Assassin's Creed Valhalla

There's enough to upgrade what you want, because you won't be upgrading stuff that you don't care about.
Also new gear is so few and far between you'll have way more resources than you'll ever need most likely. Not a very satisfying loot system to be honest. 25% of the game completed and I'm still using the starting gear set and only a couple of worthwhile new weapons.

Last edited:
Also new gear is so few and far between you'll have way more resources than you'll ever need most likely. Not a very satisfying loot system to be honest. 25% of the game completed and I'm still using the starting gear set and only a couple of worthwhile new weapons.
Agree with that, they could improve the loot system

I like the approach.

The game encourages you to try different combinations. Don't stick to one gear set or weapon set. That's why it's designed the way it is: anything you pick up has value. I've got the dual heavy weapon perk (dual spears is awesome!) and I often switch back to sword and board or dual axes for speed.

I don't know why people would want an inventory management simulator.

I like the approach.

The game encourages you to try different combinations. Don't stick to one gear set or weapon set. That's why it's designed the way it is: anything you pick up has value. I've got the dual heavy weapon perk (dual spears is awesome!) and I often switch back to sword and board or dual axes for speed.

I don't know why people would want an inventory management simulator.
They should find a balance. Odyssey had too much loot to the point of it becoming a burden, now I'm 42% completed the game and only found three weapons worth using so far. And no armor, so I'm using the starter berserker set that I got at the very start of the game, and the bow that I also picked up at the beginning of the game. Which is not even elite or rare, just a regular bow.

It is not satisfying at all. At the least there should be armor and weapon drops from elite and boss enemies. No loot also makes exploration worthless.
And the fact that you have to upgrade weapons speaks against switching things up, I didn't collect enough resources to fully upgrade every weapon I found, I haven't even fully upgraded the primary set I use.
And looting gold dots on the map is just grind if you never find actual loot, only resources. So IMO The game actually discourages you from switching things up, it encourages sticking to one set of weapons and armor and keep spending all resources on that.

The game is long enough already without grinding for resources, I fear I might not be able to finish it before CP2077 drops.

They should find a balance. Odyssey had too much loot to the point of it becoming a burden, now I'm 42% completed the game and only found three weapons worth using so far. And no armor, so I'm using the starter berserker set that I got at the very start of the game, and the bow that I also picked up at the beginning of the game. Which is not even elite or rare, just a regular bow.

It is not satisfying at all. At the least there should be armor and weapon drops from elite and boss enemies. No loot also makes exploration worthless.
And the fact that you have to upgrade weapons speaks against switching things up, I didn't collect enough resources to fully upgrade every weapon I found, I haven't even fully upgraded the primary set I use.
And looting gold dots on the map is just grind if you never find actual loot, only resources. So IMO The game actually discourages you from switching things up, it encourages sticking to one set of weapons and armor and keep spending all resources on that.

The game is long enough already without grinding for resources, I fear I might not be able to finish it before CP2077 drops.
There are armor drops, you have to get the loot from the treasure areas. Some are held as drops, some are in crates. Each major area has a different armor set that you get through loot.

There are armor drops, you have to get the loot from the treasure areas. Some are held as drops, some are in crates. Each major area has a different armor set that you get through loot.
I said from enemies, looting all gold dots on the map in the hopes of one being a piece of armor is just not my idea of fun. It is grind. Sure if I happen to stumble on it during raids or regular gameplay I pick it up, but so far that only yielded a few odd bits and pieces. Mostly helmets and shields.

Decided to push on. I think what really pissed me off and annoyed me initially was the Assgard stuff. About 30% done so far. Have a bugged quest in Oxenefordscire and can't complete that arc until Ubisoft fixes it. Picked up a few things from my cartographer that failed to show in my inventory for some reason. Another thing they need to do is have raids reset or something. All in all it's not a bad game but Origins remains my favorite out of this iteration - if this story turns out better it will pull ahead of Odyssey (that story was garbage).
You can upgrade anything to legendary/flawless/mythical. No sense grinding for anything... It's dumb, but getting fish and selling it for silver and buying mats is the best option.

You can upgrade anything to legendary/flawless/mythical. No sense grinding for anything... It's dumb, but getting fish and selling it for silver and buying mats is the best option.
"getting fish and selling it for silver" is grind too. Esepcially since fishing is awful. The game forced me to fish in one quest and I was pulling my hair out.

What I'd prefer is to do away with the entire upgrade system. It is completely pointless. Just have proper varied loot drops from boss enemies with little to zero scaling. That would encourage you to switch weapons and armor often. And would eliminate the whole grind factor, except for settlement upgrades.

When is the next patch going to drop and are they going to fix any of these issues you guys mentioned? Every issue you have posted here I have had issue with and the game has NO "FUN" feeling.
I went back and tried WoW on the free weekend and it was boring after an hour. I have the same grind feeling as that and am ready to uninstall Valhalla. It's just my opinion but I really am pissed I spent money on a game that feels "half baked". My choice was between Valhalla or Cyberpunk 2077. So far I feel "You chose poorly." fits here. :mad:

When is the next patch going to drop and are they going to fix any of these issues you guys mentioned? Every issue you have posted here I have had issue with and the game has NO "FUN" feeling.
I went back and tried WoW on the free weekend and it was boring after an hour. I have the same grind feeling as that and am ready to uninstall Valhalla. It's just my opinion but I really am pissed I spent money on a game that feels "half baked". My choice was between Valhalla or Cyberpunk 2077. So far I feel "You chose poorly." fits here. :mad:
You asked the wrong question. It was never Valhalla or CP2077, the question you should've asked is: do I need Valhalla to hold me over until CP2077.
I don't know where you are at in the game, but it gets better if you get through the first segment. After you settle in england and start the various arcs there it gets much better. There are only two things remain that bother me, the awful enemy (and friendly) AI, and the lack of loot. Otherwise it is as good as Odyssey now.

Playing on PS5. My only gripe about the game...unless I'm missing it...is that the game doesnt track side quests? For example I found a guy in the woods who said I should bring him a dead beast...Ok, but thats it. In the quest tab theres no continuation of it or any of the others for that matter. Am I missing something?

Playing on PS5. My only gripe about the game...unless I'm missing it...is that the game doesnt track side quests? For example I found a guy in the woods who said I should bring him a dead beast...Ok, but thats it. In the quest tab theres no continuation of it or any of the others for that matter. Am I missing something?

Yeah that's a problem I noticed from the outset. I've become lost on more than a few occasions because of that.

Often times you'll need to use odin sight and / or raven to locate quest progression of side quests. There is also a quest details setting in the options but I don't know what effect that has on gameplay and quest tracking.

You asked the wrong question. It was never Valhalla or CP2077, the question you should've asked is: do I need Valhalla to hold me over until CP2077.
I don't know where you are at in the game, but it gets better if you get through the first segment. After you settle in england and start the various arcs there it gets much better. There are only two things remain that bother me, the awful enemy (and friendly) AI, and the lack of loot. Otherwise it is as good as Odyssey now.
Valhalla is the game to play all 2021. CP 2077 is a pass.

Wasn't a question at all. Made it very clear in my post. It was one or the other. Now there is a list of crap wrong with this game from everyone on here that verifies my bad purchase. From side quests not being tracked, enemies not being auto marked by raven, to bad AI just being bad, to treasures and raid areas being beamed to the sky. So woke are we, they put FEMALE SAXON SOLDIERS in it? That happened in "historically accurate portrayal" like it says at the start of the game. NOT. This game is far from polished compared to past AC games. Loved Origins and ancient Egypt. Same with Odyssey. I have settled in England, completed my camp with building the forge, the stables, blah blah blah boring. Still clunky trying to to that. Hey, it's not AC to me at all. Sorry not sorry my opinion is my own.

Now my question still stands. When is the next patch to fix all these problems, which by the forums have been reported, coming out? Before Christmas hopefully.

Anyone else been running into this C++ Runtime error coming and/or going out of the game?

No, likely an issue with something else you have installed and denuvo maybe.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
No, likely an issue with something else you have installed and denuvo maybe.

It might be a windows update thing. I ran that and I'm verifying game files. It just showed up late yesterday.

I loved Origins and Odyssey but I've bounced off of Valhalla hard. It just feels boring and uninspired compared to the previous two IMO; even after you get to England. The raids aren't much fun and the exploration pretty much sucks since the locations are pretty benign, it takes forever to get anywhere, and you never get anything worhtwhile for going out of your way. I'm glad I only dropped $15 on the Uplay+ sub.

The thing for me that is a massive downgrade are the raids. It was a cool idea, but it falls hard compared to the fort/stronghold take downs in Odyssey. The fort takedowns in Odyssey are my favorite thing to do, but the raids in this game are fairly un-challenging. It's the biggest downgrade of the game.

The thing for me that is a massive downgrade are the raids. It was a cool idea, but it falls hard compared to the fort/stronghold take downs in Odyssey. The fort takedowns in Odyssey are my favorite thing to do, but the raids in this game are fairly un-challenging. It's the biggest downgrade of the game.

That and the crappy loot system. Odyssey was the much better game (gameplay wise) even if the loot was overkill. I will probably finish Valhalla if only to tide me over until Cyberpunk drops.

That and the crappy loot system. Odyssey was the much better game (gameplay wise) even if the loot was overkill. I will probably finish Valhalla if only to tide me over until Cyberpunk drops.
I much prefer the loot system in Origins and Valhalla to that of Odyssey. I like the named gear pieces with defined stats. It is much better than the gear with randomly generated stats.

Im actually loving doing all the side quests for mysteries and money ect.

Patch seems to have improved performance and made the game look a little better to my eyes.

Never had any problem with the game crashing or freezing until now. Patch installed: Freezes in the first 5 minutes. Great.

Is it possible to permanently fail a world event (mystery) and have in unavailable form then? For example, if the quest giver dies or something else?

Valhalla is the game to play all 2021. CP 2077 is a pass.
As much as I want another game to get into CP2077 looks, to me, like another take on GTA gameplay which doesn't interest me at all. Guess I'll watch some streams when it drops and buy it if I like what I see.

question for you all. I just drank some potion in my settlement and now I am playing in some futuristic city. I'm so confused. Am I suppose to finish everything that can be done in this area and then 'wake' up back in the other? I completed the WELL and also the Builder/Dome thing. Lost.

question for you all. I just drank some potion in my settlement and now I am playing in some futuristic city. I'm so confused. Am I suppose to finish everything that can be done in this area and then 'wake' up back in the other? I completed the WELL and also the Builder/Dome thing. Lost.

https://heavy.com/games/leave-asgard-assassins-creed-valhalla/

You can come and go as you please. After the opening quest in there the power rating goes up considerably. I am going to save this for late game myself.

How's everyone doing with CTDs in this? I feel like I "might" have an increase in them since the patch.

The kid's faces in the game are so hilariously fucked up

1606535713342.png

Back