Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

That would make a good DLC being that Jack the Ripper was never caught..

I see the game is 19.99 on CD-Keys

Assassin's Creed Syndicate's Jack the Ripper DLC will launch on December 15th for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Ubisoft has just announced...PC owners will be getting it on December 22nd...if you don't own the Season Pass, it will be sold piecemeal at $14.99

Jack the Ripper DLC story trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtXBdnGdG1s

looks great...I'll probably buy it for $14.99 (or cheaper during the Steam Winter sale?)

i've been having so much fun with this game, with what little time i've had to play it. once i finish the game i'll decide if i want to buy the Jack the Ripper DLC. it looks fun as hell though. i really dig the victorian london setting of this game.

I just started the game this past weekend, got it free with a Samsung SSD. WOW - the game is just breathtaking visually! This looks like another one I could just kill dozens and dozens of hours exploring the city.

Rig in sig, I'm running it maxed except only 2x AA, getting fps in the upper 50's, not too bad.

My only major complaint so far is the lack of a proper save system. There's only 1 save slot in the game, and to start a new game you're supposed to just completely delete your save game and start over. I want to show off this game to friends, so I'll probably want to start several new games, and may want to go back to my own game later. Leaving out a multi-save system in the game is one of the most asinine design decisions I've ever seen of this kind, but of course no huge surprise coming from Ubisoft.

Luckily you can just turn off the cloud save option in u-play, then you can go to the save folders and re-name them to force it to start a new game, and manage your own save slots manually. So freakin' stupid.

There's also an in-game market where you can spend real money to get in-game currency and XP. Looks like Ubisoft is now dabbling in how to cash in on the "free to play" craze. At the moment I'm pretty glad I didn't have to pay any actual money for this game. Lots of really annoying underhanded tactics being deployed in this game - I'm not thrilled with where ubi is going lately.

At least it's pretty and relatively fun to play.

I will not buy the DLC until the SLI is fixed.

What is the deal with SLI and this game? Thought I read it didn't work, or performed better with it off?

With single gpu forced in NV cp was getting 60-45fps. With SLI disabled same. Set it to nvidia recommended settings, and 60-70fps. Runs perfectly smooth at 1440p at high settings with gsync.

What is the deal with SLI and this game? Thought I read it didn't work, or performed better with it off?

With single gpu forced in NV cp was getting 60-45fps. With SLI disabled same. Set it to nvidia recommended settings, and 60-70fps. Runs perfectly smooth at 1440p at high settings with gsync.

I have purchased two cards for a total of 1500€, I don't want to play at nvidia recommended settings. I want to play 4K.

I have purchased two cards for a total of 1500€, I don't want to play at nvidia recommended settings. I want to play 4K.

Sorry. I meant NV recommended settings seemed to turn SLI on, and my performance is much better than with SLI disabled or NV settings set to single gpu.

Afterburner shows both cards being used.

Sorry. I meant NV recommended settings seemed to turn SLI on, and my performance is much better than with SLI disabled or NV settings set to single gpu.

Afterburner shows both cards being used.

On my rig cards utilisation varies between 40% and 80%.
There are points where I see 25fps and cards used at 40%.

This is not what SLI is supposed to.

Digital Foundry vs Assassin's Creed Syndicate PC

Unity is a high-end PC showcase- does the sequel provide the same transformative upgrade over console?...

To be clear, Syndicate remains a highly attractive game...However, technically there are design choices in play that rein in the experience...even fully maxed out on PC, Syndicate simply doesn't look as lavish or grand as Unity in all its pomp...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-vs-assassins-creed-syndicate-pc

Digital Foundry vs Assassin's Creed Syndicate PC

Unity is a high-end PC showcase- does the sequel provide the same transformative upgrade over console?...

To be clear, Syndicate remains a highly attractive game...However, technically there are design choices in play that rein in the experience...even fully maxed out on PC, Syndicate simply doesn't look as lavish or grand as Unity in all its pomp...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-vs-assassins-creed-syndicate-pc

this highlights to me how much value i put in a game's environment. i much prefer the visual experience of Syndicate because to me London is more interesting than Paris.

On my rig cards utilisation varies between 40% and 80%.
There are points where I see 25fps and cards used at 40%.

This is not what SLI is supposed to.

Hmm, mine pretty much stay at 70-75% utilization. Could be better, but SLI clearly seems to be superior than single gpu to me. Fps stay over 60fps vast majority of the time. Just turned shadows to high and hbao+, no pcss or ultra. FXAA. Trying to turn any of that on brings fps avg under 60fps, which is unacceptable.

this highlights to me how much value i put in a game's environment. i much prefer the visual experience of Syndicate because to me London is more interesting than Paris.

I find everything Assassin's Creed location interesting. Paris had its strong mixture of old & new mashing/meshing together quite spectacularly. Once I start playing Syndicate, I'll be glad to soak up the industrial revolution with some of the old styles mixed in.

Hmm, mine pretty much stay at 70-75% utilization. Could be better, but SLI clearly seems to be superior than single gpu to me. Fps stay over 60fps vast majority of the time. Just turned shadows to high and hbao+, no pcss or ultra. FXAA. Trying to turn any of that on brings fps avg under 60fps, which is unacceptable.

do you paied 70% of your cards or 100%?
as I saied I have a SLI of GTX980 Ti, I don't want to play 1080P with lowered settings because of a design flow.

same here, visually I prefer Syndicate by a lot.

same here, visually I prefer Syndicate by a lot.

Unity is significantly better graphically. It's a night/day difference. Keep in mind that graphics and setting are different. I think Syndicate has a much better setting that Unity.

Unity is significantly better graphically. It's a night/day difference. Keep in mind that graphics and setting are different. I think Syndicate has a much better setting that Unity.

It has the same engine, an older one, why it should have significantly better graphics?
synficate is far a better game with better gameplay, all in all.

It has the same engine, an older one, why it should have significantly better graphics?
synficate is far a better game with better gameplay, all in all.

They do use the same engine but the games were developed by different studios. I do agree with you that Syndicate has the better gameplay. I put it as #1 on my AC list and I've finished every AC game except Rogue (which I'll play after Just Cause 3).

They do use the same engine but the games were developed by different studios. I do agree with you that Syndicate has the better gameplay. I put it as #1 on my AC list and I've finished every AC game except Rogue (which I'll play after Just Cause 3).

I bought Syndicate full price launch day but it is producing mold on my shelf since I have 25 to 60FPS in 4K on a GTX980 Ti SLI.
Unacceptable.

I would like to buy the DLC, but if this is the performance, I will not play syndicate neither.

I bought Syndicate full price launch day but it is producing mold on my shelf since I have 25 to 60FPS in 4K on a GTX980 Ti SLI.
Unacceptable.

I would like to buy the DLC, but if this is the performance, I will not play syndicate neither.

You chose to play a brand new game on a barely supported configuration at a barely supported resolution. That's on you.

the game is out since months, they are releasing DLC instead of fixing the base game, don't say "inaccuracies"

You're posting on the HardOCP forums about not being able to play a cutting edge game at the highest settings possible on cutting edge hardware. Do you even know how HardOCP started? Do you even know what the OCP stands for?

You're posting on the HardOCP forums about not being able to play a cutting edge game at the highest settings possible on cutting edge hardware. Do you even know how HardOCP started? Do you even know what the OCP stands for?

Syndicate is not a cutting edge game, is a more of the same of the unity engine with some plus and some minus.GTX980 Ti is out since 6 months and is not cuttinge edge, is a maxwell with some more cuda cores and more whistles.

In any case is asking for a working things a stupid things?
What HardOCP means?

Syndicate is not a cutting edge game, is a more of the same of the unity engine with some plus and some minus.GTX980 Ti is out since 6 months and is not cuttinge edge, is a maxwell with some more cuda cores and more whistles.

In any case is asking for a working things a stupid things?
What HardOCP means?

OCP stood for "overclocker's comparison page" originally. Back when you couldn't buy hardware that was massive overkill for the current round of games on the market, you had to tweak things yourself to get 60fps out of any system.

It sounds like his point is that you need to tweak that shit yourself instead of just bitching about it.

It's not like you didn't know going in that SLI is kind of flaky.

OCP stood for "overclocker's comparison page" originally. Back when you couldn't buy hardware that was massive overkill for the current round of games on the market, you had to tweak things yourself to get 60fps out of any system.

It sounds like his point is that you need to tweak that shit yourself instead of just bitching about it.

It's not like you didn't know going in that SLI is kind of flaky.

I tweaked things when I spent 1500€ for two video cards and 60€ for a videogame, I think that I have done more than what is needed to play decently.

Sorry, but would get use to it. Been a number of AAA games this year with poor or no SLI support. Wait until the games are released and performance reviews are out before purchase.

Just the state of pc gaming these days unfortunately. Trust no one.

Unity definitely has better graphics...they scaled down the visuals in Syndicate to avoid the performance issues that plagued Unity...and like someone mentioned a few posts back, people are confusing graphics versus the setting of the game...Victorian London is the new setting but graphics are a separate thing...

Don't know yet if it's from updating to the latest Nvidia driver...the game's last update...or both but my performance sure took a hit. Anyone else?

Didn't update to latest nv driver but since last patch the game plays smoother. Don't know about fps before and after.

Just finished the game
This is definitely the best AC game in my book

yeah i was able to put some time in last night (i'm nowhere near finished), this game is damn fun. Victorian London at night is a fantastic atmosphere.

Last edited:
^^ Yep, loving it so far - I'm about 40% of the way through the game now, taking my sweet time, think I have over 50 hours in game so far. Plus another 20 hours AFK time since I figured out I could leave it running and get paid for doing nothing like in Saints Row. :p

Taking my new LAN rig to family gathering this weekend to show off the pretty graphics and play it with siblings. Should be fun. :D

And is it just me, or does night-time only last like 20% of the day/night cycle in this game? Seems like it's pretty much always day-time but sometimes you can see stars. Kindof wish they'd made the night just a little darker. Guess it's easier to see with it lighter, but having more dark in the game would make it feel like the stealth aspect was easier.

Just finished the game

Haven't finished the game but I agree with your conclusion.

yeah i was able to put some time in last night (i'm nowhere near finished), this game is damn fun. Victorian London at night is a fantastic atmosphere.

My only quibble is that I wouldn't mind being able to slow the time scale down a little bit. You want to see something unreal? Stand near Big Ben and watch how fast the clock hands move. LOL

Yeah night time doesn't last nearly long enough. Ha I'll have to watch the hands on Big Ben and see just how sped up it is.

Just finished the game

better then AC: Brotherhood, AC2 and Black Flag?...I bought an Nvidia bundle Uplay code for the game from a member here on [H] for $18 a few weeks back but haven't had the time to play yet...looking forward to starting it up soon with all the latest patches installed

And is it just me, or does night-time only last like 20% of the day/night cycle in this game? Seems like it's pretty much always day-time but sometimes you can see stars. Kindof wish they'd made the night just a little darker. Guess it's easier to see with it lighter, but having more dark in the game would make it feel like the stealth aspect was easier.

hopefully the Jack the Ripper DLC takes place mostly during the night as it wouldn't make sense any other way

Back