Assassin’s Creed Origins

It would appear I fixed all my stuttering issues. As I kind of suspected it was due to G-Sync. Disabling G-Sync the game now runs perfectly smooth.

Reactions: DPI
like this
It would appear I fixed all my stuttering issues. As I kind of suspected it was due to G-Sync. Disabling G-Sync the game now runs perfectly smooth.

Curious what problem you were having exactly? I'm playing on a PG279Q @144Hz G-Sync with SLI 1080Ti's and it's flawless.... no stuttering issues.

If you're on Windows 10 1703 or 1709 try disabling fullscreen optimizations. Go to where the game is installed, find the executable, right-click it to go to properties, go to the compatibility tab and check the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" option. Ever since 1703 Windows is forcing all games that they can to run in borderless window even if you have exclusive fullscreen enabled. if you don't disable fullscreen optimizations for them. Other effects of this nonsense include using the lowest refresh rate available instead of desktop composition or half refresh rate at 120 Hz and above, completely ignoring your driver settings.

If you're on Windows 10 1703 or 1709 try disabling fullscreen optimizations. Go to where the game is installed, find the executable, right-click it to go to properties, go to the compatibility tab and check the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" option. Ever since 1703 Windows is forcing all games that they can to run in borderless window even if you have exclusive fullscreen enabled. if you don't disable fullscreen optimizations for them. Other effects of this nonsense include using the lowest refresh rate available instead of desktop composition or half refresh rate at 120 Hz and above, completely ignoring your driver settings.

I attempted this but it didn't change anything with how the game runs as far as I can tell.

"DRM software in Assassins Creed Origin is taking up the entire CPU Resources"

https://latesthackingnews.com/2017/...ins-creed-origin-taking-entire-cpu-resources/

This has been discussed quite a bit in the thread already. The problem is that its all speculation at the moment. VMP is triggering all the time, but the exact impact of that is unknown and unless someone finds a way to disable VMP or Ubisoft removes it all people can do is speculate that it is causing the unbalanced core 0 load.

I did get a good chuckle at the site trying to use cracking Wolf 2 as some kind of shining accomplishment to credit Revolt with. Its a Steamworks games with no additional DRM, not exactly something to hold up as proof of accomplishment.

This has been discussed quite a bit in the thread already. The problem is that its all speculation at the moment. VMP is triggering all the time, but the exact impact of that is unknown and unless someone finds a way to disable VMP or Ubisoft removes it all people can do is speculate that it is causing the unbalanced core 0 load.

I did get a good chuckle at the site trying to use cracking Wolf 2 as some kind of shining accomplishment to credit Revolt with. Its a Steamworks games with no additional DRM, not exactly something to hold up as proof of accomplishment.
Ja, just because something is being executed every frame it doesn't mean it is causing 100% load on a CPU core.

I get stuttering on cut scenes, but other than that the game plays fine (Ryzen 1600x, 1070).

Ubisoft statement today:
"We’re confirming that the anti-tamper solutions implemented in the Windows PC version of Assassin’s Creed Origins have no perceptible effect on game performance."

Ubisoft statement today:

A screencap of a hex editor, showing VMProtect in use and making calls in Assassin’s Creed Origins has been provided as evidence to the contrary...iIn addition, the person who took the image claims VMProtect is making calls every time the player moves in-game...

A screencap of a hex editor, showing VMProtect in use and making calls in Assassin’s Creed Origins has been provided as evidence to the contrary...iIn addition, the person who took the image claims VMProtect is making calls every time the player moves in-game..

That's a screenshot of a debugger, posted by an amateur pirate to a piracy subreddit, and appears to prove success at seeing VMP working as intended. That's it. That's the extent of the "smoking gun".

It seems like we go through this drama every time a big title comes out that pirates can't download on day one. A screenshot of something that's supposed to prove something is posted, kneejerking commences and the blogs clickbait it. When the first denuvo title Lords of the Fallen came out, it was "Denuvo kills performance" - turned out it was just a buggy game. Three years ago it was Denuvo in Dragon Age Inquisition kills SSD's! Again proven FUD.

Consider this: every time a game is reissued by a developer with Denuvo removed, it benchmarks exactly the same. That's been the breakdown in the "performance killing" narrative, and it's never mentioned. If there was a significant difference, it wouldn't be a secret - there would be much screaming about it.

It helps to understand that Denuvo and VMP aren't DRM. They function to prevent the game's executable from being modified and fucked with, and really just protect the existing DRM (Steam runtime, uPlay, Origin) from being bypassed. So they use various methods to scramble and obfuscate the game executable - encryption/decryption, virtualization, containerization etc. These processes aren't inherently CPU intensive.

I don't doubt that Ubisoft probably has some room to optimize game code to run better on potato CPU's, but if the Denuvo & VMP anti-tamper tech were removed there just wouldn't be the magical boost in CPU performance that some want to believe.

Last edited:
That's a screenshot of a debugger, posted by an amateur pirate to a piracy subreddit, and presumes to prove he was successful at seeing VMP working as intended. That's it. That's the extent of the "smoking gun".

It seems like we go through this drama every time a big title comes out that makes pirates angry when they can't download it on day one. A screenshot of something that's supposed to prove something is posted, kneejerking commences and the blogs clickbait it. When the first denuvo title Lords of the Fallen came out, it was "Denuvo kills performance" - turned out it was just a buggy game. Three years ago it was Denuvo in Dragon Age Inquisition kills SSD's! Again proven FUD.

Every time a game is reissued by a developer with Denuvo removed, it benchmarks exactly the same. Total disappointment for the propagandists eager to find a discrepancy.

It helps to understand that Denuvo and VMP aren't DRM. They function to prevent the game's executable from being modified and fucked with, and really just protect the existing DRM (Steam runtime, uPlay, whatever) from being bypassed. So they use various methods to scramble and obfuscate the game executable - encryption/decryption, virtualization, containerization etc. These processes aren't inherently CPU intensive.

I don't doubt that Ubisoft probably has some room to optimize game code to run better on potato CPU's, but if the Denuvo & VMP anti-tamper tech were removed there just wouldn't be the magical boost in CPU performance that some want to believe.

I don't believe Denuvo in and of itself is the issue in all these games...but I think it might contribute to it...there's definitely an issue with the CPU optimization in AC: Origins as something is going on and several websites have reported this...

I'll have to recheck how it runs during my gamplay and try again, I've not noticed any problems? In fact it ran so well I've just played the game and haven't noticed anything.

I'll have to recheck how it runs during my gamplay and try again, I've not noticed any problems? In fact it ran so well I've just played the game and haven't noticed anything.

i'm not having any real issues with the game's performance either - and this over steam link as well. although on my second monitor i watched the cpu get pegged and stay pegged throughout my playing.

Hmm well I was afraid to buy this game with all these issues with the DRM stuff going on. But I went ahead a got it anyways, since I have an 8 core Ryzen 1700 at 4.0Ghz 16GB RAM and a 1080 GTX.

I just played through the first couple of hours or so, and I'm happy to report that this runs just fine for me. Only seeing about 60% CPU usage across all 16 threads.

And I remember when Ryzen launched, there were a lot of people saying no games with ever use 8 core 16 threads, and that only apps like video editing and photo processing will only be utilized by Ryzen processors. Damned glad I went with this build when I did.

btw this game is KICK FUCKING ASS! I love ancient Egyptian types of games, specially in the winter.

I'm constantly impressed by AC:O. There are random glitches (which I find hilarious) like the NPCs on horses or chariots that suddenly start doing flips or spinning. Otherwise it's fun and there is a ton of stuff to do.

On a side note, I'm sad that I can't pet the cats or dogs that randomly show up lol :cry:

And I remember when Ryzen launched, there were a lot of people saying no games with ever use 8 core 16 threads, and that only apps like video editing and photo processing will only be utilized by Ryzen processors. Damned glad I went with this build when I did.

Yeah PC gamers are kind of bitchy. For years the complaints have flowed "why don't games use more of my cores".

Then when a game does come along that scales with more cores "wtf, this game is so CPU intensive, it's hammering all of my cores, why is it so unoptimized and buggy". Smdh.

Last edited:
The 7700K and 1800X are at parity in this game. In fact I don't think the 1800X has beaten the 7700K in a single game, stock or OC, despite there being so many well-threaded games. AC:O is one of them obviously.

The extra cores help, but not AMD's cores. The 8700K is around 20-30% faster than both in AC:O. Another big gap to look at is 4/4 vs 6/12 on the 7600K/1600.

Last edited:
My pc has no problem with this game visually but i get the occasional audio stutter in-game and no audio during cutscenes.
I'm using Logitech g633 headset and have read similar usb powered surround option headsets are having the same issues.
IM just sitting here like, why?? Turns me offf from playing the game till they fix it, not a fan of subtitles.

Definite improvement in FPS with 1.03. I was getting occasional dips down to 45 in some areas and now it's locked 60. I see lots of reports of improvements on Steam forum as well. 7700k 5ghz/1080Ti stock @ 4K60

Hopefully HDR support is in the next patch.

Last edited:
patch rolled me back a few levels. this happen to anyone else? patch has rendered this unplayable to me now - stuttering left and right.

Last edited:
Oh look a patch improved performance, Ubisoft must have removed the drm! Oh wait, just turns out Ubisoft released a poorly optimized game.

(don't actually have game, thanks to you first buyers for holding the brunt of it.)

Btw, it's Egypt during the age of Cleopatra right? Is there a big city to explore? Alexandria right? How is it in terms of grandeur?

https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/...his-month-in-assassins-creed-origins-november

This trial of the gods almost sounds like Hitman's Elusive Target concept.

Oh look a patch improved performance, Ubisoft must have removed the drm! Oh wait, just turns out Ubisoft released a poorly optimized game.

It's been running great for me and plenty of other people. Another one of those hit and miss deals.

Btw, it's Egypt during the age of Cleopatra right? Is there a big city to explore? Alexandria right? How is it in terms of grandeur?

Jaw dropping. Seriously.

Last edited:
The 7700K and 1800X are at parity in this game. In fact I don't think the 1800X has beaten the 7700K in a single game, stock or OC, despite there being so many well-threaded games. AC:O is one of them obviously.

The extra cores help, but not AMD's cores. The 8700K is around 20-30% faster than both in AC:O. Another big gap to look at is 4/4 vs 6/12 on the 7600K/1600.

Meh the game just came out and still needs more optimization, specially for AMD. And the 8700k is $100 more than AMD with 2 less cores nun the less.

Q-BZ Jaw dropping. Seriously.[/QUOTE said:
I second this! Its stunning how detailed the cities are, very well done. I can't wait to get the quest to rescue Cleopatra.

Has anyone played this over a steam link with a PS4 controller? The steam page only lists xbox controllers as supported. I'd like to know before I drop $$ on it.

Has anyone played this over a steam link with a PS4 controller? The steam page only lists xbox controllers as supported. I'd like to know before I drop $$ on it.

It supports full remapping of controller buttons, so it should theoretically work with any controller.

There's an ACO pack on Twitch Prime:

https://twitch.amazon.com/prime

Hz1kCyt.png

The game performs better than I expected it to. The map is huge. I think it's a decent game for anyone who has enjoyed previous assassin's creed games, the last one I played was AC3.

still have 100% CPU usage after patch. pretty frustrating when nothing i do lowers it.

Back