Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Ubisoft is holding some stream event, but the servers are so overloaded people can't even log in to uplay, let alone claim the rewards for joining. You can't even play the games you own atm.

So that's what that was about. I noticed how "offline mode" was nonexistent which is troubling and needs to be addressed no matter what.

the AC series has drifted so far away from its original stealth assassination roots...I'm not sure if another series has drifted so far away from their first game

that's more about technology improving vs gameplay...

It's not about technology, it's about creating games that will appeal to the masses. First person games sell better than isometric, so it was purely a decision made on profitability.

Arguably the Wasteland reboots have more in common with the original Fallouts than the current Fallout franchise.

that's more about technology improving vs gameplay...

It had nothing at all to do with technology and was entirely about making into a Bethesda-styled game series. The tech in FO3 was old and outdated as shit before that game even came out. Bethesda kept the setting (kind of) but changed everything else about the series.

the AC series has drifted so far away from its original stealth assassination roots...I'm not sure if another series has drifted so far away from their first game
Somewhere in an alternate universe where Ubi never strayed from stealth assassination, there are people complaining it's the same game over and over and they never tried anything different.

Last edited:
Nice video. I'm stoked.

Yup, I'm really liking the direction they're taking this. Especially the "declutter" of map and quest log. I like there is a more focused loot system so wont be as much useless crap that you have to tediously salvage. The brutality and weight of the combat system looks great. The exploration aspect sounds much more refined also. The advanced assassin skill seems like a good addition in that you have to earn your kill with the heavier enemy types.

the graphics look... exactly like odyssey.

Worse case scenario. I'm ok with that. Who are we kidding? You know you are going to disappear into this the second it hits and so will I. (Although I can't hold a candle to to you.)

Looks good did they ever have a mace like that in the original games where it's on a chain?
Stained glass windows I don't think they had any of that in AC Origin.

Everyone wants this game for free so they don't feel guilty buying it so they will buy a Ryzen or a Zen to get a free copy =)

Cyberpunk already guarantees the "whatever it takes" upgrade so this will benefit, too. ;)

Everyone wants this game for free so they don't feel guilty buying it so they will buy a Ryzen or a Zen to get a free copy =)

I'll just buy a code off of some else and use the BF's computer to redeem it. If I'd know AC:V was going to be included with Ryzen CPUs I'd have held off buying him a 3600 for a few weeks.

I'm deliberately avoiding videos at this point so I don't spoil anything for myself but I am expecting lots of goodness for all of us.

it's Assassin's Creed, what on earth is there to be spoiled?...the guy stabbing people with his hidden blade?...stealth assassinations?...it's the same gameplay as every other AC game in a Viking setting

it's Assassin's Creed, what on earth is there to be spoiled?...the guy stabbing people with his hidden blade?...stealth assassinations?...it's the same gameplay as every other AC game in a Viking setting
How the setting and characters look, story elements, enemies, other characters, weapons, skill trees, etc. There is a ton to be spoiled.

first you say the games have changed so much from its roots and then say they're all the same. and then you share videos that can be interpreted as positive. maybe your opinion changes based on which side of the bed you happen to wake up. people will always find some bullshit to whine about with just about anything. game hasn't changed enough in some people's opinion? they complain. game has changed too much in their opinion? they complain. as far as i know they can call anything they want ass creed or take it down whatever road they want. it's like complaining about where an author goes with his own stories or what a musician does with their own music. it's their ip, not ours, and if we don't like it the solution is simple - don't consume it. and yeah, usually, here on planet earth, franchises are like that in that titles within a franchise share dna to varying degrees.

first you say the games have changed so much from its roots and then say they're all the same. and then you share videos that can be interpreted as positive. maybe your opinion changes based on which side of the bed you happen to wake up. people will always find some bullshit to whine about with just about anything. game hasn't changed enough in some people's opinion? they complain. game has changed too much in their opinion? they complain. as far as i know they can call anything they want ass creed or take it down whatever road they want. it's like complaining about where an author goes with his own stories or what a musician does with their own music. it's their ip, not ours, and if we don't like it the solution is simple - don't consume it. and yeah, usually, here on planet earth, franchises are like that in that titles within a franchise share dna to varying degrees.

relax...I'm a fan of the AC series for the most part...not everything needs to be a 10 (love it) or a 0 (hate it)...there are degrees in between...a game can be a 7 and still be very good...or a game can be a 9 and yet still have some things to criticize...don't look at everything as black or white

Back