for a full OSW setup is around 1300 not counting rim, and custom rim's can run 1600, but I can dream right? :D

Back