Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Assassin's Creed® Odyssey2019-12-24-9-30-5.jpg

This game looks really good not all sandy like Origins but wasn't impressed with the initial combat maybe those are just the noob moves.

I keep trying to beat that level 5 bounty hunter he keeps kicking my butt I don't think I have dodge down right pressing the wrong button on the controller =)
I'm almost level 4 but I got a critical with him with a posion arrow. I think if I get dodge down I can take him.
Update: I got the bounty Hunter at level 4 you can even stay on your horse and shoot arrows at him but ran out so I did some combos.

Last edited:
Assassin's Creed® Odyssey2019-12-25-9-15-15.jpg

Assassin's Creed® Odyssey2019-12-25-9-15-16.jpg

Wave roller action I want to like this game but just like Origins so much running around or horse traveling just bothers my eyes after a while turned the settings down to medium to help with that. I'm only level 6 and that was a real chore which was 5 and half hours of gameplay.

the main problem with the game is that the world is too damn big. in this case "open world" is not a positive, it is a negative. a whole bunch of nothing between things means a lot of wasted time traveling, even with the fast travel points.

the main problem with the game is that the world is too damn big. in this case "open world" is not a positive, it is a negative. a whole bunch of nothing between things means a lot of wasted time traveling, even with the fast travel points.
I spent almost 200 hours just exploring the world. Now that I have the world uncovered, I went back to Athens to start all of the main quest lines. I am kind of burned out on it now, but haven't even played much of the story.

Is there a single new map for all of the Fate of Atlantis episodes, or one new map for each episode?

I'm curious - when you get to Atlantis, it seems that the "kill X enemies with Y weapon type" inscription unlocks no longer seem to count for me. For instance I'm at the point I should need 2 more kills with the heavy blunt in order to get the highest unlock tier, but after numerous kills in Atlantis they don't seem to count and the number doesn't change. Anyone else run into this?

Also, for those who have gone into the Atlantis expansion content who have fulfilled the baseline story quests and the Legacy of the First Blade expansion.... what do you do with gear? For instance, do you stay with the Demigod set or other Legendary sets from the 1st expansion / base game, or do you equip the Epic gear that drops there? What inscriptions do you use - the same ones you'd use previously, or the new "Damage to Isu" ones? I assume "damage to Isu" affects ALL enemies in Atlantis?

In Elysium, I'm finding it interesting how there are varying storylines - who you can "back" so to speak, and depending the order of the quests you do its hard to decide who's the best choice.

Finally finished this after putting it on a shelf when Red Dead 2 came out. The climax to the main plot and the surrounding missions later (possibly in its entirety - I don't know) were flat and lifeless to me. The main story went out with a whimper. In regards of story Origins was much better. Don't think I can find the will to bother with any of the DLC now. To me the best things on offer with this were the world and stirring shit up to where it felt I had the entire game after me... But that gets old eventually.

Finally finished this after putting it on a shelf when Red Dead 2 came out. The climax to the main plot and the surrounding missions later (possibly in its entirety - I don't know) were flat and lifeless to me. The main story went out with a whimper. In regards of story Origins was much better. Don't think I can find the will to bother with any of the DLC now. To me the best things on offer with this were the world and stirring shit up to where it felt I had the entire game after me... But that gets old eventually.

I don't know if you've finished them all, but there are 3 endings to the core game.

Family Ending - This is the closest thing to the "main" quest. Depending on the decisions you've made along the main quest, things will go one of several ways. However, even with the "best" ending (ie with all 4 family members alive) I can understand how it seems a little flat considering this ending doesn't impact other things within the game, to my knowledge. This is more of a personal story ending for Alexios/Kassandra, as opposed to a big game-universe impacting ending. I was disappointed however that (at least in my experience) this ending's parameters didn't impact any of the other content within the game; it would have been nice if the DLCs and/or other endings would reference/change/add options based on what you've done here.
Cult Ending - This one triggers when you've killed ALL of the Cult of Kosmos members and unveiled the "Ghost". This encounter will add even more info and you'll have a major choice to make. It unveils another level of the Cult storyline and touches on some "big picture" stuff about the game world and whatnot.
Staff Ending - This one triggers when you've done all of the tasks to seal the Gate that Pythagoras asks. This will unveil some big picture / present day stuff too.

Just letting you know in case you didn't finish them all - I've talked to a few people who felt things were especially lacking when they only did the Family ending. Even after you see all 3, the story is still a little "up in the air", but this is somewhat directly related to the DLC - especially the Atlantis DLC. If you can bring yourself to give the DLC a try, it may be worth it as at least in theory it should fix some of your disappointments mentioned.

Legacy of the First Blade DLC - besides mixing things up and giving you more stuff to do (enemy types, boss fights) and a new storyline, this DLC likely has the most emotional depth potential in the game. The new characters, allies and enemies both, are pretty well crafted and the flow of the missions allows for the growth of the storyline.
Atlantis DLC - This is the largest one, offering new maps, gameplay mechanics, enemy types etc.. and more. If you liked stirring shit up and having threatening enemies coming after you, this is definitely turned up here! Lots of changes including new mods to your skills to unlock and more. Storylines vary between 3 distinct areas and each one has a unique lore that is heavy with myth, meeting gods and goddesses, among others; there are even some surprises and elements that refer back to the main storyline/game world. As far as the present day storyline, Atlantis heavily focuses on this , setting the stage looking forward to the next AC title.

So between First Blade's cohesive and well crafted storyline, and Atlantis turning everything up a notch both in story and mechanics, it may be worth playing again if you were looking for more. Then again, clearing the main game itself with any degree of completeness is a long, long road and sometimes quite a tiring one at that, so you may need a break.

Hmm. It might take a while. I am trying to finish it up by March 3.

You're in a distinct place for each of the episodes with unlocks for each and they probably each take as long as the first DLC but that one had a better story IMO. The 2nd episode was meh but the 1st and 3rd were fun.

You're in a distinct place for each of the episodes with unlocks for each and they probably each take as long as the first DLC but that one had a better story IMO. The 2nd episode was meh but the 1st and 3rd were fun.
I was drawn into the first one enough to finish it yesterday. I am stuck on getting past Cerberus now.

I was drawn into the first one enough to finish it yesterday. I am stuck on getting past Cerberus now.

I took two weeks off after I got to Cerberus just because he was so frustrating. Finally went back to it, stayed back and lit him up with death arrows.

I don't know if you've finished them all, but there are 3 endings to the core game.

Family Ending - This is the closest thing to the "main" quest. Depending on the decisions you've made along the main quest, things will go one of several ways. However, even with the "best" ending (ie with all 4 family members alive) I can understand how it seems a little flat considering this ending doesn't impact other things within the game, to my knowledge. This is more of a personal story ending for Alexios/Kassandra, as opposed to a big game-universe impacting ending. I was disappointed however that (at least in my experience) this ending's parameters didn't impact any of the other content within the game; it would have been nice if the DLCs and/or other endings would reference/change/add options based on what you've done here.
Cult Ending - This one triggers when you've killed ALL of the Cult of Kosmos members and unveiled the "Ghost". This encounter will add even more info and you'll have a major choice to make. It unveils another level of the Cult storyline and touches on some "big picture" stuff about the game world and whatnot.
Staff Ending - This one triggers when you've done all of the tasks to seal the Gate that Pythagoras asks. This will unveil some big picture / present day stuff too.

Just letting you know in case you didn't finish them all - I've talked to a few people who felt things were especially lacking when they only did the Family ending. Even after you see all 3, the story is still a little "up in the air", but this is somewhat directly related to the DLC - especially the Atlantis DLC. If you can bring yourself to give the DLC a try, it may be worth it as at least in theory it should fix some of your disappointments mentioned.

Legacy of the First Blade DLC - besides mixing things up and giving you more stuff to do (enemy types, boss fights) and a new storyline, this DLC likely has the most emotional depth potential in the game. The new characters, allies and enemies both, are pretty well crafted and the flow of the missions allows for the growth of the storyline.
Atlantis DLC - This is the largest one, offering new maps, gameplay mechanics, enemy types etc.. and more. If you liked stirring shit up and having threatening enemies coming after you, this is definitely turned up here! Lots of changes including new mods to your skills to unlock and more. Storylines vary between 3 distinct areas and each one has a unique lore that is heavy with myth, meeting gods and goddesses, among others; there are even some surprises and elements that refer back to the main storyline/game world. As far as the present day storyline, Atlantis heavily focuses on this , setting the stage looking forward to the next AC title.

So between First Blade's cohesive and well crafted storyline, and Atlantis turning everything up a notch both in story and mechanics, it may be worth playing again if you were looking for more. Then again, clearing the main game itself with any degree of completeness is a long, long road and sometimes quite a tiring one at that, so you may need a break.

Story was still weak for all the endings, and drawn out with so many repetitive tasks. I actually did all of them even though I thought the game was bad, just to see if it did get better. First Blade was just more of the same, the story didn't seem convincing at all. Was it more present than the main game? Yes, but very dull. Atlantis DLC was boring with the exception of the first area. That gave you some choice when playing, but the game did a terrible job of communicating what and when you were going to make a decision that affected the story. Atlantis itself was probably the most barren of the bunch, very plain and empty world. Which is saddening and disappointing because you'd think they would put the most effort onto it.

But yes, if only do the family ending the story will feel very incomplete. But it would be hard to miss. But I assume for people who play this over many weeks span (the game is very long) it can be very easy to forget about the whole Cult subplot.

Story was still weak for all the endings, and drawn out with so many repetitive tasks. I actually did all of them even though I thought the game was bad, just to see if it did get better. First Blade was just more of the same, the story didn't seem convincing at all. Was it more present than the main game? Yes, but very dull. Atlantis DLC was boring with the exception of the first area. That gave you some choice when playing, but the game did a terrible job of communicating what and when you were going to make a decision that affected the story. Atlantis itself was probably the most barren of the bunch, very plain and empty world. Which is saddening and disappointing because you'd think they would put the most effort onto it.

But yes, if only do the family ending the story will feel very incomplete. But it would be hard to miss. But I assume for people who play this over many weeks span (the game is very long) it can be very easy to forget about the whole Cult subplot.
Weeks? I have been playing it since last June.

Weeks? I have been playing it since last June.
I put in 800 hours from October 5th, launch day through June, although I beat the game multiple times on separate characters and NG+. Still never got around to Chapters 2 or 3 of Atlantis, my no fast travel character still just waiting to be finished. I'll get there someday. lol

I put in 800 hours from October 5th, launch day through June, although I beat the game multiple times on separate characters and NG+. Still never got around to Chapters 2 or 3 of Atlantis, my no fast travel character still just waiting to be finished. I'll get there someday. lol

If you put 800 hours into it, you should get onto it. Kind of rounds out the story.

All I can say about the Ezio set is FINALLY.
It's the game's first (and only) Legacy set, should be interesting to see how they implement it. Also, it's free.

v8hygm3cn2m41.png

nVzV3uq.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone who still plays this, there's a CE script to automatically add all of the e-shop packs to your inventory.
It seems to be missing the 3 most recent ones, though.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GFs9YcYPumnuheCLfU0oOWkPk7rgtAB-/view

Been playing for 3 weeks now. Currently level 58 and 70% complete. Trying to enjoy and just take my time and not think about it just being a grind. I do like this game though. I bought both this and Origins on sale.... What's the packs do btw? Sorry for the noob question

Been playing for 3 weeks now. Currently level 58 and 70% complete. Trying to enjoy and just take my time and not think about it just being a grind. I do like this game though. I bought both this and Origins on sale.... What's the packs do btw? Sorry for the noob question
If you press 'T' from most of the menus it will open the in-game store. The packs are the "Gear Packs" listed in the shop.

Some of the items are over-powered, the engravings in particular. The game wasn't designed for you to have ALL of them so it will make your character strong if you use them. They are good for the transmog (change appearance) option if you just want to customize your look.

If you press 'T' from most of the menus it will open the in-game store. The packs are the "Gear Packs" listed in the shop.

Some of the items are over-powered, the engravings in particular. The game wasn't designed for you to have ALL of them so it will make your character strong if you use them. They are good for the transmog (change appearance) option if you just want to customize your look.
Thanks for the info bro!

I believe I'm getting close to 100%ing AC Odyssey and all its expansions... couple of questions for those who may have already come across what I've found. All are for playing on PC by the way, and may contain spoilers up to and including Expansions.

First, a word of caution to anyone who is playing the Lost Tales of Greece. There is one of them named "Old Flames Burn Brighter". This isn't a bad quest, but it does have a romance component, potentially. Those who want the story to make narrative sense, especially those who choose to actually romance their partner during the Legacy of the First Blade DLC Expansion,, it is important to finish Old Flames BEFORE playing Legacy of the First Blade. For reasons that should be apparent to anyone who finished Legacy completely (especially if they chose romantic connection vs obligation), it seems really incredibly out of character for the Eagle Bearer to be romancing others afterward. If you went with the cold obligation path thats different I suppose, but all of the various quests, including the Lost Tales "Old Flames Burn Brighter" that offer a chance for romantic connection, etc...its better to do those BEFORE playing Legacy.

Next, has anyone noticed that in the Atlantis DLC expansion that Isu-style enemies do NOT "count" towards kills for unlocking weapon engravings? Many weapon engravings (among other engravings if you've not mastered them by this point) require killing a certain amount of enemies and it seems like Isu soldiers just don't count! This seems like a tremendous oversight. Going back to the old world and killing other types of "regular" enemies (Spartans, Athenians, predatory animals etc) and you're fine. Heck, those few times you need to expressively kill "humans" or animals in Atlantis they seem to count, but not all the Isu soldiers. Seems a major bug or issue. Anyone notice this as well?

When going to Atlantis (all 3 chapters, but particularly even up to Chapter 3 where you go to Atlantis proper during its heyday, as opposed to Elysium and the Underworld) did anyone find a "better" armor/equipment set to use vs the original end of "Family" quest, "Demigod's Set" (ie What Deimos wears more or less?). between its set bonus and general stats, I've not found any better sets/equipment so far. By the time you were in Atlantis, what armor were you using? Epic individual pieces if randomized to be good for you? A Legendary set? If so, which Set? Also, what engravings did you choose? All Legendary engravings of various kinds? Common engravings maxed level (ie Assassin, Warrior, Hunter damage etc.). I've been curious if its worth it to do "general" Assassin/Warrior/Hunter +dmg , or if its better to where possible do "+Damage to Isu" when maxed out?

Lastly, in Atlantis you are given the opportunity to craft legendary Isu weapons in the Forge of Atlantis! If you find the materials, you can make one Mace, one Spear, and one Dagger. Each of these can be chosen from a playstyle focus, Hunter, Warrior, or Assassin. Which items did you choose? Did you make them all the same for one playstyle (ie Hunter Mace, Hunter Spear, Hunter Dagger) or did you spread things out? It seems like each one is a little different.

Mace - Each one is +TYPE dmg and +HeavyBlunt dmg, but then it gets a little more interesting. Its either Assassin = "Assassin Damage applies to nearby enemies" , Warrior = "Melee Damage applies to nearby enemies" and Hunter = "Basic Arrows Damage applies to nearby enemies". It seems like the Hunter option is less desirable if it means that special arrows, or Hunter ability damage doesn't become area wide. Or is that not the case? For the Warrior, it seems that "Melee Damage" would mean all kinds of melee attacks of any type, including both basic strikes, and any melee-range abilities? Assassin too looks curious as this means all Assassin damage, so things like Critical Assassinations, Rush Assassinations, any Assassin abilities like poison or Hero Strike etc... should all affect nearby enemies?

Spear - Each one is +TYPE and +Spear dmg, but each becomes potentially a BIG bonus. Each variant chooses its main type and essentially makes it so "Convert 50% TYPE dmg bonuses to ALL dmg". Thus, it seems like a major bonus for those who stack one particular kind of gear/bonus/outfit. ? Which did you choose?

Dagger - Each one is +TYPE and +Dagger dmg, but then has their own specific benefit. Each variant, similar to above, chooses its main type and sets it as "Reduce all cooldowns by 10% on TYPE Ability kill". I guess it depends on what abilities you use to kill most often? As far as caring about cooldowns, it would seem that Warrior is most likely, as you're using those abilities frequently to kill enemies when cooldowns matter. I suppose Hunter could work as well, if you're the kind who uses archery actually IN battle itself. Assassin seems to depend on things like Hero Strike, maybe the enhanced Vanish etc... but overall I'm not sure it leads to as many kills here (things like Critical Assassinate may not count and Rush Assassinate is only to initiate combat). Your choice?

Thanks!

Next game is being announced (slowly...)

There are drops available, if you connect your Twitch to Ubisoft acc's, you can get an "in-game reward in the next AC".
https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/faqs/000054419

You need to either answer 10 correct trivia questions on the stream, or watch it for 2.5 hrs.

Update: Leaked title is Assassin's Creed: Valhalla based on domain registration made by Ubisoft today.

Last edited:
So what's already been rumored for a while now.

It will be interesting, but i'm wishing they'd get back to a time in history with bigger cities and architecture.

This confirms the long rumored "Viking age / Norse mythology" setting. I'm curious if it will actually be subtitled "Valhalla" or if say.. that's a name for a potential expansion much like how "Elysium " "Hades" and "Atlantis" were for Odyssey. There's a long standing anonymous leaker who seems to be validated by the setting confirmation, but as I recall they thought that "Ragnarok" may be in the name instead. I guess we'll see in time how correct they were on this or any other predictions... I'll see if I have the screencap of it around here somewhere.

Speculation that the game has character creation now, since the character is back-facing and shadowy in the artwork. Or maybe they are just hiding him for a future reveal.

Back