Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

I wonder if they'll list the release date/window. I've heard rumors both that it will be a "Late summer/Fall" title or that it will not arrive until 2021.

I wonder if they'll list the release date/window. I've heard rumors both that it will be a "Late summer/Fall" title or that it will not arrive until 2021.
I would love to see it as a next-gen exclusive. But most likely cross-gen, this fall as a launch title for the new consoles.
Ubisoft explicitly said they skipped AC in 2019 to keep working on Odyssey. Which means 2020 is basically a guarantee for a new one.

I really hope they don't make the main character something you can make with a character generator. I far prefer having a unique protagonist versus some generic crap because they have to support players making their own idiot character.

I have no doubt that if the character creator is integrated, someone will create the new Kratos through it.

I'll love it if I can play this during the coming winter.

I really hope they don't make the main character something you can make with a character generator. I far prefer having a unique protagonist versus some generic crap because they have to support players making their own idiot character.

I do prefer unique characters but Mass Effect 1-3 did it well enough.

the AC series has been on an upward trend with Origins and Odyssey...can they really nail the trifecta with this new Vikings theme

Absolutely. Go back to making characters, well, characters and not generic nobodies. Sounds like this is another step towards the RPG direction which is bad. Action adventure is where this series belongs and I would hope they go back and remove the grinding/retarded impaling someone 30 times mechanics.

This series has so much potential and a few games actually realize it, but other ones fail so hard. I always want to like them but they just make it so hard to be enjoyable.

Absolutely. Go back to making characters, well, characters and not generic nobodies. Sounds like this is another step towards the RPG direction which is bad. Action adventure is where this series belongs and I would hope they go back and remove the grinding/retarded impaling someone 30 times mechanics.

This series has so much potential and a few games actually realize it, but other ones fail so hard. I always want to like them but they just make it so hard to be enjoyable.
I don't think they will. Honestly this will likely be fairly similar to the last two with barely any real changes besides maybe a large sea component again like Black Flag since the Vikings were all about the sea.

We've got a Raven, folks.

From a Nordic standpoint the Raven makes sense as the next "vision/drone replacement etc", though it is worth noting that Eagles have been a core conceptual part of Assassin's Creed from the beginning; Altair is an eagle reference, the enhanced vision granted by Isu DNA is called "Eagle Vision", many other eagle references are part of the AC mythos. Not that they couldn't do a raven, but it would be a departure from the existing mythos unless they figure out how to rectify the two.

I don't think they will. Honestly this will likely be fairly similar to the last two with barely any real changes besides maybe a large sea component again like Black Flag since the Vikings were all about the sea.

I can only hope that there's a new mechanic with this regard. Vikings being known for raiding, both land and sea battles etc... I hope they do more than simply keep with the previous dynamic. Perhaps adding both open ocean and smaller river/fjord style maritime content will be of interest.

the AC series has been on an upward trend with Origins and Odyssey...can they really nail the trifecta with this new Vikings theme

Disagree. Origins was an interesting step in the right direction. Odyssey was more of the same. Both suffer from Ubisoftitis.... A great list of features on paper, boiled down to their most basic parts so that games can be churned out quickly. There is no heart or passion in these games. The RPG mechanics are shit. Most of the quests are boring and repetitive.

I'd love to see them make a properly good open world RPG out of assassin's creed. I don't expect they ever will.

It's over.

iyNYGY4.png

they needed to give it another O title after Origins and Odyssey in order to ensure it's success :D

I wonder if they'll introduce Isu shadow power or something similar to Loki. Maybe they'll also bring in some awesome powers like Thor.

I can't wait. Odyssey was amazing. A Viking setting is even better. I will be getting this on day one.

The default max bounty the game gives you at level 99 is about 67,000. Using a memory editor, I found the bounty location and set it to the absolute max and got about 3.8 million... ~56 times higher than the default max. It would take 50+ hours for it to reset to 0 over time lol.

I did this because I play at max bounty at all times. I got tired of constantly murdering civilians, so I searched the value myself and set it to an impossibly high number so it stays maxed out forever. Unfortunately, conquest battles and some missions reset it to 0.

FbBKPCg.png

In case anybody else wants to dick around, the default max in-game bounty value is 1166843904.
To reach it, go to the Olympics and murder people until the word "Murder" stops appearing on your bounty meter. This means you're at max. Do a memory search for 1166843904, then pay it off to reset to 0, then do a search for 0. There will be 2 results, one of them controls your bounty. Ta-da.

Last edited:
Hit 1000 hours today. I will be posting my thoughts & analysis of the game once I finish my current playthroughs in a couple weeks.
I also have something special I'll be posting soon, too. :)

VHLffdc.png

Do we need to call an intervention or are you pretty much done?
No I still need to finish Greece on my current character (about 50% of the map left) and do FoA Chapters 2 and 3 at least one more time, and reach 10k Merc kills. I've probably got about 50 hours left.

I learned today you can skip fast travel loadscreens by using the waypoint teleport hack in the WeMod trainer.
Although it allows you to teleport anywhere on the map, you can use it to just fast travel to viewpoints like normal. When you use the hack, your character is instantly teleported to the location with no load screen -- the only downside is that the landscape and NPCs take, no joke, about half a second to pop up.

The load screens in this game are a lie.

Also just a small reminder about the Horse speedhack in the Fearless trainer, which I believe is borderline necessary to prevent going insane while riding your horse through cities. There's also another convenience hack in the FLiNG trainer which extends the sensor ability (hold 'V') to about 150 meters. So you don't have to use Ikaros to tag enemies anymore.

I learned today you can skip fast travel loadscreens by using the waypoint teleport hack in the WeMod trainer.
Although it allows you to teleport anywhere on the map, you can use it to just fast travel to viewpoints like normal. When you use the hack, your character is instantly teleported to the location with no load screen -- the only downside is that the landscape and NPCs take, no joke, about half a second to pop up.

The load screens in this game are a lie.

Hmm, I wonder if this might introduce memory leaks or other issues. Have you had any crashes after using this teleport method?

I went through 'that' door in Atlantis on my NG+ playthrough and it's much better. A bit cliche but way more interesting.

You get a different cutscene immediately following the choice and thats it. Even the following dialog with Perseidon, et al, is unchanged.

Same thing with the big Atlas decision. one cutscene, no other differences.

As bad as the choices in Elysium were, it was 1000x better than both Underworld and Atlantis.

Got my spear! Missing the stand, unfortunately. I'm going to wall mount it anyway.
You can find them on Ebay/Wish for about $20-$30.

euOJyer.png

Last edited:
Can anyone check their "Rewards" tab in Ubisoft Connect (Uplay) and tell me if it's blank?
It went blank after the Connect migration. All my other games are showing their item lists... With odyssey I see nothing.

acodblank.png

Yes. Odyssey Reward page blank. Some other games including Origins and Valhalla are not blank.

Back