Assassin’s Creed Origins

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Blade-Runner, Sep 30, 2016.

1. TaintedSquirrel

TaintedSquirrel [H]ardForum Junkie

Okay you were right, turning off vsync fixes it entirely.
    I can go into the menu and turn it on, then when I go back into the game I'm at 20-20ms frametime. Then turn it off, in the same spot, shoots down to 16ms.
    What the hell.

Armenius likes this.
  2. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

What the hell indeed. That's with sync off and FPS limiter set to 60 from the in game menu?

I haven't done anything in my Nvidia control panel at all. Only in game menu settings. No third party of any kind as a factor.

CPU overclocking.

If we past all this with no good results then we have to start testing the "bring down or temporarily disable the overclocking to prove the point" concept.

All told: You should be shredding this game like I am and I have inferior hardware to yours except for the same GPU.

I'm perplexed.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  3. TaintedSquirrel

Yeah I used the in-game 60fps cap. I'm running at 60fps with and without vsync however the frametimes shoot up by about 10ms avg with vsync enabled. Can't say I've ever seen that before.

edit:
    Here's 5 minutes of gameplay with vsync off. Locked at 16ms, not even a hitch.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Armenius and Q-BZ like this.
  4. mr_zen256

mr_zen256 2[H]4U

Spent the better part of the weekend playing this. Really enjoying it so far.. If I were to compare it to anything I would have to say it's like a cross between Shadow of War and the Witcher 3.

5. TaintedSquirrel

6. Filter

Filter [H]ardForum Junkie

Just finished main story 30 hours into it.

7. KickAssCop

KickAssCop [H]ardness Supreme

Finished the game w/ 71% completion and level 37. Still tons and tons to do.

Absolutely loved the storyline and everything about it. Comparable to Witcher 3 imo in terms of gameplay with better ranged combat, better exploration, better combat and even imo better setting. I fell absolutely in love with the game and can't believe I finished an open world game so fast.

Also, the game is definitely a looker. Here are some shots to round up my review. If you haven't played this game you are missing out. I guess the annual break really did Ubi a lot of favors. IMO, this game is second only to Horizon Zero Dawn that I played this year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    Armenius, Comixbooks, Q-BZ and 2 others like this.
  8. KickAssCop

9. TaintedSquirrel

10. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

Tainted: Did you finally start getting your performance issues squared away?

11. TaintedSquirrel

Only with vsync off. With vsync on, it stutters.

Off: [​IMG]

On: [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  12. DF-1

DF-1 2[H]4U

adaptive vsync is the worst thing ever invented.

if you're doing 70FPS average and happen to go to 59 it goes to 30, shoots to 60, goes to 30. absolute garbage.

13. TaintedSquirrel

Adaptive vsync is the opposite of that. :p

Armenius likes this.
  14. TaintedSquirrel

Two big complaints about stealth:

1. The "Senu Harrass" ability makes it way too easy to assassinate pretty much everyone. There's no cooldown, and you can repeatidly harrass the same person. During the harrassment, the enemy is totally oblivious to you and his surroundings.

2. The slo-mo arrow ability makes it way too easy to assassinate pretty much everyone. As long as you can kill the enemy in a single headshot, which is basically a guarantee with this ability, you can take out as many enemies as you want. The downside of course is that your arrows are limited quite a bit.

15. Web4Life

Web4Life Limp Gawd

This game look gorgeous and I like egypt era. I wonder if there';s any crossfire support for this game yet.

16. kirbyrj

kirbyrj [H]ard as it Gets

I played the whole game, and I don't think I ever used the Senu Harass button. I probably missed something there. The slo-mo predator bow on the other hand...I used it all the time ;). What was even sillier than the slo-mo arrow was the non-slo-mo. You could head shot pretty much anyone as long as you could see them. The slo-mo had a limited range. Arrows weren't hard to come by...just climb the tower, shoot 9 people and reload while you're there. Then you get 9 more shots.

17. TaintedSquirrel

It's an ability in the bow tree, iirc. During Hover mode, you can target a guard and press 'F' and Senu will fly down and distract them for about 10 seconds. During this time they completely ignore everything, you can run up and assassinate them or assassinate a 2nd guard standing right next to them and they don't react. After the 10 seconds are up, you can go back into Hover Mode and do it again, as many times as you want.

Also during combat Senu will swoop down and attack enemies for you.

18. kirbyrj

I unlocked it...I just never used it...haha. I did notice Senu attacking random animals and people while playing. I just never hit the "harass" button.

19. TaintedSquirrel

Soooooooooo the hippodrome races are unwinnable, right? lol.

20. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

I had to practice. It's all about timing the boost on the straightaways and drifting on turns, just like a race car.

This may be blasphemy to suggest but if people are having problems with the races using KBM...try the controller. ;)

21. TaintedSquirrel

Dang this is a long game. I clear a zone and then a bunch of new quests pop up. Although Alexandria might be more dense than other areas. It took me 20 hours to unlock all of the towers and the fancy outfit.

I may get 100+ hours out of this assuming I don't quit out of frustration.

22. kirbyrj

I got 98% completion with ~79 hours. I don't even know what I still have out there other than 2 war elephant pens, the hippodrome racing, and the gladiator arenas. After the side quests run out and I've been to every location, it's kind of hard for me just to run around.

To put in perspective, I've played through AC2 twice to 100% completion and have 64 hours of total game time according to steam.

23. Derangel

Derangel [H]ard as it Gets

Anyone on the fence: GMG is selling the standard edition for $42.32 with the code GMGBLACKFRIDAY
    Deluxe Edition is $49.38
    And the Gold Edition is $70.54

24. KickAssCop

I am still playing. At 82% right now. Climbed the tallest area in the map as well (see pics above).
    I don't know why though, usually once main quest is done, I say fuck it and move on. Not with this game.

25. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

I'm going to get 100 hours out of this for sure and I'll enjoy every second of it.

Armenius likes this.
  26. KickAssCop

Killed Sobek the motherfucker. 9/10. Got my legendary bow out for health on hit lol.

Q-BZ likes this.
  27. TaintedSquirrel

I just downloaded a 1.18 GB patch.
    Main menu says 1.05.

Q-BZ likes this.
  28. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

Nice!

29. TaintedSquirrel

Runs the same for me. Maybe slightly worse, actually.
    I do like the beard toggle.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  30. polydiol

polydiol [H]ard|Gawd

guess I've been lucky, I've not had any issues, maybe my pc is brute - forcing it.

Q-BZ and termite like this.
  31. Derangel

Derangel [H]ard as it Gets

So it seems there is talk going around of Ubisoft downgrading the game as they release patches. Has anyone noticed that?

32. CrimsonKnight13

CrimsonKnight13 Lord Stabington of [H]ard|Fortress

I haven't noticed any degradation. I've had to turn down the graphics a few notches with detail to get a smoother experience, but everything still looks great IMHO.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  33. KickAssCop

I run maxed. No changes with patch 1.05.

34. KickAssCop

Btw, it is either the patch or the game has different water and lighting when in DX12 mode. Immediately, I saw waves in the water and also shimmering next to the coast w/ green/blue hue. Something that is not present in DX11 / W7.
    Suggest to play it in W10 and not W7. Too bad I finished it on W7.

Armenius and termite like this.
  35. kalston

kalston Gawd

It's a dx11 game so not sure why it would look different in Win 7. But I'd recommend Win 10 for gaming in general anyway, pretty sure the game devs and nvidia/AMD are doing very little if any optimisation for Win 7 nowadays. I remember the shock when I went from 7 to 10 on BF1 with the exact same hardware.

Armenius likes this.
  36. TaintedSquirrel

I also suspect Ubi is slowly downgrading. This patch smoothed out my framerate a lot, so either they optimized things or they cut things. Ubisoft is not a great optimizer.

37. Ragenrok

Ragenrok 2[H]4U

As someone whos never played Assassin's creed before would this game be a good one to jump into? It looks really fun and I keep hearing about it, steam has it on sale and I just happen to have a good amount of steam credit saved up lol

38. JRUHg

JRUHg Limp Gawd

witcher 3 was so much better 10/10

boring. 5/10

ubisoft still don know what to do on bigger open world or how to make single player story.

39. ghostwich

ghostwich [H]ard|Gawd

I think a lot of people would suggest Black Flag.

40. TaintedSquirrel

I'll probably hit my 3rd playthrough of Black Flag after Origins. It's been 2 years or so, it's time. I miss the boat combat.