Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

That damn pig will eat you for breakfast until you're up near level 30. At least I couldn't do it until then. Fucking farts.

Just started Odyssey after finishing Origins. Since Bayek was so OP in Origins I went Hard difficulty with Exploration mode in Odyssey and have been having a great time. At level 14 it's still not all that difficult though I have been killed 2 or 3 times by mercs (but killed like 8 so far) and that damn pig is impossible at the moment. I've not been really wanting for gold or resources yet as I just use the Blacksmith to upgrade my best gear every couple of levels until I find something better (what I did in Origins). I'm not a fan of the ship gameplay but it does feel pretty epic when you leave the starter island and hit the sea and the graphics are beautiful.

That pig was damn near impossible to kill even with engraved gear all leveled up. I think I skipped it after a few tries and came back 40 or 50 hours of gameplay later. After killing it I found out that there were about a dozen more of these super duper animals and all had the same gameplay as the hundreds you already killed through the course of the game. Add in the cheap spawning in your face tactics for the regular boars/ lions/whatever and I just couldn't care to finish this quest. I did most of the quests aside from this one and a few of the others that were all copy/paste fetch style quests.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Just started Odyssey after finishing Origins. Since Bayek was so OP in Origins I went Hard difficulty with Exploration mode in Odyssey and have been having a great time. At level 14 it's still not all that difficult though I have been killed 2 or 3 times by mercs (but killed like 8 so far) and that damn pig is impossible at the moment. I've not been really wanting for gold or resources yet as I just use the Blacksmith to upgrade my best gear every couple of levels until I find something better (what I did in Origins). I'm not a fan of the ship gameplay but it does feel pretty epic when you leave the starter island and hit the sea and the graphics are beautiful.

Glad you're enjoying it! With the Legendary Beasts, its helpful to keep your distance if you can - it may not be viable if he's way above your level, but if he's just difficult you can probably if slowly whittle him down. Sometimes depending on the encounter you can be riding your horse but other times the "arena' does not really permit it. I generally ended up overleveling the fights at times, but even when I didn't it was still doable - it just took a long time and proper tactics for each animal. Also, some of these animals have nearby "regular" animals that its helpful to either snipe from outside the boss encounter area (Predator shot here is the godsend) and/or use AOEs (ie Multi Shot, Rain of Death ) to take them down. Like most other animals, its easier to kill them more or less with a bow vs melee! YOu can use various arrow types, Hunter skills, etc.. primarily. Otherwise, it may help to use either Poison or Fire to do additional damage and weaken the animal. Most Assassin abilities won't help here, but if you normally run with the Hero Strike ability it will likely do a good bit of damage. Hope this helps!

Oh by the way, ship gameplay improves over time as you level up your ship equipment and Lt's! Later naval combat can get pretty neat. Naval combat tip for later - If you see any ship that, when you use Ikaros to look at their ship type, is labled as an "Alpha" somehow - it will be a HARD boss level fight but it will drop a special Legendary cosmetic if you can kill it. I suggest boss (Alpha etc) ships along with large ones like Triremes, but if you want to hurry stuff up you can use your battering ram perpendicular to them as the final blow to bisect craft faster - you get less rewards than boarding, but more than regular sinking.

Finally, early on I suggest you go check out your Engraving requirements. Lots of engraving require you to do specific things , some are simple some are more complex, but some you should start working on as early as possible. For instance, the engraving to increase ALL damage, requires you to kill zone Leaders over and over again. There are 5 ranks to unlock of every engraving that's not an elite (ie all the pips on the Left) through events - +All Damage will eventually require you to execute 20+ leaders to go up a single rank! So from the beginning, start killing leaders in every zone that isn't story related, Athens or Sparta etc. Even if you don't flip the zone its worth it. because this will take a LONG time. Tip - Eventually you'll get an ability called "Ghost Arrows of Artemis" - max it out and use it as one of your Hunter abilities (I used Devastating shot until I found Ghost Arrows)it will make killing Leaders UNSEEN easy as pie as it shoots through ANYTHING if your target is in range at least! Note that it will take a LONG time for you to get this ability likely, so until then its a good idea to weaken a zone and hunt down the leader when he's Weakened. Note you want to kill ALL the soldiers around him first and possibly knock him out with non-lethal arrows - if anyone sees you kill (but not knock out) a Leader, you'll instantly get 3 whole bars of Mercenaries set on you!

Any questions I'll do my best. Enjoy, its a great game - I'm clearing it bit by bit myself!

like this
Overall very solid.

I agree. I've not quite gotten there yet as I'm saving it until I finish the main game storyline/content, but everything I read about it suggests it is impressive both in terms of new content/upgrades as well as areas / storytelling / lore. From what I read its worth doing as a true expansion once you're finished with the main game (and first expansion), as it is both level-tagged for a higher level (52+ I think?. I should mention I'm well over 70 and not finished with main yet, but of course it will scale up with me) and will unveil some lore stuff that doesn't make sense or is major spoilers prior to a certain part in the main game.

However, I'm trying to decide if I should do Legacy of the First Blade intermittently as I work the main storyline, or wait until its finished? Thematically, does it work better one way or another? I'm to understand that it takes youj to some of the "lesser used" areas of the normal map (ie Macedonia where it starts, that zone right to the left of Lakonia etc).

like this
Just hit level 44 last night and upgraded the spear to level 5 so I was finally able to spend the 16 points I was saving for the tier 3 talents. Last night I jumped in with the intention of just completing the "find mom" quest and ended up finding the legendary poison and fire bows, getting the last cultist piece for spear level 5, getting the tier 3 talents, killing a witch that had been turning people into pigs, finding an island with an elite named rooster and his posse of chickens that had killed their owner, spent an hour or so sneaking around kicking Spartans off of walls, and also found mom. I am loving this game despite the fact that I still find the ship combat to be tedious and annoying.

To celebrate the 1 year anniversary, Ubisoft has announced a new schedule for epic encounters and they are also planning one more title update...every day for the next five weeks, you'll be able to take down a returning epic mercenary or ship, letting you attempt to fill your collection and finish up everything

Today you'll be able to kill Occylos the Successor..for taking out these enemies, you can expect a larger haul of Orichalcum, increasing your potential earnings per week from 40 to 105, which you can then spend in Sargon's shop...next month, the epic encounters will return to their weekly schedule...

https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/...-month-in-assassins-creed-october-2019-update

like this
I'll have to check which ones are ships since I don't think the on-foot mercs are worth the trouble. I have two concurrent saves that need the skins, ugh.

edit: It alternates weekly, you can tell by the names. All this week is foot. Ships next.

Last edited:
To celebrate the 1 year anniversary, Ubisoft has announced a new schedule for epic encounters and they are also planning one more title update...every day for the next five weeks, you'll be able to take down a returning epic mercenary or ship, letting you attempt to fill your collection and finish up everything

Today you'll be able to kill Occylos the Successor..for taking out these enemies, you can expect a larger haul of Orichalcum, increasing your potential earnings per week from 40 to 105, which you can then spend in Sargon's shop...next month, the epic encounters will return to their weekly schedule...

https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/...-month-in-assassins-creed-october-2019-update
How do I see these in game?

Today's the first day for ship mercs. I completed the quest on my main, but when I switched to my alt it's not on the bounty board. You used to be able to complete it as many times as you wanted but you would only get the orc the first time. Now it looks like it's once and gone. Bummer.

What's the last title update supposed to have? Will they be completing the story? I felt they left us at a cliffhanger

Gotta say that I loved The Hidden Blade DLC. The story was entertaining and the whole, 'you're practically a god, people are worshipping you as one, and we're going to throw everything we have at you to stop you' angle was a lot of fun for me. I'm level 59 now and have 64% completion and something like 78 hours invested now. I still have a handful of the Cult left to take down, killed a couple of Cyclops (Cyclii?), and got the quest to retrieve the items to unlock Atlantis.

On another note I find the lighting engine in this game to be phenomenal. The depth of light and the way it bounces off of surfaces is amazing IMO. I do miss how Bayek's torch in Origins would burn away cobwebs in the tombs though; guess removing it was one of the optimizations they must have made.

What's the last title update supposed to have? Will they be completing the story? I felt they left us at a cliffhanger

Without any spoilers, are you talking about even at the end of both expansion DLCs Hidden Blade and especially Atlantis completed? I'm to understand that Atlantis is essentially made to be played after you completed the main storylines entirely, and is the "real ending" of the game. Kinda the way that in Origins that the "Hidden Ones" expansion especially (Curse of the Pharaohs was great, but a side story of new Apples of Eden) was a direct story-related continuation. So even after you've 100%'ed Atlantis there's still a "cliffhanger" ending? If so, I'm guessing it falls into two categories. 1) The regular Assassin's Creed "Your character can still freeroam the world as they like" cliffhanger after the credits, plus a little hint of something in the game's "real world" lore for the next entry or is it 2) an actual, Alexios / Kassandra's story cliffhanger? . I'd not be at all surprised if it was 1, but 2 would be a little strange. Most AC games end with the in-universe story wrapped up, but the player character able to free-roam and do whatever they like.

Without any spoilers, are you talking about even at the end of both expansion DLCs Hidden Blade and especially Atlantis completed? I'm to understand that Atlantis is essentially made to be played after you completed the main storylines entirely, and is the "real ending" of the game. Kinda the way that in Origins that the "Hidden Ones" expansion especially (Curse of the Pharaohs was great, but a side story of new Apples of Eden) was a direct story-related continuation. So even after you've 100%'ed Atlantis there's still a "cliffhanger" ending? If so, I'm guessing it falls into two categories. 1) The regular Assassin's Creed "Your character can still freeroam the world as they like" cliffhanger after the credits, plus a little hint of something in the game's "real world" lore for the next entry or is it 2) an actual, Alexios / Kassandra's story cliffhanger? . I'd not be at all surprised if it was 1, but 2 would be a little strange. Most AC games end with the in-universe story wrapped up, but the player character able to free-roam and do whatever they like.

At the end of Atlantis, real world cliffhanger had me irked that I couldn't feel absolute completion & move on. I'm waiting for the final content to complete all quests in ancient Greece & see how it all pans out with the real world.

I'm 190 hours and still exploring the map. I have one region left to finish and then I can go to Athens to start the main quest lines.

I'm 190 hours and still exploring the map. I have one region left to finish and then I can go to Athens to start the main quest lines.
A bit weird to backtrack like that, you're going to be sent to a lot of zones you already cleared. The main quest, "important" side quests, and the DLC will already take you to most of the map. The main quest is forgettable anyway.

I would recommend traveling around and getting all the tombs (for ability points), viewpoints (for bird buffs), and any legendaries you want to grab. It's best to have those as early as possible.

I'm in the Atlantis DLC by using the option to skip the remainder of the base story. I'm only on The Hunted part of the main game. So I've done a few quests in Elysium and wonder is there a quick way to get into the city of Atlantis?

That's probably asking too much of quick access options or workarounds. I can always finish the Elysium and Torment parts then finally get the Family's Legacy quest to open the doors to the city of Atlantis.

Nope you just have to complete the main quest of chapters 1 and 2 and the 3rd opens. Each one has its own map.

I'm in the Atlantis DLC by using the option to skip the remainder of the base story. I'm only on The Hunted part of the main game. So I've done a few quests in Elysium and wonder is there a quick way to get into the city of Atlantis?

That's probably asking too much of quick access options or workarounds. I can always finish the Elysium and Torment parts then finally get the Family's Legacy quest to open the doors to the city of Atlantis.

No. Elysium is the longest part, around 14-15 hours. Torment and Atlantis are shorter at around 8-9 hours each. I know you might be wanting to skip to Atlantis as I did, but prepare to be disappointed. It was fairly terrible. Very bland, boring, and by the time you get there you would have already done the same few quests dozens of times over part 1 and 2 of the DLC. Elysium was so disjointed and made zero sense from a story perspective but you can tell that they at least tried to make the story have different branches but somewhere along the line they dropped that through development. Part 2 and 3 are more straight forward, but just utterly boring. There isn't anything interesting to see or do in Atlantis. There are some red zones to clear out enemies in and some junk on the ground to loot by running up to it and pressing Y (or whatever the button was) but that is about it.

I know you might be wanting to skip to Atlantis as I did, but prepare to be disappointed. It was fairly terrible. Very bland, boring, and by the time you get there you would have already done the same few quests dozens of times over part 1 and 2 of the DLC.
I go crazy for most things Atlantis in pc games going back to the various adventure games of Atlantis in the 90's. But I've been warned about part 3 and the worst that could happen is I'll get upset and throw a hammer into my big monitor and be out $900. I can see somewhat of boring in YouTube videos of the city - maybe too much white in Atlantis and repetitive structure shapes? I'll find out in less than a day.

I go crazy for most things Atlantis in pc games going back to the various adventure games of Atlantis in the 90's. But I've been warned about part 3 and the worst that could happen is I'll get upset and throw a hammer into my big monitor and be out $900. I can see somewhat of boring in YouTube videos of the city - maybe too much white in Atlantis and repetitive structure shapes? I'll find out in less than a day.

Really the quest design, or lack of it, and the same repeating side quests kill it. There isn't much to see or do at all. Just weaken the power by taking out enemy encampments, then progress the story missions (which are practically the same). There was a bit to the story but it didn't make much sense and was forgettable. There was a boss fight but I forgot how it went down because again, 90% of the DLC just melds together into one giant repeating side quest. Outside of the visual setting the three parts play exactly the same.

I’ve been out of the loop on this game, haven’t played in months. I just watched some videos on the Atlantis DLC, holy shit it looks pretty good. It’s on sale right now too. I might have to pick it up. How’s everyone liking it?

tenor.gif

I still found Atlantis enjoyable to explore

it's one of the best singleplayer games of all time
Lets not get too carried away here, it isn't even the best AC game. Odyssey suffers from a lot of unnecessary bloat, copy pasted assets and unnecessarily large yet barren areas. Even congested cities/villages can feel "barren" because they are just copy/pasted assets over and over with no real gameplay value other than to pad size and gameplay time to the game. Almost as if the devs needed to prove to the shareholders that "its the biggest game ever".

It is a good game. A great game even. But it's also the Ubisoft open world formula pushed to max capacity, the personification of quantity over quality. It's a jack of all trades game - it does well in all areas but doesn't feel like it excels at any (except from technological points like visuals/level streaming etc, no doubt the tech behind the game is phenomenal).

It isn't even an assassination game anymore, the gameplay is closer to "Witcher lite" than older titles in the series (from AC1 to Syndicate) which you felt like an Assassin, instead of "go grind for a few hours to level up so you can kill this guy in 10 hits instead of 30".

I hope this post isn't too negative. There is a lot to love about this game, you can get many hours of enjoyment from it if you don't mind the ubisoft open world formula, but it definitely is no where close to being on of the best sp games of all time.

I like Odyssey a lot, but it's no where near the best open world single player games. Both GTA5 and RDR2 which are modern Rockstar games I think are FAR better. Witcher 3 of course is also a far better game, and honestly even with all the issues I'd rate Skyrim / Fallout3/NV/4 higher as well.

The key problem with Odyssey is the grind, and largely the simplicity of how situations are resolved. They've removed the more sophisticated stealth aspects of the game.

Now, it's still a great game, and I enjoyed it, but it's not even in my top 10 for the best open world games of all time. My personal favorite at this point is easily RDR2 for reasons to numerous to explain.

Lets not get too carried away here, it isn't even the best AC game. Odyssey suffers from a lot of unnecessary bloat, copy pasted assets and unnecessarily large yet barren areas. Even congested cities/villages can feel "barren" because they are just copy/pasted assets over and over with no real gameplay value other than to pad size and gameplay time to the game. Almost as if the devs needed to prove to the shareholders that "its the biggest game ever".
I have to disagree here adding size does not hurt the game, it adds to the sense of scope, even if you don't have a mission in every house. That's exactly the point to make the environment feel it is not there for the player's benefit only. And Odyssey did this right. I had no problem with the map size because it felt natural, and it didn't have blatant re-uses of content like Oblivion or Mass Effect 1. Re-using individual house models is not a problem, re using an entire map layout is.

It is a good game. A great game even. But it's also the Ubisoft open world formula pushed to max capacity, the personification of quantity over quality. It's a jack of all trades game - it does well in all areas but doesn't feel like it excels at any (except from technological points like visuals/level streaming etc, no doubt the tech behind the game is phenomenal).
I never felt a lack of quality during playing the game, every part of the world is detailed and looks great, so I don't know where do you see this lack of quality.

The issue is the grind, that there are tons of pointless quests killing insignificant commanders and looting bases, because you must. I don't mind looting bases and killing commanders, but I mind being forced to loot the same base a dozen times to level up so I can do the actual story quest that matters.

I spent at least half the time I played the game on mass murdering and cleaning bases, collecting stuff just to gain xp, and not because I wanted to. Thankfully the fighting in the game is fun so I didn't get bored or annoyed with it overly otherwise I'd have put down the game before finishing it. But I still haven't mustered the strength to get back into it and play the expansions.

adding size does not hurt the game
Yes it can, when for every 10 hours you play, you've spent 2-3 hours walking/running/swimming/climbing/riding/rowing from point A to point B, often through barren, empty content. Sure every now and then I enjoy taking in the atmosphere and visuals in a game like this, but it should be optional at the players choice, not mandatory because the map is so large.

(They did eventually patch in more fast travel points, but for those who played the game before that it was quite annoying. Still kinda is) Maybe if every fort you complete became a fast travel point that might be an ok compromise.

Last edited:
I like Odyssey a lot, but it's no where near the best open world single player games. Both GTA5 and RDR2 which are modern Rockstar games I think are FAR better. Witcher 3 of course is also a far better game, and honestly even with all the issues I'd rate Skyrim / Fallout3/NV/4 higher as well.

Witcher 3 has better writing but the gameplay is pretty barebones. I only put about 10 hours into GTAV before I stopped and RDR2 is so jank that I couldn't stand it. Fallout 4 is completely unfun for some reason although 3 was amazing at the time. Odyssey is probably my favorite open world game so far and just ahead of Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind which all have issues with combat among other things. I think that that's the main problem with open world games; most of them just feel jank to the core. Origins and Odyssey were pretty amazing in regards to how smoothly everything works. I really enjoyed both of them though I hated Black Flag for some reason (I think it was the ships; they were my most disliked parts of Origins and Odyssey as well) and haven't played any of the others other than the original assassin games: 1,2, and Brotherhood.

Yes it can, when for every 10 hours you play, you've spent 2-3 hours walking/running/swimming/climbing/riding/rowing from point A to point B, often through barren, empty content. Sure every now and then I enjoy taking in the atmosphere and visuals in a game like this, but it should be optional at the players choice, not mandatory because the map is so large.

(They did eventually patch in more fast travel points, but for those who played the game before that it was quite annoying. Still kinda is) Maybe if every fort you complete became a fast travel point that might be an ok compromise.
I played the game before any patch and I didn't even use fast travel for like 10 hours at least. I enjoyed exploring the scenery. I had a problem avoiding forts and camps, not the opposite when traversing the land.
Don't like to explore that's fine, but I like it, so we are at an impasse. I don't mind more fast travel points that I don't use, but don't tell me the map needs to be smaller, it really doesn't.

It really is quite an excellent game - though I admit there are a few rough edges (I personally disliked the ability setup where there's 1 deck for Ranged/Bow of 4 abilities, + 1 deck of 4 abilities for Melee/Everything Else w/ +1 more deck to unlock later on - It seemed they could have made it so that players could use all abilities situational, or at least more than we had. There were many abilities that were neat, but not "worth" a slot of their own later on in the game, and others that should have at least been in separate "Assassin ability only / non-combat / buffs" type deck at very least) . I'd like to talk a bit about the chronologies, endings of the main quest, and expansions, but before that a couple of stat questions for players in the know

What's the difference between the (often Gold) engravings for +15% Ability Damage (Hunter, Warrior, or Assassin), vs the just standard Assassin/Warrior/Hunter Damage engravings? Is it worth it somehow for instance, to put +15 Ability Damage (the Gold helm engravings) vs just 20% Damage in that type? I figured there had to be a multiplier or something to make the Gold engraving worth it. When it comes to engravings and stat builds, what did you find most useful? Overall for me, I figured the only "normal" engravings worth leveling for general use were the Assassin/Warrior/Hunter damage types, the "All" damage type (which is a huge pain in the butt thanks to having to kill so many Leaders to unlock each level), and then the various "gold" engravings. I'm told that the "30% Armor Penetration" is supposed one of the best as it ends up being a global increase in damage? What other engravings did you find most useful for a "general/balanced" playstyle and did you have any specific, very focused builds instead?

Regarding the plot -
As we know, of the main game itself there are 3 main quest lines and thus 3 endings for them - the "Family/Main Quest" ending, the Atlantean Artifacts/Pythagoras ending, and the Cult Ending. Then of course there are the two expansion DLCs, Legacy of the First Blade and Atlantis

Its my understanding that the proper ending for the main game's endings is Family/Main Quest is first - as it sticks primarily to Greece-era timeline and sums up that story. Pythagoras is next because it offers more info on the larger world and has a "present day / Layla" element that offers big spoilers (note: Don't forget to walk to the left and right anterooms of the Atlantean Vault - there's more story stuff there easily missed!) , with the Cult ending last as it "spoils/includes stuff" from the Pythagoras ending and overall sums things, though perhaps some could make an argument for flipping Cult / Pythagoras? Ultimately, though with Cult at the last, there's a BIG choice to be made when your hero finally goes meets the Ghost of Kosmos.. and things are not as they appear to be! After the Ghost explains things, you essentially have to decide to leave them be or to kill them. Both in real world history (given how long the character lived) and theoretically in the game lineage, it seems that leaving them alive may be the canon/best thing to do? Furthermore, there's a lot more detail and conversation about the path regarding leaving them alive, vs being aggressive and going to kill them . Then again, if you remember one of the attributes of the Ghost is "They Lie" - this may be related to the crap they told the other Sages after the Ghost "displaced", but it could also mean they were lying to the Alex/Kass at the final conversation. Then again, there's a lot more conversation and info that seems to be pushing toward leaving them alive, where if you choose to end them its a very quick conversation - the Ghost doesn't reveal any evil plan or change their face so to speak to taunt you before dying, they just accuse you of not thinking things through clearly. What did you do? Did you leave them alive (either via the kiss or just walking away) or did you kill them?

Most importantly, I've not played through either of the expansions yet but I am curious - does your choice with the Ghost come up again in either expansion? Does anything change leaving them alive or letting them die?

On the expansions themselves, I'm just in the first part of First Blade, which I am to understand take place thematically before finishing the Family and/or Cult endings? I read somewhere that the latter 2 episodes of First Blade expansion take place after the end of Family and maybe Pythagoras/Cult too? However, apparently what happens to you during the Family ending, such as who is alive, does not seem to impact the First Blade etc? Atlantis I am to understand happens after everything else in the main game and First Blade ? Does Atlantis (or for that matter First Blade) have any paths/quests/endings affected by your choices in either the main game or First Blade expansion? In any case I'm curious to see what both of the expansions have in store. Thanks!

I just completed Atlantis. Level 82, no more quests left (other than the bulletin boards that I never really used) and have 4 achievements left that I'm not sure I'll worry about. I enjoyed it the whole time and it's probably my favorite open world game so far. I really enjoyed the progression from unknown mercenary to demi-god and the Hidden Blade storyline/events and later the Atlantis stuff really went with that. The enemy level matching kind of throws that whole thing out of whack but it does keep the game from becoming too much of a faceroll.

The gold engravings are generally more powerful and as such don't stack. In every loadout I'd have the +25% Damage on Elites/Bosses and +35% armor pen engravings.

Once I started to make use of the Loadout feature I barely changed anything and just kept upgrading the most important stuff. I basically went with:

Loadout 1) Assassin - Pirate Armor Set + Atlantis Dagger + 2x damage/25% health max spear + assassin damage and ability upgrade engravings on everything. - Can 1-shot crit assassinate any non-boss.
Loadout 2) Fire Warrior - Agamemnon's Armor Set + Prometheus' Sword + some axe with good fire/warrior stats + a good bow with fire damage and the fire arrow enchant + fire and warrior engravings on everything. - Melts everything and the increased Fire damage/dot really helps versus bosses.
Loadout 3) Hunter - Some hunter armor set + my highest damage bow with a bunch of hunter damage and engravings. - Basically never used it as L1 + L2 were always enough and the L2 fire dot

Basically I'd always be in L1 and then if I were spotted I'd switch to L2 and blow everything up around me. Switching off of that spear would leave me with only 25% HP but overpower attacks would heal so I'd just have to remember to do that quickly so I didn't get mowed down right away. This was with playing on Hard difficulty.

Something that I found humorous is that I didn't realize that they added a whole new section to the Ability screen that allows you to spend your ability points to upgrade your character stats until I was 9/10s of the way though Atlantis.

Last edited:
The world cyclops bosses are like 30 or 40 something. "Max level" (100) takes over 100 hours probably.
Content stops unlocking at level 50. Everything beyond that is padding for ability points.

My ~400hr toon with the XP boost is Mastery level 160 (100 + 160).

That video is pretty old and iss from when the levels were capped at 50. You'll blow right through that now that it's been raised.

I didn't bite and get the gold version with the Atlantis DLC but I got the regular version anyway.
Considering I never got that far with Origins maybe level 24 maybe I'll like this anvil next version better.
The visuals are good for the series but it just wasn't very immersive but then again it's just a game.
Part of my problem with these game is the excessive running around to get from point A to point B.
I know you can fast travel later on but the initial finding the fast travel points was boring.

Back