Assassin’s Creed Origins

I have just over 70 hours and 98% completion. I probably won't be going for 100%, because the chariot races and gladiator stuff don't interest me.

Patch 1.21 is out:

Assassin's Creed: Origins - 1.2.1 Patch Notes
The Hidden Ones
  • Improved Gamilat’s behaviour in the quest “The Setting Sun” when the playable character is being stealthy
  • Fixed unreactive soldiers sometime appearing in the quest “Sic Semper Tyrannis”
  • Fixed an issue with the “Good Things Come” papyrus losing its name after solving it
  • Fixed Hidden Bureau icons that could move on the World Map when marking them
Main Game
Quest
  • Fixed an issue preventing an objective marker to be displayed during the quest “When Night Falls”
  • Fixed various issues where quest objectives would not properly update
  • Fixed an issue causing Mered’s character model to change during the quest “The Hyena”
  • Fixed an issue preventing the playable character to interact with Damastes during the quest “Egypt’s Medjay”
  • Fixed an issue preventing the vault door from opening during the quest ‘’The Final Weighing’’
  • Fixed an issue preventing the last cinematic of the second Present Day quest to trigger
  • Fixed an issue preventing the playable character to interact with the Animus in the Present Day
Activities
  • Scaled down the enemies level progression in Horde Mode
  • Fixed an issue with Khensa’s health bar and level staying visible in the Arena lobby after beating her
Gameplay
  • Improved various playable character animations
  • Fixed the caravan animals not following the playable character after being tamed
  • Fixed an issue preventing animals from being tamed when in deep water
  • Fixed an issue with Predator attacks not granting XP when it was completed using animal taming
  • Fixed an issue where the Unicamel could not be called by playable character
  • Fixed an issue preventing berserked enemies from attacking tamed animals
  • Fixed animals falling through world when using the Enhanced Predator Bow skill
  • Fixed an issue with NPCs trying to mount a chariot being driven by the playable character
  • Fixed an issue that allowed Herwennefer, the War Elephant, to regain health during combat
  • Fixed an issue with NPCs that could swim on land
  • Fixed various playable character and NPC stuck issues
User Interface
  • Added missing ‘Drop Object/Body’ action to the ‘Heavy Attack’ button on the alternate control scheme
  • Fixed an issue with the Quest Log that could appear in Photo Mode
  • Fixed Ubisoft Club items not appearing as OWNED when returning to the Store after acquiring them
  • Fixed an update issue in the Gear menu when using the Hide button
  • Fixed the label overflow on the Hide button in the Gear menu in some languages
World
  • Fixed various issues with flying boats
  • Fixed various NPC spawning issues
  • Fixed various spots where player could go through collisions
Graphics & Audio
  • Fixed various visual issues occurring in HDR
System
  • Added Save Results button on Benchmark Results page
  • Improve overall stability of the game application
  • Fixed an issue when the game remains in the background processes of Task Manager after closing it using Alt+F4

My update is 8.93 GB not 2.3 GB as has been circulated. Same goes for other people. Just a heads up.

Patch 1.21 is out:

My update is 8.93 GB not 2.3 GB as has been circulated. Same goes for other people. Just a heads up.

Seems odd that the patch size is really close to the DLC size (~9GB).

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The cracked version of the game has a UPlay store/rewards unlocker... Pirates get all the goodies. :/

Reactions: JRUHg
like this
Just completed everything for the DLC today. I thought it was pretty good but I still hate the whole split up between Bayek & Amunet (formerly Aya) for the sake of the Order (BS I say).

The cracked version of the game has a UPlay store/rewards unlocker... Pirates get all the goodies. :/

Actually not.

This is lame of course but all you really have to do is find a way to give yourself lots of coin (like a trainer) and hit the "blue camel vendor" treasure chest that he has there. 3000 a pop. Hit it as much as you want. Rinse and repeat. Unlock everything over time basically.

Hope they allow me to play a female cuz im bored as hell with this game, its grown exceedingly repetitive.

Just me or does the Witcher look better? I am running 1080p but at pretty near max settings. I think that the lighting and color is a bit weak or washed.

Just me or does the Witcher look better? I am running 1080p but at pretty near max settings. I think that the lighting and color is a bit weak or washed.
Witcher 3 is the first game I ever had to use ReShade to de-saturate so AC:O is definitely more washed out.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.p...ins-1-3-0-Patch-Notes?p=13327019#post13327019

Hey everyone!

Patch 1.3.0 will be deployed on all platforms tomorrow, February 20th.

Patch Size
Xbox One: 5.5 GB
PS4: 5.3 GB
Uplay PC: 4.8 GB
Steam: 2.6 GB

Patch Highlights

The “Discovery Tour by Assassin’s Creed: Ancient Egypt” game mode added. Explore Ancient Egypt from a fascinating historical perspective with a new mode that lets visitors’ free roam the map to learn about Egypt’s history and daily life in guided tours.

New Game+ game mode added. Start a new game while keeping their weapons, outfits, and abilities. You will be able to access New Game + after you have completed the last main quest of the game.

The Hidden Ones

• Fixed an issue where the completion of the Sinai region would not reach 100% in the Atlas

Main Game

Quest

• Fixed various issues with Quest Objectives that could disappear when traveling outside of Egypt
  • Fixed an issue with the spawning of Hotephres’ boat in the quest “The Crocodile’s Scales”
  • Fixed an issue preventing the playable character to go back into the vault if he died after completing the quest “The Final Weighing”

Activities

• Increased the distance the player needs to be from some Rebel Camps before Assist Rebel event are respawned
  • Fixed an issue with Hippodrome adversaries stopping at the end of a race
  • Fixed various issues with Daily Quests and Reda that could not be available at times
  • Fixed an issue with the camera having no collision with the Boss of the Trials of the God
  • Fixed an issue preventing targets of “Avenge a Friend” quests from being damaged
  • Fixed the Trial of the God Community Challenge that could give all the items of the Anubis Gold Set after banking the reward
  • Fixed the synchronization of the Classic Challenges with the Ubisoft Club servers following a network failure
  • Fixed various papyruses locations that did not show the interact action

Gameplay

• Improved the ragdoll visual
  • Added a warning message when going out of bound with Senu
  • Fixed an issue that caused the mount not being summoned when whistled
  • Fixed a bow usage animation issue while in stealth
  • Fixed various issues where the playable character could remain stuck
  • Fixed an issue where various character’s hands would end up crooked after exiting to the Quest menu
  • Fixed an issue where NPC could stand still after being killed with an air assassination
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the interaction with the mount merchant in the Refugee Haven to work
  • Fixed an issue that could make cart fly in the air following a collision

User Interface

• Fixed an issue with the Animus Pulse effect disappearing on certain camera angles in Photo Mode

World

• Fixed various issues where the playable character could go through collisions
  • Fixed various issues with the spawning of NPCs
  • Fixed floating boats

Graphics & Audio

• Fixed various mismatches between subtitle and audio

System

• Fixed an infinite loadtraveling after fast travelling a long distance via the eagle
  • Improved overall stability of the game application

PC

• Added some tooltips and other minor improvements to the Performance Analyzer menu
  • Fixed an issue with the playable character that could not walk through a narrow pass
  • Fixed the display of GPU temperature and usage metrics
  • Fixed various issues with the key mapping with the Hippodrome
  • Fixed various issues with the World Map on multi-monitors setups
  • Fixed several stuttering issues
  • Fixed multiple issues with the localized voiceover in the quests “Incoming Threat” and “A Gift from the Gods”

If you have any issues, please get in touch with our customer support for further assistance.

Good on Ubisoft for adding the Tour of Egypt expansion for free. Very cool (although covering all the statue's boobs up I kind of lame)

both DLC sound like pretty much more of the same...when I get this I think I'm just going to buy the base game

Looking forward to playing this new DLC tonight. After that, I might make one round through NG+ after I finish up other games.

Oh for anyone interested I just saw there will be a Twitch stream today, 3/14, at 1pm EST and if you watch a bit, you can get a free in-game item - https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-319982-16/assassins-creed®-origins-community-stream-twitch-drop - If you follow that link and use the Ubi widget to connect your Ubi account to Twitch prior to the stream, if you watch it for about 20 minutes, you'll automatically be awarded a free AC:O in-game item (it seems to be a bow this time). Guess this is something that Ubi may be starting for other titles as well.

If only that stream wasn't at 3am for me. I always work towards free in-game loot for Ubisoft games but this time is a no go.

Assassin's Creed: Origins - Patch Notes 1.4.1
The Curse of the Pharaohs
Quest
  • Fixed a black screen issue that could occur after loading the game during the "Rites of Anubis" quest
  • Fixed an issue during "Crocodile Tears" quest that would display a wrong suggested level for one of the quest objectives
  • Fixed an issue preventing snakes to spawn with during the quest "Soured Libations"
  • Fixed an issue where the textures could sometimes disappear under certain circumstances in the “Idol Hands” quest
  • Fixed an issue during the "No Honor Amongst Thebes" quest that could cause the playable character to be stuck in freefall animation.
  • Fixed an issue where the blacksmith in the “Burnt Offerings” quest would not unmount the horse after the playable character rescues him.
  • Fixed an issue where the waypoint for “The Theban Triad” quest would be missing when the quest is being tracked.
  • Fixed an issue during the "Blood in the Water" quest where predator animals would disappear when the playable character is getting desynchronized.
  • Fixed an issue where the NPC would not follow the playable character when the Swenett outpost is being completed before the “National treasure” quest.
  • Fixed an issue that causes the wisps to be duplicated in a cutscene during the "The King of Kings" quest
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the "A Necessary Evil" quest from being completed when reloading the objective immediately upon collecting the quest item.
  • Fixed an issue where Bayek could become invincible during the Aaru afterlife boss fight when certain requirements are being met.
  • Fixed an issue during the "Protect Tahemet" objective that could result in various issues during the cutscene.
  • Fixed an issue where the playable character could get stuck when trying to unmount in the cave during the "Love or Duty" quest
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players from interacting with a clue during the "Master of the Secret Things" quest.
  • Fixed an issue with the response time of Djehuty's NPC guard during the "Find and Rescue Djehuty" objective.
  • Fixed various animation issues of NPCs and Bayek during various side quest dialogues.
  • Fixed an issue during the investigation objective of "The Lady of Grace" quest that could prevent players from interacting with the NPC when using firebombs close-by.
  • Fixed an issue where an objective icon during the "A Pharaoh's Hemset" quest could be missing
  • Fixed an issue where objectives could sometimes disappear from the game after completing "The King of Kings" or "The Curse of the Pharaohs" quests
Activities
  • Fixed an issue preventing the player to complete the Yebu location when completing the quest "Unfair Trade".
Gameplay
  • Unlock the "Servant of Anubis" outfit retroactively to players that completed the "Shield or Blade" quest prior to the fix.
  • Improved the behavior of enemy NPCs
  • Improved transitions from Afterlife regions to Thebes
  • Improved the behavior of Scorpions in the Afterlife regions
  • Fixed an issue with the Pharaoh's Shadows when attempting to eliminate them with the overpower ability of a regular sword weapon.
  • Improved the behavior of enemy NPCs.
  • Fixed an issue with the Tahemet NPC where she would follow her schedule after rescuing her.
  • Fixed an issue during the final boss fight that could cause the enemy NPC to be unable to move.
  • Fixed an issue with the “Morning Sun” bow that would not be upgraded properly to Level 45 when using the save game boosting option.
  • Fixed an issue with the voice output of the Brute enemies when they are being set on fire.
  • Fixed an issue where the portal to the Afterlife might not work as intended under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed an issue where the playable character could get desynchronized while Tutankhamun's shadow is engaged in battle with another enemy NPC.
  • Fixed an issue with the Scorpions in Serqet's chamber that could prevent them from reaching the playable character.
User Interface
  • Fixed an image displacement issue when transitioning between Afterlife and Thebes.
  • Fixed various text formatting inconsistencies in dialogues
  • Fixed an issue where the "Curse of the Pharaohs" progression could remain stuck at 97% in the Atlas view.
  • Updated the video showcasing the dash boost ability
World
  • Fixed a visual issue with the Abyssal Steed when leaving a Pharaoh's Shadow fight area
  • Fixed an issue that could cause vultures in the monument afterlife region to fly in one place.
  • Fixed an issue with missing flags at the temple in Luxor.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the afterlife regions to be visible in the Thebes region under certain circumstances.
  • Adjusted the position of a lootable source in the Apep Khat location.
The Hidden Ones
  • Fixed various NPC spawning issues.
    Discovery Tour
    • Reduced the repetitiveness of the ambiance dialogs.
    • Disabled Senu's top attack ability in the Discovery Tour.
    • Fixed an issue with the NPC animation when the Natron Tour is started with a child character.
    • Fixed an issue that caused from statues during the Siege of Alexandria Tour to appear with a low-quality texture
    • Fixed an issue with the display of photos taken in the main game that would appear in the Discovery Tour map.
    • Fixed Fast Travel being aborted if the player moved the camera focus away from the activation point.
    • Corrected some formatting issues in the menu when Russian localization is being used.
    • Corrected various typos in the French localization
    • Corrected some typos in the Discovery Tour timeline
    Main Game
    Quest
    • Fixed an issue where players could remain stuck if they interact with Reda during the “Reach the vault” objective.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the Lanista to traverse Cyrene and not remain at the arena after completing the “Pax Romana” quest.
    • Fixed an issue during the "Predator to Prey" quest that could cause the enemy NPC to appear in ragdoll state
    • Fixed an issue with Nikias NPC during "Wild Ride" quest that could sometimes result in the NPC getting stuck
    • Fixed an issue with the objective for the "A Dream of Ashes" quest which happened to display two quest objectives instead of only one
    Gameplay
    • Fixed an issue that would allow enemy NPCs to spawn indefinitely.
    • Fixed an issue where the playable character could sometimes get dragged into the overpower attack of a captain when he is engaged in a fight with another enemy NPC.
    • Fixed an issue where players could move during some dialogue cutscenes when using the auto movement key.
    • Fixed an animation issue with Viridovix during the Brothers arena boss fight.
    • Fixed an issue with the “Cobra Royale” Hunter bow that could not be obtained with the Heka Chests
    • Fixed an issue where Bayek becomes invisible under certain circumstances when wearing the "Servant of Amun" outfit
    User Interface
    • Corrected the French localization for "borrowing" a felucca.
    • Corrected a typo in the German localization during the Ancient Mechanism dialogue in the 'Tomb of Khufu'
    World
    • Fixed an issue with the Rainbow visuals of the Unicorn & Unicamel
    Graphics & Audio
    • Fixed an audio issue that could prevent systemic audio from playing when the Planetarium quest is being tracked.
    System
    • Fixed an issue that could cause players to get stuck in an infinite loading screen
    • Fixed an issue with the FOV that could sometimes cause the camera to twitch in the menu
    • Fixed an issue that could allow players to access the Benchmark tool when the game is still installing.
    • Fixed a black screen issue that could occur when the game crashed during the "Rebel Strike" quest

Back to news

Remembering why I stopped playing. FedEx go fetch side quests. And the ai is terrible. Can't believe I can sneak next to someone from the side (don't even have to be behind) and assassinate.

Ended up getting the season pass for this until Far Cry 5 goes on-sale. Heard good things about the 2nd DLC.

like this
Ended up getting the season pass for this until Far Cry 5 goes on-sale. Heard good things about the 2nd DLC.

More than once I was like "Ok that must be the end" and then my eyes bugged wide open and I found out otherwise... in a big way.

This is a lot of content. It's really impressive.

I just ran around and unlocked every viewpoint in the game. I have 58 vanilla (that's 100%), 4 in Hidden Ones, and 12 in Curse of the Pharaoh. Which means I have 74 out of 78.

Are there 4 hidden viewpoints in the DLC somewhere? I know there's a Duat world in the 2nd DLC, are there towers in there?

Just beat everything with both DLC included but the Hippodrome. Was a good run at 111 hrs & I hope that the next AC game runs with the improvements they've worked on.

like this
I just ran around and unlocked every viewpoint in the game. I have 58 vanilla (that's 100%), 4 in Hidden Ones, and 12 in Curse of the Pharaoh. Which means I have 74 out of 78.

Are there 4 hidden viewpoints in the DLC somewhere? I know there's a Duat world in the 2nd DLC, are there towers in there?
Yes, 4 Duat worlds have one viewpoint each.

I see a "Change Character" box...
https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-321267-16/

Animus Control Panel
For the first time in an Assassin’s Creed game, players will be able to tweak some game parameters to create their own game experience, thanks to the Animus Control Panel for PC.

The Animus Control Panel will be deployed on PC later this month. Ever fancied having three animal companions? The Animus Control Panel is your go-to.

• 75 parameters within 11 categories
  • Three pre-created presets available
  • Presets created by players can be shared on a dedicated forum
  • The Animus Control Panel is embedded in Uplay Library’s page

april-update-img_321479.jpg

edit: Holy shit console gamers are salty as hell. Can't really blame them.

Last edited:
Back