Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

The only part I was talk about was G-sync the meaning of it in English it would be cheaper to buy a 43' TV and OC your card than to buy a G-sync monitor hype.

I have nothing to prove to you and this is not a debate on this thread it ACO

El oh El. You're the one that brought it up! G-Sync and freesync ain't hype.

Can we get back on the Odyssey game please! this debate is getting boring now

Last edited:
Wow, getting the fire weapons is like turning on easy mode. poison was good but not like fire. Took out a crew of 4 heavies and medusa that were all 5 levels higher - with 2 power shots.

I play on hard do anyone use the Nightmare mode? the fire weapon are very good to take on enemies higher level than yourself.

As long as you're gearing and skilling up properly, the game gets a lot easier as it progresses. Eventually Nightmare just feels like Normal mode.
You earn more XP, mats, and gold on Nightmare as well.

I've been using the Fire buff ability, when maxed out it has no cooldown. Didn't want to waste a weapon engraving.

As long as you're gearing and skilling up properly, the game gets a lot easier as it progresses. Eventually Nightmare just feels like Normal mode.
You earn more XP, mats, and gold on Nightmare as well.

I've been using the Fire buff ability, when maxed out it has no cooldown. Didn't want to waste a weapon engraving.
Yes, as you progress the game gets easier and easier. Especially arrows get way overpowered. At least compared to regular fighting. Still the levelling in the game is annoying the way it is implemented. That enemies just two levels above you are barely hurt by your regular attacks. Now I'm in an area, where it is all out of order. Some enemies are the same level as me, and others 5 levels above. In one fort even. I don't know what's going on.

My best screen so far.

GU29Dvr.png

I just had a weird bug or something. Was fighting guys at a camp. least 7 dudes around. I kill 3 and then the other 4, one by one, just go 'AHH' and fall over dead for absolutely no reason....thanks i guess.

For anyone who wants to save scum gear:
Go to a small town in the middle of the main island called Tegea. There are 2 blacksmiths about 50m apart. Stand next to one, and do a quick save. You can then check both blacksmiths, and then quick load, and their stock resets. So you can check them over and over, reloading each time. Blacksmiths items are generated only when you open them, so you can keep reloading and their stock resets. Once you buy something (and then save), their stock will be locked in until reset about 24h later.

It works on all blacksmiths but Tegea has two closest together.

Honestly the cultists drop such good gear that I haven't had any gear issues as I level up. Not to mention when you complete a lineup/group of cultists the game re-levels all the gear to your current level.

Not to mention when you complete a lineup/group of cultists the game re-levels all the gear to your current level.
You mean all the gear in your inventory or what? Had I known that I wouldn't have thrown away 99% of equipment.

It's just impossible to keep even one set of armor and weapons on your level. It's so expensive to upgrade.

You mean all the gear in your inventory or what? Had I known that I wouldn't have thrown away 99% of equipment.

It's just impossible to keep even one set of armor and weapons on your level. It's so expensive to upgrade.

Not all the gear in inventory - But the gear specific to that 'line'. So for instance that snake clothing that is part of the first line most people complete - When you kill that final cultist lady in the inner ring connected to that line all the gear of that set you have in inventory gets upgraded to your current level.

So yes - Hold onto all legendary gear.

As for inventory issues - The boat has a locker, and the inventory is so large that I don't find I have issues. I only keep gold/legendary gear though. Everything else gets immediately sold/deconstructed.

Can't stop playing this game send help. I'm like 20 hours into this game and barely scratching the story. Just beat the piss out of the legendary boar.

Also knocking motherfuckers off shit is the most overpowered thing in this game and I've wasted several mercenaries like 5 levels over me by luring them up shit and knocking them off.

also I love 2 handers

Last edited:
Not all the gear in inventory - But the gear specific to that 'line'. So for instance that snake clothing that is part of the first line most people complete - When you kill that final cultist lady in the inner ring connected to that line all the gear of that set you have in inventory gets upgraded to your current level.

So yes - Hold onto all legendary gear.

As for inventory issues - The boat has a locker, and the inventory is so large that I don't find I have issues. I only keep gold/legendary gear though. Everything else gets immediately sold/deconstructed.
I sold and deconstructed all gear, including the legendary gear whenever possible. Besides that's one aspect of the game I don't like. That it forces you to change your wardrobe more often than the models in a fashion show. I found gear that I like the look of I'm sticking with it, no matter what.

It's going to suck if they extend the armor level cap. Imagine having to do that shit forever

This week's live event just started. Check your bounty board.
It's just "sink a ship" quest, you get 40 orci and a ship skin.

Also, Bayek has been added as a Club Reward ship Lt.

Last edited:
A lot of reddit people dont like kaldaien, but frankly, modders who can improve performance are like nuggets of gold. I'll take anything he can do gladly. Also as a former pirate, I very much dislike how people act all moralizing while stealing, you steal it, just admit it, and live with it. Btw, thanks TaintedSquirrel for all the varied tips, bugs, and general sharing of info you give out. I got the bounty bug as well, glad to hear its not just me.

So, I reached lvl. 48. I've sort of soured on the majority of side quests, which are basically fetch or kill quests, with very little beyond it. Unfortunately, Im having problems figuring out which quests are useless filler, and the more meaty side quests. Theres a lot of filler quests in the game that I don't feel like doing much anymore, so I'm ignoring all the time-based quests on the assumption they are randomly generated and filler. So far i've done two runs of the game from the beginning (never finished through), and I'm about to begin the 3rd.

I want to try and see how the XP and gear drops do with a run of the game focused on main story and meaty side quest completion along with exploration on normal difficulty. Wanna do it along the factor of more role-playing, which would at least appease my annoyance at doing simple tasks with the justification, "I'm a fucking poor mercenary". Also pretty confused about how gear works atm. So far I've been operating under "More numbers" = "Better". With that said, I sorta realized that upgrading gear improved armor/dps stats which also configure into the 3 build numbers so now I'm asking myself if instead of hunting for better gear if the solution was simply to just upgrade gear, and focus on better tier gear with particular bonuses.

Also, anyone figure out whats better for getting the most out of ship battles? Whats the difference between ramming the vessel into the ocean vs boarding it? I know you lose out on chests most of the time if you ram the vessel, but what about boarding? You get the chest contents but you gain less resources (wood mainly) from not ramming correct?

I also spent too much time trying to figure out why the game bugged 3/4 of my health bar away before realizing it was cause of the weapon i had equipped. Story is still great, really enjoy Kassandra as a character. Gonna try to not use fast travel whatsoever, and just rely on manual movement, both to retain my sense of scale, and spend more time in the world. Also the speed limit in cities and towns for horses is pretty annoying to deal with.

Oh anyone suffering from lack of resources, but have tons of drachmae, blacksmiths sell resources. Hold down the keys to accumulate the amount you want to buy faster.

the game is very solid overall, not far from being a perfect game. just it is full of petty annoyances (speed limit in cities and towns for horses, slow Hold down the keys to accumulate the amount you want to buy faster) and the resource gathering is also bullshit.
The story content is solid but the dynamic quests (hourglass, split arrow, many of the bulletin board) are more time wasters. It is more fun/effective to capture forts or travel to conquest battles than to waste time on these types of fetch/kill/deliver quests.
The worst ones are the ones where you have to return to get the reward.

In addition to being the cradle of civilization, ancient greeks were also apparently really good at making rope....

upload_2018-10-23_17-4-58.png

The rabbit hole goes deep. I find it really hard to stop playing the game. I expect to progress in the main story, then I do sidequests for 8 hours straight. Some sidequests are really elaborate and lead to multiple choices and options, and many subquests. And as you go you bump into quest givers and sometimes I just decline, but many of them are "hey that's interesting, I might do that". And I'm almost never disappointed when I Choose to accept a quest. Even if it is a simple fetch or assassination quest, the 'garnish' is good enough to make it worthwhile. Especially when dealing with Sokrates, he says some clever conundrums.

I just find one thing that I dislike narrative wise about the game, that it doesn't allow for a pacifist approach. There is no xp given for sneaking around, or not killing people. On the contrary it's extremely hard to sneak into places, especially when that is the mission, the patrol routes or posts of guards are made so that there is no chance to get in undetected. and without bloodshed Unless you specialized in knock out arrows.

the knock out arrows can only reliably take out scrubs, nothing higher than them. The others take multiple arrows and it is easier to get them down with fire first. And this is with a hunter build.

What's the difference between Legendary, Epic, Rare Weapons and Armor and what the best use!

legendary weapons are probably the best weapons. they also have perks that you can apply to other weapons.
legendary armor is kind of meh, they have a great set buff but less buffs than epic gear so wearing a set kind of sucks
epic gear is your bread and butter. Ideally you want it to have 3 damage related buffs that apply to all enemy types and only one class that you specialize in
I will deconstruct epic gear that applies to 2 classes or specializes in one weapon/group/animals/etc
Other epics you should keep for tuning your build
Rare or common stuff you just sell

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Epic gear has an additional trait over Legendary, but Legendary has a set bonus and unique looks. I don't bother with anything else.

I just run Legendary gear, which means I keep all my golds and scrap everything else (never had an issue with money, just with materials).

Honestly the game has been so easy other than a few bumps at level 9-12 and 27-29 that I don't miss the extra stat from Epic gear and I enjoy the unique looks of the Legendary items. I don't always run a full set either. Playing on nightmare.

like this
I have a piece of epic armor a that gains a percentage of my total armor.

I'm pretty sure I will never replace it because it scales like crazy. Like I put on a piece that would give me 30 and I go up 70 in actuality.

like this
Can't put this fucking game down.

Steam has me at 27 hours and the rest of the map just opened for sailing. Feel like I'm just barely, barely starting to scratch actual plot.

like this
If you trigger Burning on an enemy before they detect you, they will become permanently stunned for the duration. When the burn ends, you can trigger it again and repeat.
Using this you can kill pretty much any high lvl enemy in the game (mercs/cultists, ideally). Just hide in a bush and lob fire arrows.

like this
Great, they re-introduced an issue in 1.0.5 that was fixed in 1.0.3 already. Namely that the desktop colors are messed up after quitting the game. Plus I get some flickering during cutscenes now.

Man. I just do not like the combat mechanics. Pretty game. At least the colors and seemingly textures are a bit better but I doubt I will play it much. Going to try tomb raider or far cry 5 for my single player fix.

Man this game is huge. I expected to be done with it in a few weekends. But now I have half of my two weeks holiday spent and still not at the end. Probably game of the year tho, unless something amazing happens.

like this
As more people are finishing up the game, they seem to be posting a HUGE end game spoiler indiscriminately. Had it spoiled myself and it's a bummer.

Be safe out there.

like this
These YouTube boggers do this to every game on the market they are in competition each other to post it first online, just like selfish Children, YouTube was good ounces a time but not now just too many idols.

Best way is to stay away from YouTube in games IMO

These YouTube boggers do this to every game on the market they are in competition each other to post it first online, just like selfish Children, YouTube was good ounces a time but not now just too many idols.
IMO

dude, you gotta proof read your posts, its real hard to make sense of the stuff you put on here.

Back