Assassins Creed or Super Mario Galaxy

tpfaff

2[H]4U
Which one, going to buy one of them today but I just can't decide. Eventually going to get them both but I just don't know which one to buy, any have both? Which one are you having more fun with? (assassins creed for 360 btw.)

This is an odd descion.

Both AAA, cant go wrong either way.

Personally, I would get Mario Galaxy, but thats cause I already have it and I like it alot. Either way, if I didnt have either, I'd still get Galaxy. Seems more "video game" to me.

I guess it boils down to whether you want a realistic game or a VERY non realistic game, now. I'm personally not interested in realsitic games right now (Too much fluff and FMVs), you might think differently.

is that the best reason to make a decision? just so a console gets some use? *shrug* i have no loyalties to my console/pc. i haven't played my PC in a few months...and i've had to make decisions along the way. im going to get whatever it is i think i'll get the most enjoyment out of.

matters on what you consider fun. :)

asassins creed: fighting with swords, sneaking up on scumbags and shanking them, hopping around like an acrobat.

mario: being a plumber with a creepy smile who associates himself with some circus freaks.

*shrug*

I have both. I bought Galaxy last Monday and Assassins Creed on Tuesday. I played Galaxy for about four hours Monday afternoon. After picking up Assassins Creed Tuesday morning, I haven't touched Galaxy. However, I've played Assassins Creed a lot.

I think both are amazing, but Assassins Creed just grabbed my attention more. Both are fairly short games from what I can tell and if you're in a situation to only be able to buy one I'm guessing you want something to get your money worth. You might want to check out Mass Effect if you have an Xbox, since it comes out tomorrow. The reviews are high so far and it would last longer than either of the games you mentioned.

Haven't had a chance to pick up Assassin's Creed but I can say that Mario Galaxy is an awesome game, you won't be disappointed.

Dude... Assassin's Creed it fucking amazing. If I could take a day off of work to play it, I would. Defidently buy Assassin's Creed.

I own AC, my friend owns Mario Galaxy, I would say go with AC.... I felt like Mario Galaxy was way to childish for me. I'm not a big fan of pink stars with anime eyes. I love all my past Mario games, but I wasn't all that impressed by Galaxy :(

Go with AC :)

Galaxy is pure video game, Assassins Creed is more of the same "trying to be an action movie" game to me.

Im one of the guys that also have both

and I've been playing AC wayyy more, reason? SMG is really easy and doesn't have much to it, (ie its a childrens game), whereas AC is more older, and aimed for a older range, so I like it more.

BUT with that said Mario is also a great game!,
I would say rent both, and finish them both, and then there you go haha

Bought galaxy. Still going to get AC asap. LOL oh and I got it at target and walked right past crysis to go get it :D

ASSASSINS CREED.I hated the game even though i onlii played it at the gamestore for a couple of mins..

I also have both, and SMG has gotten a ton more gameplay than Assassins Creed. SMG is all about pure fun and is what I remember video games being about. Assassins Creed is very repetitive. Follow this guy, pick pocket this guy, eavesdrop this guy, rinse wash repeat for the nine assassinations.

I also have both, and SMG has gotten a ton more gameplay than Assassins Creed. SMG is all about pure fun and is what I remember video games being about. Assassins Creed is very repetitive. Follow this guy, pick pocket this guy, eavesdrop this guy, rinse wash repeat for the nine assassinations.

Yea except for different cities and different parts of cities with different layouts.

Thats like me saying... Well Mario is very repetitive. Go get that star, get those coins, collect those star gem things to shoot at pink star guys that are hungry, repeat. (except that I know its more to that because theres other levels just like in AC)

:rolleyes:

Yea except for different cities and different parts of cities with different layouts.

Thats like me saying... Well Mario is very repetitive. Go get that star, get those coins, collect those star gem things to shoot at pink star guys that are hungry, repeat. (except that I know its more to that because theres other levels just like in AC)

:rolleyes:

That may be true... but Mario games have differing themes and some variation on a majority of the challenges while the "levels" in AC do not have a different feel at all. On top of that, no matter where you are... every eavesdrop, save a citizen and pickpocket mission in AC is EXACTLY the same.

I haven't played Galaxy, and I AM enjoying AC... but when you suddenly have to eavesdrop, pickpocket and save like 30 citizens before you get to play the fun part of the game... it does lose some of its magic.

That may be true... but Mario games have differing themes and some variation on a majority of the challenges while the "levels" in AC do not have a different feel at all. On top of that, no matter where you are... every eavesdrop, save a citizen and pickpocket mission in AC is EXACTLY the same.

I haven't played Galaxy, and I AM enjoying AC... but when you suddenly have to eavesdrop, pickpocket and save like 30 citizens before you get to play the fun part of the game... it does lose some of its magic.

Levels may not have a different feeling because of what your character can do. Being able to climb on anything is going to make levels feel similar. If they didn't let you climb buildings and only stick to street access, I'm sure the game levels would feel a lot different.

Can you think up ways to make pick pocketing different? Because the way they do it, is about the only way I can think up that would work. Eaves dropping.. maybe you could perch from a building or stand in a corner ... but eaves dropping is eaves dropping... there’s not a whole bunch of ways you can make that vary. Saving citizens could be varied in many more ways ... I think instead of the save citizens being locked to a specific spots on maps, they should be more random. Like seeing things happen and you have to make up your mind to save a citizen or not.

Apples to Oranges.

These games really are on different sides of the spectrum.

I guess to each their own. I personally think SMG sucks. I liked Super Mario Bros, SMB2/3, Mario 64.... never really got into sunshine, and SMG feels like a child’s game.

Maybe I'm just getting older and different things are starting to appeal to me. God, I so want my DNF and strippers :p

I am not exaggerating when I say SMG is a brilliant game in every aspect, do not pass it up because it seems too 'childish'.

guys please read all the posts, I already bought SMG and it's pretty good

Having played SMG but not AC
I can tell u, u wont regret buying SMG

Same here, I haven't played AC but have SMG, and I do kinda regret getting it. Way hyped up imho. I had been looking forward to SMG for a long time now, and I feel it's a let down.

I have both. I find SMG much more engaging and fun to play. AC is a grit your teeth, sit down, and get ready to fight sort of game, and i've just not been in the mood for that too much lately. SMG is much lighter and funny. Even had people over who tried both and they fell in love when they found out that your friend can sit in with an extra Wiimote and help (hold enemies in place, collect star bits, etc).

I'm sure i'll turn over to AC soon enough, but with all the stress from work, unwinding with Mario is great.

I give two big thumbs up to both. Very good games.

Which one, going to buy one of them today but I just can't decide. Eventually going to get them both but I just don't know which one to buy, any have both? Which one are you having more fun with? (assassins creed for 360 btw.)

Having played neither, I'd say SMG is a sure thing. I've heard too many mixed things about AC to buy it without renting or playing on a kiosk first.

Having played neither, I'd say SMG is a sure thing. I've heard too many mixed things about AC to buy it without renting or playing on a kiosk first.

i felt the same way, but after reading what gabe @ Penny-Arcade had to say, I was sold. I have really enjoyed the game thus far and would make my purchase again.

Back