Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

yea, got me some girl on girl action!

and holy shit. game performance took an unplayable dump. Got to Kirrah and I'm in single digit FPS. Up til then it was hovering in the constant 50 or so.

Last edited:
I'm having the issue of quests not working again....currently can't complete the "Follow That Boat" quest. Ugh....how does this even happen? Never had this issue in any other game before. The quest doesn't spawn an NPC, doesn't give me any info, just the quest name.

It's Ubisoft, so it's buggy. A game this size you probably want to save a lot. :)
I've rolled back 3 times now (for various reasons) and lost a grand total of 7 playtime hours.

Haven't had many bugs at all really. Do have some mobs just stand there when you attack but not very common though in my game.

Just finished the Eyes of Shadow cultists last night. I have been really enjoying hunting them all down. I also like that they're not all the same scenarios to take them out.

I spent almost 10 minutes swimming from Attika to Argolis because I didn't feel like doing fast travel just to get to my boat, which was AAALLLLLL the way up at the northern side of Euboea.

I spent almost 10 minutes swimming from Attika to Argolis because I didn't feel like doing fast travel just to get to my boat, which was AAALLLLLL the way up at the northern side of Euboea.

You know you can just go to the nearest port and call your boat to it, right? Stupid me, obviously you didn't. A lot easier.

You know you can just go to the nearest port and call your boat to it, right? Stupid me, obviously you didn't. A lot easier.

I actually did know that. I wasn't in Athens, but further south in Attika, hence not wanting to fast travel/sit through loading screen, and figured I'd have been halfway to Argolis by the time I was loaded into/in Athens near dock. 2/10 wouldn't do again, though.

Is there a time limit on Helix credits when to use them!, also what if I start a new game will I lost the lot and the packs that I buy?

Is there a time limit on Helix credits when to use them!, also what if I start a new game will I lost the lot and the packs that I buy?

I don't think there's necessarily a time limit (or if there is, its a long one), but I'm pretty sure that Helix credits for one game don't carry over to another title (ie if you buy lots of Helix credits during Origins, those will be separate from those purchased on Odyssey). As far as starting a new game, I'm to understand that all the items purchased with Helix (with the exceptions of the currency/resource packs that directly give you money/crafting items etcv..) are account-wide. Restart your game, start a new save etc... you'l be able to unlock/claim all your items again including stuff like the XP/Currency boost and Map Icons. I think any exceptions to this specifically state their parameters.

I don't think there's necessarily a time limit (or if there is, its a long one), but I'm pretty sure that Helix credits for one game don't carry over to another title (ie if you buy lots of Helix credits during Origins, those will be separate from those purchased on Odyssey). As far as starting a new game, I'm to understand that all the items purchased with Helix (with the exceptions of the currency/resource packs that directly give you money/crafting items etcv..) are account-wide. Restart your game, start a new save etc... you'l be able to unlock/claim all your items again including stuff like the XP/Currency boost and Map Icons. I think any exceptions to this specifically state their parameters.

Thanks that's good news, yes I just wanted to buy the XP boost also map icons.

yea, got me some girl on girl action!

and holy shit. game performance took an unplayable dump. Got to Kirrah and I'm in single digit FPS. Up til then it was hovering in the constant 50 or so.

Whutttttt......?

I wonder if this is AVX patch related..

Like, are non-first gen cpu people getting a serious fps hit in Kirrah?

any reason to keep purple loot? it gets expensive to maintain. also seems like it is more efficient to just search the vendors and flat out buy new stuff vs upgrading. Level 32, but I imagine it changes after 50

First off, epics (purples) are better than legendary (yellow) set items at the moment. Set items have one of their stats replaced with a unified set bonus meaning you miss out on 1 stat for each slot.

And it's worth keeping low level purples if they have better stat rolls than higher level ones. In other words if you're level 1 when you "get lucky" and find a purple item with 3 great stats on it, you'll keep it for the entire game.

At the very least, if you can't afford to keep purples upgraded, store them in your ship storage until you can. Don't sell/deconstruct a purple with good stats on it. Ex, I found these pants around level 15. I will probably never replace them.

It's also a good idea to save the best purple you find for each spec in your ship storage. That way if you ever change between the 3 specs you have a full set of gear stored.

Last edited:
I don't keep anything but gold's, yes if your maxing maxing stats purps are decent, but I like the unique look and so far the game is only getting easier so I don't really miss the bonus.

Got a free copy with a new Samsung SSD. Spose I will give it a go now rather than letting it languish in the backlog of shame to see whether it actually stacks up to the praise its getting here.

Bunch of new features coming. Detailed stats page, auto-craft arrows, and it looks like the level cap is removed or raised.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I'm not as much of a gamer anymore but I love the series so I picked it up the other day. I can't even play it :( The game freezes about every 5 minutes on me at random spots, speaking to someone, climbing, in battle, doesn't matter. Its really annoying. I'm running this on the rig in my sig; however, I am using my 4k tv right now as I just had knee surgery so playing at a desk isn't an option. I've tried the past 3 drivers with the same issue. Did some searching but everyone else' crashing issues seem to be at startup or not near as frequent as mine. Would really just like to play the fucking game. I've tried a few fixes that I've seen like turning off MFAA but nothing has helped. Thoughts?

Reinstall the game. Maybe even wipe Ubisoft entirely and start over.
Yeah reinstalled the game and Ubisoft twice. Bout to go the nuclear option and reinstall windows and start from scratch lol. Just games on here that I dont currently play. Its been buggy ever since I did the 1803 update.

Yeah. It well could be windows. I have been lucky. Some minor glitches bit nothing game breaking.

Yeah reinstalled the game and Ubisoft twice. Bout to go the nuclear option and reinstall windows and start from scratch lol. Just games on here that I dont currently play. Its been buggy ever since I did the 1803 update.
Have you tried dialling back the OC? Do you use an AVX offset? If the game really uses AVX extensions then that could ruin your day even if the cpu is solid with every other game.

If you have these problems go to forums.ubi.com and make a complaint, I am on windows 1803 personally I have no problem with the game freezing or any other of my games @ 4K with a 1080 TI yes luck me.

If you have these problems go to forums.ubi.com and make a complaint, I am on windows 1803 personally I have no problem with the game freezing or any other of my games @ 4K with a 1080 TI yes luck me.

Only crash I've had with this game was when I tried pushing my overclock on my 1080ti. It's been stable otherwise.

I've had 3 crashes in 120 hours. Once I was getting on my ship and it kicked to desktop.
The other 2 were very similar... After dying and re-loading, I immediately entered combat and the game froze. First was a conquest battle, second was a group of guards attacking me.

Only crash I've had with this game was when I tried pushing my overclock on my 1080ti. It's been stable otherwise.

I never see why we need to push our PC to the max just to get that 10% extra in games that's why I never OC IMO

Have you tried dialling back the OC? Do you use an AVX offset? If the game really uses AVX extensions then that could ruin your day even if the cpu is solid with every other game.
Yep, at this point both cpu and gpu are at factory settings. Reinstalled Windows, installed 411.70 driver (which one is everyone else running?), Steam, and ACOD. Now I'm getting BSOD's with the CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT. I've never had this many issues with a game, beginning to think it is user error but installing a game is a pretty simple tasks. Settings aren't cranked up or anything.

Bout to do just that, this is fucking silly...

I never see why we need to push our PC to the max just to get that 10% extra in games that's why I never OC IMO

When you're running 4K and the difference is between a nasty framerate and a good one - Every bit helps.

Because that 10% can make the difference between playable at max settings and having to dial back. Besides if I purchase something I want to get everything out of it. You don't leave 10% of the jam in the jar either. And it's more like 20% even if you have a cpu from a relatively bad series like my broadwell.

When you're running 4K and the difference is between a nasty framerate and a good one - Every bit helps.

True, but most games only run between 30 - 60hz also monitors and TV's unless you buy G-Sync monitor, but than again it's much cheaper to buy a 43' TV and OC your card,

Because that 10% can make the difference between playable at max settings and having to dial back. Besides if I purchase something I want to get everything out of it. You don't leave 10% of the jam in the jar either. And it's more like 20% even if you have a cpu from a relatively bad series like my broadwell.

First I have nothing against OC only IMO, but some people OC too much and then blame it on the game!

True, but most games only run between 30 - 60hz also monitors and TV's unless you buy G-Sync monitor, but than again it's much cheaper to buy a 43' TV and OC your card,
What?
First I have nothing against OC only IMO, but some people OC too much and then blame it on the game!
Clearly you have something against it. If you're trying to prove that it is worthless this badly.

OC is getting more out of what you have. If I had the money to get the most expensive CPU and the most expensive GPU on the market I'd still OC them. It's not about being cheap, as you suggest.

That's why I wasn't blaming the game for the crash.. In my experience any instability/crashing problems I have are almost always due to an unstable overclock. So I always de-clock first to see if that helps out the crashing issues before blaming the game.

See the specs in my sig?

That motherboard was purchased in late 2009....

THAT'S why you overclock.

- Side note: no crashes thus far on my end using Win7 & 411.70

(1080p, mix of high/vhigh settings, locked at 45fps throughout....)

so people are complaining about resource costs it takes to keep leveling stuff up. so that is being looked at. now that they have gotten their money from the resource boosters and such.

and does anyone know how to make a horse run? running is iffy in this game. usually it is space, but at makes you jump on the saddle and off. shift doesn't seem to work either. just running seems to randomly happen.

i haven't had a single crash yet and both my CPU and video cards are OC'd\

I hgad that one random slowdown in Kirrah but that went away after a repboot.

OC is getting more out of what you have. If I had the money to get the most expensive CPU and the most expensive GPU on the market I'd still OC them. It's not about being cheap, as you suggest.

The only part I was talk about was G-sync the meaning of it in English it would be cheaper to buy a 43' TV and OC your card than to buy a G-sync monitor hype.

Clearly you have something against it. If you're trying to prove that it is worthless this badly.

I have nothing to prove to you and this is not a debate on this thread it ACO

Last edited:
Back