Assassin’s Creed Origins

I hit 91% completion at 74 hours (I think...). I'm not sure if I should get around to doing the Cyrene arena & the Hippodrome races. I hate fighting the elephants, so I'll skip that for a long while.
Fighting elephants is piss easy. I had 2 bows w/ health on hit and a blunt with health on hit. Was pretty invincible.

Fighting elephants is piss easy. I had 2 bows w/ health on hit and a blunt with health on hit. Was pretty invincible.

I had only tried using poison on hit that didn't get me very far. I'll have to try health on hit then.

Finished my playthrough. Game vastly improves as you expand Bayek's skillset and familiarize yourself with the gameplay. 71 hours. Final ranking:

1. Black Flag
2. Origins
3. AC2 Trilogy
4. Syndicate
5. Rogue

6. ...Everything else

Origins takes the lead over the others for a more complete open world, and yes, a better story. Black Flag had slightly more content, and sailing to break monotony.

I've posted a lot about this game so my final thoughts in bulletpoints.

* Combat never got any more enjoyable. I played the game 99% stealth anyway, so it doesn't matter that much. I did enjoy the arenas, though.
* Senu is over-powered.
* Aya should have been the main character, in that case I would say she could've been the best protag in the ENTIRE series. Easily one of my favorite characters in a video game in a long, long time. Evie was fantastic too -- Ubisoft is really great at writing female leads.
* Too many quests involve "save NPC from cage, carry him to freedom". Why did I have to carry so many people?!
* My favorite storyline in the AC series, however the bad pacing really brings it down.
* Bayek + Aya's relationship was phenomenal. There's not a lot of husband and wife duos in games, it definitely stands out here. Really great VA's too.

Also can someone tell me why Khemu is so important?! Never got that.

Duh. Why did the Templars want him so bad? They reference him a lot during the campaign.

Order of the Ancients... Templars don't exist yet, at least not in the form they came to be known as.

They used Khemu as a way of hoping to destroy the last of the Medjay & take control of Egypt/Libya/Rome (Flavius was the mastermind of this). Septimius was the one that killed Khemu with Bayek's blade.

Correction for a previous post: I actually completed the game at 96%. I still can't do much against war elephants so I think I'll be good to go for a while until more DLC is released.

Last edited:
I picked this up a couple days ago, and I'll have to say I'm very impressed so far. Movement, fighting, and parkour are all very smooth. The quests and combat are enjoyable.

You definitely can tell that Ubisoft looked hard at The Witcher 3 and implemented a lot of that game's design. I get a heavy The Witcher's Creed: Origins feel.

I always thought it would be nice if the game allowed you to choose which protag.
I'd definitely play through again as Aya.

edit: If you want a good laugh, read the whole chain of tweets. Really goes down the rabbit hole.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I would prefer to play entirely as Aya
Bayek was the sidekick in this game and for some reason Ubisoft thought it was a good idea to make him the playable character. All of the game's initiative came from Aya.

It felt narratively inbalanced. Imagine a Batman game where you play Robin 90% of the time. They are a great duo but one is clearly more important than the other.

Also, unrelated, Bayek has no personality. No surprise there, Ubisoft loves cardboard protags. If the roles in this game were flipped, Aya would go down as the best protag in the series 2nd to Ezio (who had 3 games).

Instead, we get
"BAYEK IS GREAT, REEEEEEE!!!"

Last edited:
any hints as to the setting for the next AC game?...hopefully they don't go back to the yearly release schedule...

Sweet:

This Month In Assassin's Creed Origins - January
1_jan-update_hidden-ones_317046_700.jpg

We hope you enjoyed the festive season and best wishes for 2018 from the entire Assassin’s Creed team! Without further ado, here’s what’s in store for Assassin’s Creed® Origins in January.

Title Update

A new title update will be released in January to add more content to the game. Here's what you can look forward to:

• A new quest to celebrate the arrival of the first expansion, The Hidden Ones
    Update to the Heka chests item pool, which adds the items from the Nightmare and First Civilization packs, as well as the Gladiator and Wacky packs to the pool
  • A new option to sell outfits at weaver shops
The Hidden Ones

January marks the arrival of the first major expansion, The Hidden Ones. In this expansion, Bayek and the Assassins will clash with the Romans, who occupy an all-new region in the game.

1_jan-update_hidden-ones_317046_700.jpg

Here's what you can look forward to:

• Delve into an all-new vast story
  • A level cap increase from 40 to 45
  • The Hidden Ones will be available for no additional cost to Season Pass owners
Trials of the Gods

We hope one of your New Year's resolutions for 2018 is fighting the gods, if you haven't already! You'll be able to face two of the deities again this month.

• Anubis - January 9–16
  • Sobek - January 23–30
In-game Store & Ubisoft Club Updates

Almighty Pack – January 16

2_jan-update_almighty-pack_317047_700.jpg

For Honor Pack - January 30

3_jan-update_for-honor-pack_317048_700.jpg

Ubisoft Club

Warden’s Oath Outfit - January 30

4_jan-update_warden-outfit_317050_700.jpg

You can obtain this outfit as a Ubisoft Club Reward for 40 Uplay Units.

Harlequin and Chop-Chop items – January 2018

5_harlequin-chopchop_317049_700.jpg

Good news! All players will be able to get the previously exclusive weapons in the Community Creation Contestas a Ubisoft Club Reward!

This is such a great game. Every time I fire it up I’m impressed with the detail and story line.

like this
Thanks polonyc2 I'll be playing "Incoming Threat" before the expansion is released.

Patch notes for anyone that can't access the site

Patch Size:
Xbox One: 3GB
PS4: 3GB
Uplay PC: 2.6GB
Steam: 1.2GB

Please find the latest changes below.

Patch Highlights

• Added support for the upcoming “The Hidden Ones” expansion
  • Added “Incoming Threat” quest to the game
  • Updated item loot pool of the Heka Chest (more details in the “New Features” section)

New Features

• Added a new quest to the world: “Incoming Threat”
  • Added the Atlas view on the World Map displaying the Sinai and the Valley of Kings regions
  • Added support for the “The Hidden Ones” expansion
  • Added the possibility to sell-back outfits to the Weaver shops
  • Added all the latest Store items from the Nightmare, First Civilization, Gladiator, Wacky, and Almighty packs to the Heka Chest
  • Added the option to toggle the visibility of inventory items on the Gear menu

Quest

• Improved various cinematic transitions
  • Increased the resistance of Khaliset to the Overpower Ultra ability
  • Corrected the visual size of Isfet’s weapon in the quest “Lady of Slaughter” to match its collision box
  • Prevented Tahirah from following the playable character after a certain distance in the quest “Reunion”
  • Fixed various issues that might occur when skipping cinematics
  • Fixed an issue causing the stash in the quest “The Mousetrap” to float
  • Fixed an issue preventing the player from completing the quest “The Healer”
  • Fixed various situations causing Jumbe, the War Elephant, to reset in the middle of combat
  • Fixed an issue preventing the playable character from climbing and fighting while in the quest “The Final Weighing”
  • Fixed an issue allowing Thutmose to lose his felucca in the quest “Blood in the Water”
  • Fixed the delay before the Quest Completed trigger when completing the quest “A Tithe By Any Other Name”

Activities

• Reduce the difficulty of Hippodrome races
  • Fixed an issue preventing enemies from being able to be pushed into the pit of the Duelist II Arena encounter
  • Fixed an issue where players were ranked incorrectly after completing a Hippodrome race

Gameplay

• Improved the behavior of tamed animals
  • Fixed various issues on how fire was applying damage to the playable character and NPCs
  • Fixed an issue with the spawning of the playable character in the Haueris Nome
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a desynchronization when controlling Senu from a hiding location
  • Fixed the damage bonus applied by Master abilities, which was lower than designed
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the Chain Attack ability to work
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the Adrenaline ability to be triggered
  • Fixed the Overpower Chain Throw ability that was awarding Assassinate bonus XP
  • Fixed an issue allowing the inactive weapon to cause damage
  • Fixed an issue with the distance counter not updating correctly when NPC is outside of the field of view
  • Fixed various situation where the playable character could remain stuck
  • Fixed various issues with the animations of the playable character
  • Fixed various issues with the spawning, the reactions, and the animations of NPCs

User Interface

• Added the leaderboard to the Horde Mode menu panel
  • Fixed an issue with the Target Menu not properly showing The Scarab after reloading the save game
  • Fixed various issues with the World Map filters
  • Fixed an issue making arrow disappear from its quiver in the gear page when using the customization options
  • Fixed an overlapping issue with Custom Markers when playing in Traditional Chinese
  • Fixed an issue where the "Bathhouse Towel" outfit would appear as new every time the playable character exits the bathhouse
  • Fixed a mistranslation on a Papyrus puzzle when playing in Russian
  • Fixed an issue with the distance counter not updating correctly when NPCs are outside of the field of view
  • Fixed some discrepancies in the Quest Log
  • Fixed various typos
  • [Xbox One X] Fixed the user associated with the “Best Score” in the Arena leaderboard after having switched profile in the main menu
  • [PC] Added a message telling players to restart their game after acquiring new downloadable contents
  • [PC] Added the ‘Hide Icons’ action to the Eagle section of the Customize Controls option menu
  • [PC] Fixed the Fast Travel action in the World Map

World

• Fixed the models of the Level 10 gears (bracers visual known issue)
  • Fixed an issue with Weaver shops selling the same outfit more than once
  • Fixed an issue with cages that could open by themselves when they had a prisoner
  • Fixed several areas where the playable character could go through collisions

Graphics & Audio

• Balanced the audio volume level in different areas
  • Fixed an issue when the playable character could continue to talk after dying
  • Fixed various visual issues that could occur when transitioning from indoor to outdoor
  • Fixed an issue with the intensity of the red when in HDR

System

• Improve overall stability of the game application
  • Fixed various infinite loadings and black screen hangs
  • [PC] Fixed game freeze after minimizing all tabs in Windows 7
  • [PC] Improved Performance Metrics graphs functionality

Are the maps for the new regions available? Curious how much space they added.

edit, best I could find.

6kedyb4gxea01.jpg

Hidden Ones DLC out now!

The Final Fantasy bonus is pretty nifty. That sword and shield are no joke.

I'll have to start playing the DLC ASAP. As for the FF bonus gear, I have them equipped but I won't touch the faux Chocobo/Camel hybrid (too ugly with 4 legs).

like this
I'll have to start playing the DLC ASAP. As for the FF bonus gear, I have them equipped but I won't touch the faux Chocobo/Camel hybrid (too ugly with 4 legs).

It's so ugly you have to see it for yourself and ride it once.

The only thing missing is the goofy chocobo music when you start riding it. ;)

It's so ugly you have to see it for yourself and ride it once.

The only thing missing is the goofy chocobo music when you start riding it. ;)

Ugh... I really wish they had released a true chocobo with 2 legs (even with the music & shrill calls of the bird). That'd be my preferred mount no matter what if we're going to be doing a true crossover. Seems Ubisoft failed with that though.

I'll give them credit for making the shield & sword worth my time though.

like this
I think the DLC has been excellent so far. The open world questing does (inevitably) get a little bit redundant, but overall I think the game and the expansion are excellent.

like this
I want to like this game but I'm finding it extremely repetitive and logging in to play is getting more difficult and I'm not staying logged in very long.

Back