Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

I've been using the mod & it works great. I hope he continues to improve the performance of Odyssey & every game he takes interest in.

Call me crazy, but I really appreciate the things most people take as no big deal. I was just sitting there soaking in the sea. How a live the sea felt. Whales, sharks, dolphins, jelly fish, etc, etc... And the mechanics/physics behind it all. I have been on a small boat with big waves. This was so awesome how you get that feel with your own ship in game. Big ship climbing big waves. Lightening going off all round you during a storm with said waves. That's why I care so much for the advancement of GPU graphics and not settling for "at least it has good game play and that's what counts, could careless about the graphics." This is why graphics/physics are so important. It makes the game feel "alive". Shadow of the Tomb Raider is beautiful too and love it, but it feels static to me compared to this games environment.

I just like graphics in the game and here is my ship just needs more upgrades.
20181013222348.jpg

Last edited:
He's in the wrong for the blacklist, but his mod is completely open source. Those two specific people can remove the blacklist. As for the SteamID check. Remove a single line of code. This seems more like a witch hunt then anything. There is nothing malware or malicious in his mods. When it's not an attempt at mob justice, it seems like he ends up getting himself banned more often due to his attitude than anything else. Even in the topic you linked to it was stated he was banned from the Nier forums due to being an ass. I don't like the guy's attitude, not going to stop me from using his mods though as he seems to be the only one bothering to work on a lot of these games.

To be honest, I can't blame the guy for his attitude considering how many dumbass trolls come at him on the forums. He does great work on games that devs often never consider, and for idiots to shitpost must be really fucking frustrating.

Needs a difficulty level (or two) above Nightmare. It gets to the point where you have to make challenges for yourself.
I think a "No Active skills" playthrough would be fun.

Another heads up: There's a bug that causes mercs to stop hunting you (the bounty system). Unknown fix currently but there are tons of reports on the Ubi forums. It's currently NOT on the known bugs list which means Ubi has even acknowledged it yet!

I suggest manual saving every hour or so and if you notice mercs stop popping up you may have to rollback your save.

Easiest way to check is to get a 5-star bounty, then go raise hell in a fort. (Light the reinforcements brazier)
Keep in mind, bounties don't spawn endlessly, they usually spawn in waves of 3 or 4 and then stop for about half an hour.

You can also watch for the "Bounty Hunter is tracking you" message in the bottom right.

I just got the bug for the first time in my ~80hrs of playing so it's not common.

More info HERE.

Last edited:
These people who make mod/trainers like to cheat in games because they are bad players, and IMO should be banned for life.

This Mod user has been known of putting game altering files between their software. For example, this person took it on themselves to make their software corrupt a pirated copy save files. You can read more herehttps://steamcommunity.com/app/812140/discussions/0/1728711392739385880/
I don't even know what to say to that. So pompous, so-self righteous and, so wrong.

• First what do you care if someone uses trainers for a single player game?
  • Second I'd somewhat shared the sentiment that cheating is stupid before microtransactions, but now when every game is made deliberately grindy to make xp boosters and P2W packages more appealing, it is a natural defense for the player. And I'm really glad that trainers exist to counter the greed of publishers.

Needs a difficulty level (or two) above Nightmare. It gets to the point where you have to make challenges for yourself.
Yeah, the other game had this issue as well. Skills just get way OP, and the spear upgrade makes it so you never run out of adrenaline.

Well actually easy is above nightmare in my experience :p

I was gonna cave last night and grab the XP boost for $10.

But as I go to pay, I notice a tax was added....

Taxing a non-tangeable bullshit item.

Steam doesn't charge tax on games or DLC.

Come on Ubisoft....

Come on Ubisoft....

Why? I find the progression is fine in this game.

Dling now....

Question, is the $10 xp boost really worth it for a LAZY man?

View attachment 111532

Come on Ubisoft....

I think it was linked earlier in this thread - WeMod works just fine?

I don't even know what to say to that. So pompous, so-self righteous and, so wrong.

• First what do you care if someone uses trainers for a single player game?
  • Second I'd somewhat shared the sentiment that cheating is stupid before microtransactions, but now when every game is made deliberately grindy to make xp boosters and P2W packages more appealing, it is a natural defense for the player. And I'm really glad that trainers exist to counter the greed of publishers.

Oh my this debate is over lets get back to game please:)

Last edited:
My game has been poppin in naval - not sure why. For the longest time there was only Athenian ships everywhere. Now I have a 3-way fight with Athens v Sparta v pirates and then bounty hunters coming after me. So impressed how when I sink a ship in coastal waters they are still there and can clearly be seen under water.

My game has been poppin in naval - not sure why. For the longest time there was only Athenian ships everywhere. Now I have a 3-way fight with Athens v Sparta v pirates and then bounty hunters coming after me. So impressed how when I sink a ship in coastal waters they are still there and can clearly be seen under water.

Just pay off the bounty. You must have attacked Sparta and Athenian ships, at one time the Sparta ships got in the way when I attacked two pirates ships they all came for me had to reload a save game and start again.

Last edited:
Just pay off the bounty. You must have attacked Sparta and Athenian ships, at one time the Sparta ships got in the way when I attacked two pirates ships they all came for me had to reload a save game and start again.

I usually farm the bounty hunters for a while and then when I tire of it kill the ones putting the bounty up (or the expensive ones). Was pretty fun actually and had to run a few times.

I keep my bounty maxed out at all times. Spices things up.
Mercs are great for gear and ship captains.

I was wondering why mercs were not chasing after me. Hell I had to initiate combat since the last patch. Thanks!

Did anyone actually kill the right Dione in the twins quest? lol Or was it setup to fail?

It wasn't a bug.
Actually, it was. As they didn't specify that AVX was required when they originally sold the game. It crashing without AVX was a bug. As my system did meet the specified requirements when it was purchased.

Did anyone actually kill the right Dione in the twins quest? lol Or was it setup to fail?

Haven't got that far. I've been messing around, causing mayhem, and baiting mercs far too much to progress past 23 with quests etc.

Getting rushed by 3-5 Mercs every 10 minutes or so really slows down progress but it's (probably) the best part of the game.

My uplay stat says 382 mercs defeated. :)
99% recruited to my ship tho.

I think Ubisoft was confused or something when determining the strength of the cats and boars in the game. Guess none of them have seen footage of leopards eating wild boar.

Keos is fairly overrun with boars. They run around killing everyone.

I think Ubisoft was confused or something when determining the strength of the cats and boars in the game. Guess none of them have seen footage of leopards eating wild boar.

Boars are op in this game.

To be honest, I can't blame the guy for his attitude considering how many dumbass trolls come at him on the forums. He does great work on games that devs often never consider, and for idiots to shitpost must be really fucking frustrating.

why does that guy get so much hate while that other modder, Durante is much more beloved?

I think that means they have some kind of office, or sales center, distribution center, etc, in your state.
They don't tax me here in FL.

Well, yeah, Valve is based in Bellevue.

Just saying, that statement is not necessarily accurate for all of us. ;)

maybe the grind does become real. Hit lvl 9, and its slow going now. I'm also having trouble with other lvl 9 enemies. Like I don't do a lot of damage for whatever reason.

maybe the grind does become real. Hit lvl 9, and its slow going now. I'm also having trouble with other lvl 9 enemies. Like I don't do a lot of damage for whatever reason.

I play mostly on hard - sometimes switch between it and nightmare.

I play all the gold colored side quests, and if a side quest sends me to an area I also clear those out for the XP.

I have had zero issues maintaining the proper level for the areas that the main quests move you through. In fact i'm typically a couple levels higher, but fortunately once you hit the max level for a region it starts scaling with your current level.

Basically i'm not finding there to be XP/leveling issues at all assuming you hit all the gold marked quests.

I've done almost zero of the white randomly generated quests BTW which are also options if you are having XP issues - But like I said, these are not needed at all given the vast amount of XP the gold side quests give you along with the exploration/clearing bonuses.

As for damaging enemies - This is where speccing your character correctly and using the right weapons comes into play. There is a lot more under the hood for damage types / weapon types in this game then it initially lets on.

I play mostly on hard - sometimes switch between it and nightmare.

I play all the gold colored side quests, and if a side quest sends me to an area I also clear those out for the XP.

I have had zero issues maintaining the proper level for the areas that the main quests move you through. In fact i'm typically a couple levels higher, but fortunately once you hit the max level for a region it starts scaling with your current level.

Basically i'm not finding there to be XP/leveling issues at all assuming you hit all the gold marked quests.

I've done almost zero of the white randomly generated quests BTW which are also options if you are having XP issues - But like I said, these are not needed at all given the vast amount of XP the gold side quests give you along with the exploration/clearing bonuses.

As for damaging enemies - This is where speccing your character correctly and using the right weapons comes into play. There is a lot more under the hood for damage types / weapon types in this game then it initially lets on.

yea I was totally missing the message board quest. I started doing those and it helps a lot.

only thing I was n't sure of if those missions swayed you at with particular groups or do just the missions with the arrows do that .

the damage thing then sounds like you need to deal with stupid crap I hate. I don't want to 'spec' to have to do silly things. Makes me think of Division and having to grind gear sets and crap.

yea I was totally missing the message board quest. I started doing those and it helps a lot.

only thing I was n't sure of if those missions swayed you at with particular groups or do just the missions with the arrows do that .

the damage thing then sounds like you need to deal with stupid crap I hate. I don't want to 'spec' to have to do silly things. Makes me think of Division and having to grind gear sets and crap.

I'd suggest just turning down the difficulty if you don't want to deal with that stuff, no harm in doing it.

And while the game has 'factions' the missions you do really have zero impact besides who 'owns' a region - which really means nothing besides what type of dudes you need to kill for those quests.

the factions are athenians or spartans, both are assholes, and you are a merc fighting for either/both sides at once. Once a region is weak enough you can do the final battle and get either 2 or 3 pieces of epic loot. Any faction related missions will cancel but others will remain. you can repeat the entire process if you want. Forts will respawn items but not any of the city chests / to clear activities.

it seems to me that Athenians are weaker than Spartans, I join Athenians in a battle and lost for the first time, normally I join Sparta, but now I just do the side quests came away from the main story,

it seems to me that Athenians are weaker than Spartans, I join Athenians in a battle and lost for the first time, normally I join Sparta, but now I just do the side quests came away from the main story,

Well, each side has different unit types. Sparta has those big ass hole brawler dudes and generally can take more damage. Athens has better ranged dudes, but generally they are easier to defeat since they can't take as much damage.

89h and I still don't have the "Wear full epics" achievement. Gear drops in this game are rough. Maybe it's just the Hunter spec.

Back