Asset management software

Eiolon

Gawd
Looking for something that I can put barcodes on all our equipment and have it in a database. Then when a tech arrives, they can take a picture of the barcode with their smartphone (iOS and Android both) and bring up the asset details. Then they can edit asset details directly on their phone such as what they did to it, etc. This way there is no paperwork and can close the case out right there and then.

Thanks!

We can't exceed $10,000, though cheaper is always nicer.

EDIT: I suspect such software would be licensed based. We have 3 technicians that would be accessing it.

You could write your own pretty easliy, but if you are looking to scale I would recommend Oracle EAM

We are currently using an in-house database I made myself many years ago for inventory and repair history. Just looking to give the techs the tools to make their job easier. I have no knowledge of iOS and Android programming to scan barcodes.

If you have a Tier-1 hardware vendor that you use (Dell, HP, etc.), then contact your sales/company rep and ask them about any products/services that they sell or can recommend in this spectrum and within your scope.

Yeah, I know I could contact our sales reps. They want to make money though, regardless if the product is crap. I was looking to see if anyone had input on a product they may be using and could recommend anything.

I use Oracle EAM. It's a beast and could be overkill. Support is crap too.
Oracle bought it from someone who bought it from someone and I'm convinced that no one knows how anything was put together.
We use it for everything though, from tracking inventory to infrastructure and work orders.

Redbeam is a pretty cheap asset management tool, we've used it for years before going to Microsoft's System Center Service Manager with Provance's IT Asset Management tools

Back