Assassin’s Creed Origins

Not sure.

I'm on Win 7 64 bit pro. My CPU isn't as beefy as yours but if your sig is still current we're both on 980tis and we're both using 1920x1200 monitors and I haven't had any egregious performance issues and nothing like this. Between your 16Gb of RAM and the GPU VRAM you're well covered on memory. Should be no issues there.
Okay you were right, turning off vsync fixes it entirely.
I can go into the menu and turn it on, then when I go back into the game I'm at 20-20ms frametime. Then turn it off, in the same spot, shoots down to 16ms.
What the hell.

Okay you were right, turning off vsync fixes it entirely.
I can go into the menu and turn it on, then when I go back into the game I'm at 20-20ms frametime. Then turn it off, in the same spot, shoots down to 16ms.
What the hell.

What the hell indeed. That's with sync off and FPS limiter set to 60 from the in game menu?

I haven't done anything in my Nvidia control panel at all. Only in game menu settings. No third party of any kind as a factor.

CPU overclocking.

If we past all this with no good results then we have to start testing the "bring down or temporarily disable the overclocking to prove the point" concept.

All told: You should be shredding this game like I am and I have inferior hardware to yours except for the same GPU.

I'm perplexed.

Last edited:
Yeah I used the in-game 60fps cap. I'm running at 60fps with and without vsync however the frametimes shoot up by about 10ms avg with vsync enabled. Can't say I've ever seen that before.

edit:
Here's 5 minutes of gameplay with vsync off. Locked at 16ms, not even a hitch.

L1i4WYP.png

Last edited:
Spent the better part of the weekend playing this. Really enjoying it so far.. If I were to compare it to anything I would have to say it's like a cross between Shadow of War and the Witcher 3.

Finished the game w/ 71% completion and level 37. Still tons and tons to do.

Absolutely loved the storyline and everything about it. Comparable to Witcher 3 imo in terms of gameplay with better ranged combat, better exploration, better combat and even imo better setting. I fell absolutely in love with the game and can't believe I finished an open world game so fast.

Also, the game is definitely a looker. Here are some shots to round up my review. If you haven't played this game you are missing out. I guess the annual break really did Ubi a lot of favors. IMO, this game is second only to Horizon Zero Dawn that I played this year.

I1yCfsy.jpg

EWjoERV.jpg

RnhaRx0.jpg

A6GAvSy.jpg

77DD1os.jpg

2CVXsJd.jpg

2aVen96.jpg

qHWhRRS.jpg

xFKVZKE.jpg

Pzzs72m.jpg

p7HEZHw.jpg

oxxbt4D.jpg

lEx9QK6.jpg

Last edited:
Tainted: Did you finally start getting your performance issues squared away?

adaptive vsync is the worst thing ever invented.

if you're doing 70FPS average and happen to go to 59 it goes to 30, shoots to 60, goes to 30. absolute garbage.

Two big complaints about stealth:

1. The "Senu Harrass" ability makes it way too easy to assassinate pretty much everyone. There's no cooldown, and you can repeatidly harrass the same person. During the harrassment, the enemy is totally oblivious to you and his surroundings.

2. The slo-mo arrow ability makes it way too easy to assassinate pretty much everyone. As long as you can kill the enemy in a single headshot, which is basically a guarantee with this ability, you can take out as many enemies as you want. The downside of course is that your arrows are limited quite a bit.

This game look gorgeous and I like egypt era. I wonder if there';s any crossfire support for this game yet.

Two big complaints about stealth:

1. The "Senu Harrass" ability makes it way too easy to assassinate pretty much everyone. There's no cooldown, and you can repeatidly harrass the same person. During the harrassment, the enemy is totally oblivious to you and his surroundings.

2. The slo-mo arrow ability makes it way too easy to assassinate pretty much everyone. As long as you can kill the enemy in a single headshot, which is basically a guarantee with this ability, you can take out as many enemies as you want. The downside of course is that your arrows are limited quite a bit.

I played the whole game, and I don't think I ever used the Senu Harass button. I probably missed something there. The slo-mo predator bow on the other hand...I used it all the time ;). What was even sillier than the slo-mo arrow was the non-slo-mo. You could head shot pretty much anyone as long as you could see them. The slo-mo had a limited range. Arrows weren't hard to come by...just climb the tower, shoot 9 people and reload while you're there. Then you get 9 more shots.

I played the whole game, and I don't think I ever used the Senu Harass button. I probably missed something there. The slo-mo predator bow on the other hand...I used it all the time ;). What was even sillier than the slo-mo arrow was the non-slo-mo. You could head shot pretty much anyone as long as you could see them. The slo-mo had a limited range. Arrows weren't hard to come by...just climb the tower, shoot 9 people and reload while you're there. Then you get 9 more shots.
It's an ability in the bow tree, iirc. During Hover mode, you can target a guard and press 'F' and Senu will fly down and distract them for about 10 seconds. During this time they completely ignore everything, you can run up and assassinate them or assassinate a 2nd guard standing right next to them and they don't react. After the 10 seconds are up, you can go back into Hover Mode and do it again, as many times as you want.

Also during combat Senu will swoop down and attack enemies for you.

I unlocked it...I just never used it...haha. I did notice Senu attacking random animals and people while playing. I just never hit the "harass" button.

Soooooooooo the hippodrome races are unwinnable, right? lol.

I had to practice. It's all about timing the boost on the straightaways and drifting on turns, just like a race car.

This may be blasphemy to suggest but if people are having problems with the races using KBM...try the controller. ;)

Dang this is a long game. I clear a zone and then a bunch of new quests pop up. Although Alexandria might be more dense than other areas. It took me 20 hours to unlock all of the towers and the fancy outfit.

I may get 100+ hours out of this assuming I don't quit out of frustration.

Dang this is a long game. I clear a zone and then a bunch of new quests pop up. Although Alexandria might be more dense than other areas. It took me 20 hours to unlock all of the towers and the fancy outfit.

I may get 100+ hours out of this assuming I don't quit out of frustration.

I got 98% completion with ~79 hours. I don't even know what I still have out there other than 2 war elephant pens, the hippodrome racing, and the gladiator arenas. After the side quests run out and I've been to every location, it's kind of hard for me just to run around.

To put in perspective, I've played through AC2 twice to 100% completion and have 64 hours of total game time according to steam.

Anyone on the fence: GMG is selling the standard edition for $42.32 with the code GMGBLACKFRIDAY
Deluxe Edition is $49.38
And the Gold Edition is $70.54

I am still playing. At 82% right now. Climbed the tallest area in the map as well (see pics above).
I don't know why though, usually once main quest is done, I say fuck it and move on. Not with this game.

I'm going to get 100 hours out of this for sure and I'll enjoy every second of it.

Killed Sobek the motherfucker. 9/10. Got my legendary bow out for health on hit lol.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Assassin's Creed Origins - 1.0.5 Patch Notes

Please find the latest changes below.

Patch Highlights

• Ambush at Sea – The issue that caused for some save games to be corrupted was fixed and the mission is now available to players again
    • Note: The mission should reappear on the map after a reboot of your system. Be sure to be connected to the online services while starting the game.
  • Difficulty – Enemies of a lower level than the playable character are now more challenging in Hard Mode.
  • Beard/Hair Toggle
    • Selected preference of beard/hair will remain saved now
    • Added support for Keyboard and mouse controls
      • [Shift]+[Z] – Hair
      • [Ctrl] + [Z] - Beard
  • Performance and Stability improvements on all platforms

System

• Improved performance and stability
  • Fixed some infinite loading and black screen hang
  • [PC] Fixed hardware performance metrics for Radeon R9 2xx series
  • [PC] Fixed several Ultra HD monitor, multi-monitor mode, and multi GPU mode issues
  • [PC] Fixed infinite saving occurring in Photo Mode when anti-aliasing option is Off

Graphics & Audio

• Improved Sandstorm ending visual
  • Fixed some level of detail issues in the world and for some NPCs
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the call mount whistle from playing
  • Fixed an issue that could cause music tracks to overlap
  • [Xbox One X][PS4] Revised the default Luminance value in the HDR settings
  • [PC] Temporarily deactivated spatial sound support to resolve issues with some USB headsets
  • [PC] Fixed the functionality of the Field Of View option during the Benchmark session

World

• Improved appearance of the water in caves
  • Removed some invisible collision in Siwa
  • Fixed various issues with the spawning of boats
  • Fixed a lighting issue in the Sunken Temple of Sarapeion
  • Fixed some floating NPCs, floating rocks, and other floating objects
  • Fixed various texturing issues

Gameplay

• The selected cheat option for Bayek’s hair and beard will now remain saved
  • Improved various animations on the playable character
  • Improved the navigation of the playable character
  • Improved shield stance behavior while on vehicles or mounts
  • Improved NPCs and animals reactions and navigation
  • Improved Raging Axe’s boss fight behavior in Arena
  • Improved spawning delay on loot bags when killing NPCs
  • Improved shield charge behavior
  • Improved Follow Road mode
  • Revised fire damage taken by the playable character
  • Revised poison propagation
  • Made enemies of lower level than the player more challenging in Hard Mode
  • Fixed some loading issues while using Senu
  • Fixed some issues preventing the playable character from interacting with loot bags
  • Fixed an issue that allowed thrown torches to inflict poison or bleed effect
  • Fixed spear fight animation against some enemies
  • Fixed an issue with loot bag spawning in shallow water
  • Fixed an issue preventing crocodiles from being damaged while in water
  • Fixed an issue with the activation of slow-motion
  • Fixed various issues causing the playable character to be stuck
  • Fixed some camera clipping issues
  • Fixed some issues preventing bows to automatically sheathe
  • Fixed an issue where counterweights could remain stuck on the ceiling in the Tomb of Sneferu
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent Overpower Chain Throw from being used
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent Chain Attack from dealing damage when a spear is equipped
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from interacting with the entrance of “Eesfet Oon- m’Aa Poo”
  • Fixed issue preventing Senu’s perception range from being taken into account when loading a save game
  • [PC] Fixed movement issues in Walk mode

Quests

• Improved various cinematic transitions
  • Fixed an issue that could corrupt the playable character’s inventory after completing “Ambush at Sea” quest
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from completing quests after returning to the title screen
  • Fixed various issues causing Quest objectives to disappear after desynchronization
  • Fixed various issues with Flavius during ‘’The Final Weighing’’ quest
  • Fixed an issue where the objective would not update during ‘’The Hungry River’’ quest
  • Fixed an issue with Theodoros who could stay in midair during ‘’A Rebel Alliance’’ quest
  • Fixed an issue where leader’s health could be restored during ‘’Plight of the Rebels’’ quest
  • Fixed various issues with Pothinus’ elephant during ‘’Battle of the Nile’’ quest
  • Fixed an issue with Hotephres’ ship being sunk in gameplay and cinematic during ‘’The Crocodile’s Scales’’ quest
  • Fixed an issue where the Planetarium Tunnel could remain closed after performing a save/load action
  • Fixed an issue where the “Wild Ride” quest would fail when getting on a chariot or a cart
  • Fixed an issue where objectives in the ‘’The Flea of Cyrene’’ quest would not properly update after performing a leap of faith from the Apollo Temple
  • Fixed various issues with the fight against the war elephant Herwennefer
  • Fixed issues preventing the ancient tablets to be interacted with
  • Fixed an issue which allowed the playable character to keep the “The Battle of the Nile” quest spear
  • Fixed issue where Apollodorus could remain stuck in a wall during ‘’Egypt’s Medjay’’ quest
  • Fixed dialogues that would sometime be missing from the cinematics of “Playing with Fire” quest
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent Hypatos from attacking the playable character in the quest “Homecoming”
  • Fixed an issue that could make Septimus invisible during “The Final Weighing” quest
  • Fixed various issues with Thutmose during “Blood in the Water” quest
  • Fixed an issue preventing the player from completing the quest “Fall of an Empire, Rise of Another” because he spawned as Bayek

Activities

• Improved the spawning of enemies in the Cyrene Arena
  • Fixed an issue preventing the unlockables completed as Aya from carrying over to Bayek
  • Fixed various issues causing the playable character to be pushed out of the chariot while in Hippodrome races
  • Fixed an issue where the playable character could remain stuck in the Arena ‘’lobby’’

User Interface

• The selected Map filter will now remain saved
  • Added sound feedback when switching the editing modes during Photo Mode
  • Added button mapping for petting Senu in the alternate control scheme
  • mapped to specific keys
  • Improved image resolution of crafting items
  • Improved fire visual effects on animals
  • Changed health gain visual feedback to display in green when hitting enemies
  • Fixed Senu’s marked location for the Tomb of Khufu
  • Fixed various issues with icons in the Map
  • Fixed an issue where the Photo Mode HUD could not appear
  • Fixed HUD modules that stayed hidden changing HUD Preset to ‘Show All’
  • Fixed the suggested level of some quests
  • for some their owners
  • Fixed multiple typos in the menus
  • [PS4] Fixed the Season Pass and Deluxe Pack showing up as “Coming Soon” in the Store
  • [PC] Added mouse support for rotating the character in the Gear menu
  • [PC] Added mouse and keyboard support to toggle Bayek’s hair and beard in Gear menu
  • Hide Arena HUD while in Photo Mode
  • [PC] Allowed triggering Call Mount and Animus Pulse on button Press when they are

Nice!

Runs the same for me. Maybe slightly worse, actually.
I do like the beard toggle.

Last edited:
So it seems there is talk going around of Ubisoft downgrading the game as they release patches. Has anyone noticed that?

So it seems there is talk going around of Ubisoft downgrading the game as they release patches. Has anyone noticed that?

I haven't noticed any degradation. I've had to turn down the graphics a few notches with detail to get a smoother experience, but everything still looks great IMHO.

Last edited:
Btw, it is either the patch or the game has different water and lighting when in DX12 mode. Immediately, I saw waves in the water and also shimmering next to the coast w/ green/blue hue. Something that is not present in DX11 / W7.
Suggest to play it in W10 and not W7. Too bad I finished it on W7.

Btw, it is either the patch or the game has different water and lighting when in DX12 mode. Immediately, I saw waves in the water and also shimmering next to the coast w/ green/blue hue. Something that is not present in DX11 / W7.
Suggest to play it in W10 and not W7. Too bad I finished it on W7.

It's a dx11 game so not sure why it would look different in Win 7. But I'd recommend Win 10 for gaming in general anyway, pretty sure the game devs and nvidia/AMD are doing very little if any optimisation for Win 7 nowadays. I remember the shock when I went from 7 to 10 on BF1 with the exact same hardware.

I also suspect Ubi is slowly downgrading. This patch smoothed out my framerate a lot, so either they optimized things or they cut things. Ubisoft is not a great optimizer.

As someone whos never played Assassin's creed before would this game be a good one to jump into? It looks really fun and I keep hearing about it, steam has it on sale and I just happen to have a good amount of steam credit saved up lol

witcher 3 was so much better 10/10

boring. 5/10

ubisoft still don know what to do on bigger open world or how to make single player story.

As someone whos never played Assassin's creed before would this game be a good one to jump into? It looks really fun and I keep hearing about it, steam has it on sale and I just happen to have a good amount of steam credit saved up lol
I think a lot of people would suggest Black Flag.

I'll probably hit my 3rd playthrough of Black Flag after Origins. It's been 2 years or so, it's time. I miss the boat combat.

Back