Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Alot of good reasons lol

Everything on reddit was taken down.

Last edited:
Is this going to be the new norm now? Games getting leaked and then the usual suspects getting mad for the company wanting to control their IP?

The female option is not even mandatory in this game and I already see them riling against it.

I'm not typically one to defend Ubi... But of course they wanted this down. Any developer would want it down. The videos were low quality, they no doubt are not the representation Ubi wanted in their first gameplay reveal.

There are lots of good reasons to look down on Ubi. Protecting they way their IP gets shown to the public for the first time isn't one of them.

Yeah, the quality was poor, the person playing seemed kinda useless and there was a fair amount of jank still in there. It definitely wasn't a very good representation of the game.

Another one. This one has been up for 3 days, so I wonder why this has slipped by so far. Better quality than the earlier leaks on Streamable.

Looks like more of the same. Press Y, "Wealth Collected". Yeah, this game is going to be a grind fest where you need to fetch every rock and stick known to man to be able to upgrade your butter knife into a sword, only for it to get reset because you leveled up before you could pick up enough rocks and sticks to purchase the upgrade. :p

General impact animations and the like still look the same as the last game, which were very off. Like when you hit someone they will magically slide back 20 feet. Makes the impact animations feel entirely off as they're supposedly going for combat with weight and impact of actions. See 16:14 in the video. I know it is WIP, but it was exactly the same in the last game so I assume the final game won't change these animation styles.

The viking theme is cool though.

I wonder how this game will explain our character's super powers? I can't even remember how they explained it in Origins although Bayek had way less abilities.
Maybe Eivor gets blessed by Thor or something. After Odyssey the whole "you have the god's powers" is a bit stale.

It's a continuation of the Layla storyline (the hermes staff etc) so maybe they will tie Eivor's legacy into the Isu / staff somehow. It all just seems like a repeat of Odyssey.

I love long, epic games but this series might be venturing into too long...I still haven't played Odyssey as I'm intimidated by the number of hours it's going to take (I'm a completionist)

I wonder how this game will explain our character's super powers? I can't even remember how they explained it in Origins although Bayek had way less abilities.
Maybe Eivor gets blessed by Thor or something. After Odyssey the whole "you have the god's powers" is a bit stale.

It's a continuation of the Layla storyline (the hermes staff etc) so maybe they will tie Eivor's legacy into the Isu / staff somehow. It all just seems like a repeat of Odyssey.
I am not a fan of the over the top abilities. I tend to not use them.

It would also be nice if they drop the modern times storylines and not have it distract from the setting of the game.

I love long, epic games but this series might be venturing into too long...I still haven't played Odyssey as I'm intimidated by the number of hours it's going to take (I'm a completionist)
I was around 250 when I finished it. I enjoyed it the entire time though.

I still haven't played Odyssey as I'm intimidated by the number of hours it's going to take (I'm a completionist)
If you're OCD about completing everything then Odyssey will probably take like 350 hours to do everything. It has an insane amount of content, if you don't have lots of free time for gaming then the current iterations of the AC series are probably not ideal for you (until you get the willpower to skip optional quests/content/camps/bases etc).

LOL, looks like by dark they literally meant dialing back the brightness until you can't see shit. But I suppose the less you see the better, as this is nothing but a re-skinned odyssey. With a less compelling setting, and characters. This might be a skip folks, or a wait for sale at best.

Where? I can't find any bossfight in it. I downloaded the video before it was taken down.
The one in post #166, if I remember correctly, not the one I said was already up for 3 days.

Looks like more of the same. Press Y, "Wealth Collected". Yeah, this game is going to be a grind fest where you need to fetch every rock and stick known to man to be able to upgrade your butter knife into a sword, only for it to get reset because you leveled up before you could pick up enough rocks and sticks to purchase the upgrade. :p

General impact animations and the like still look the same as the last game, which were very off. Like when you hit someone they will magically slide back 20 feet. Makes the impact animations feel entirely off as they're supposedly going for combat with weight and impact of actions. See 16:14 in the video. I know it is WIP, but it was exactly the same in the last game so I assume the final game won't change these animation styles.

The viking theme is cool though.

Yup. "More of the same" should be Ubisofts slogan. It's been a very long time since one of their games felt original or inventive. It's a shame, because they control some very good IPs with a ton of potential, but Ubisoft is more worried about making games fast than they are about making games good. Could you imagine an AC game from a studio like CDPR? A studio that actually took as much time as necessary to make the game the absolute best it could possibly be? Ubisoft could have something really special. Instead they have a cool setting inside a boring, repetitive game that tries so hard to copy other, better games, and fails at it in basically all regards.

Yup. "More of the same" should be Ubisofts slogan. It's been a very long time since one of their games felt original or inventive. It's a shame, because they control some very good IPs with a ton of potential, but Ubisoft is more worried about making games fast than they are about making games good. Could you imagine an AC game from a studio like CDPR? A studio that actually took as much time as necessary to make the game the absolute best it could possibly be? Ubisoft could have something really special. Instead they have a cool setting inside a boring, repetitive game that tries so hard to copy other, better games, and fails at it in basically all regards.
Origins and Odyssey were amazing. More of the same is just fine with me.

Sorry what's this about?
Ubisoft is holding some stream event, but the servers are so overloaded people can't even log in to uplay, let alone claim the rewards for joining. You can't even play the games you own atm.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
So you can get the axe without pre-ordering the game? I assume it must be some game changing axe to get this many people logging in.

they just posted on twitter that they will be giving out the rewards to everyone regardless of the stream.
i guess they will post a claim link for everyone to use or something.

I think he was wrong about the ship combat. It's just raids you initiate from the boat.
I really don't know why this ACG guy is so popular. Just saw his Watchdogs video as well. Dry, uninofrmative babbling filled with his misconceptions on the game.

I really don't know why this ACG guy is so popular. Just saw his Watchdogs video as well. Dry, uninofrmative babbling filled with his misconceptions on the game.
Well his full reviews are better when he has more time to spend on games. Can't really expect a deep dive on what is essentially a 3-hour vertical slice.

Well his full reviews are better when he has more time to spend on games. Can't really expect a deep dive on what is essentially a 3-hour vertical slice.
Yeah, but when it's a new game nobody saw before I expect information, instead I hear him babbling about some minor unimportant detail for half the video I find utterly irrelevant.

skipping a year between AC games got this series back on a better track...the yearly releases were wearing me out...

They skipped a year and we got Syndicate -> Origins.
But they also skipped a year for Odyssey -> Valhalla, which seems like a much smaller jump.

I don't understand how Montreal managed to make Origins and Valhalla in the same amount of time (between games). What were they doing this whole time? Valhalla should be a much bigger overhaul. Origins was built from the ground up, basically a reboot.

Origins and Odyssey were amazing. More of the same is just fine with me.

I'm fine with another AC in the vein of Origins and Odyssey. They were repetitive in parts, they tried appropriating Witcher 3 quest running and mechanics, but both are superb.

The main issue with Ubisoft is their main IPs are basically the same game over and over again. Far Cry, AC, the Division, and Watchdogs (in a sense), feel like they are at their core the same games with different skins. Enjoyable, and comfortable like an old glove, but basically the same. Take that stealth gameplay footage above for example: Ubisoft may brand it as "Raid clearing", they may add a new "grappling, axe, arrow" takedown, but it's the same mechanic they've been doing over the past 8 years across their major IP.

Ubisoft really needs a new IP that doesn't rely on the tired mechanics they've been using for the past 8 years.

I'm fine with another AC in the vein of Origins and Odyssey. They were repetitive in parts, they tried appropriating Witcher 3 quest running and mechanics, but both are superb.

The main issue with Ubisoft is their main IPs are basically the same game over and over again. Far Cry, AC, the Division, and Watchdogs (in a sense), feel like they are at their core the same games with different skins. Enjoyable, and comfortable like an old glove, but basically the same. Take that stealth gameplay footage above for example: Ubisoft may brand it as "Raid clearing", they may add a new "grappling, axe, arrow" takedown, but it's the same mechanic they've been doing over the past 8 years across their major IP.

Ubisoft really needs a new IP that doesn't rely on the tired mechanics they've been using for the past 8 years.
I guess it is still new to me. The first AC game that I played was Odyssey last year. I am playing Origins now.

Back