Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

I'm playing on hard and i'm into the meat of the game at this point and not having overly difficult situations either. Some of the fights are tough for sure, but they are winnable. The bounty problem is a fairly easy one - Either you pay off the bounty, or you make sure you kill off all the mercenary's that you can in your level range.

I love the open world + mercenary aspect of the game. I had a lvl 29 Mercenary in my area back when I was around lvl 12. It was scary and I had to sneak away from him. Kind of badass how they built that into the game. I also love the combat. The Spartan kick is hilarious and awesome. I've had the chance to kick a few dudes off of cliffs in fights and it's so entertaining lol

Yeah, this is a brilliant game. They’ve taken many great aspects of other open world games and delivered a solid experience.

Sorry you are having a rough time. I don't really understand what the problem is?.
Well that's exactly my problem, that nobody seems to care or understand that my problem is that the game has glitched the difficulty level for me. It is set on easy, but plays like it's on nightmare except for conquest battles, when easy actually kicks in. And apparently to fix the issue I'd have to start a new game from scratch and not touch the difficulty setting during the game.

And no I don't want a badge for it, just want people to stop patronizing me, and being hostile without even reading my initial posts about the game, from before the glitch started.

Well that's exactly my problem, that nobody seems to care or understand that my problem is that the game has glitched the difficulty level for me. It is set on easy, but plays like it's on nightmare except for conquest battles, when easy actually kicks in. And apparently to fix the issue I'd have to start a new game from scratch and not touch the difficulty setting during the game.

And no I don't want a badge for it, just want people to stop patronizing me, and being hostile without even reading my initial posts about the game, from before the glitch started.

Ohh now I see. Sorry man....that sucks. Are you going to keep forging ahead or eventually start a new game? You damn well should get a badge for pushing through it! haha

Curious - have you raised this on the Ubi forums, or with their support?

M76, everything is saved to the cloud on there end. I know it is a pain in the ass, but do a reinstall and see if that fixes it. I have had to do that on games in the past so why not try it?

I lost my black flag save of about 50-60 hours long ago due to a Uplay cloud save glitch, never did go back to that game.

Most people start by googling their issue instead of complaining on a board (one that isn't even you related to ubisoft) instead you appear to be making others do that for you, in my experience you are going to get a bit of patronization. I haven't seen once where you mention you googled this issue yourself. Bugs are a pain, but I always start with Google, not here or any other forum, and if it was an issue to take up with as much fervor as you have on a forum it would be on the Ubi forums.

If it's a bug report it, deal with ubisoft and whatever likely shitty support they have, can't be much worse than steam support.

You are looking for solutions in the wrong place. I doubt any of us have the ability to fix your issue. Best you can get here is sympathy and someone else looking for the solution for you.

I lost my black flag save of about 50-60 hours long ago due to a Uplay cloud save glitch, never did go back to that game.

Most people start by googling their issue instead of complaining on a board (one that isn't even you related to ubisoft) instead you appear to be making others do that for you, in my experience you are going to get a bit of patronization. I haven't seen once where you mention you googled this issue yourself. Bugs are a pain, but I always start with Google, not here or any other forum, and if it was an issue to take up with as much fervor as you have on a forum it would be on the Ubi forums.

If it's a bug report it, deal with ubisoft and whatever likely shitty support they have, can't be much worse than steam support.

You are looking for solutions in the wrong place. I doubt any of us have the ability to fix your issue. Best you can get here is sympathy and someone else looking for the solution for you.

I remember when that bug happened - It's when Uplay implemented cloud saving and they just dumped local saves. I lost my black flag save as well and it pissed me off so much.

well I got completely screwed on this game.

My CPU doesn't support AVS. like I would ever know that and their CPU list is a joke.

First game EVER that I have run into where the CPU isn't allowed to be used to play the game. Amazing. And they assume that people would understand what they have anyway.

My CPU doesn't support AVS. like I would ever know that and their CPU list is a joke.

First game EVER that I have run into where the CPU isn't allowed to be used to play the game. Amazing.

Really?

Supported AMD CPUs at time of release:
AMD FX series: AMD FX-6300 or better
AMD Ryzen series: Ryzen 3 1200 or better

Please note that Phenom processors are not supported.

Supported Intel CPUs at time of release:
Intel 2nd gen: Intel Core i5-2400 or better
Intel 3rd gen: Intel Core i5-3330 or better
Intel 4th gen: Intel Core i3-4430 or better
Intel 6th gen: Intel Core i3-6300 or better
Intel 7th gen: Intel Core i3-7100 or better
Intel 8th gen: Intel Core i3-8100 or better

I'll be honest man, if you're still running a system that doesn't support AVS it's ancient by technology standards at this point.

I get it, CPU's have lasted a long time, but shit - Back in the day a CPU didn't last much more than a couple of years anyways.

First game EVER that I have run into where the CPU isn't allowed to be used to play the game. Amazing. And they assume that people would understand what they have anyway.
Minimum requirements list the i5-2400, which is a Sandy Bridge CPU. The X5675 is a Westmere CPU, one generation older than Sandy Bridge. By that logic I would assume that the X5675 was unsupported despite the fact that it is more powerful.

Minimum requirements list the i5-2400, which is a Sandy Bridge CPU. The X5675 is a Westmere CPU, one generation older than Sandy Bridge. By that logic I would assume that the X5675 was unsupported despite the fact that it is more powerful.

problem is when you preorder and they change the requirements, not that I would even know what AVX was, and then you install and play when y ou can and can't. kind of sucks. they changed them 2 days before release. I didn't even notice until I had to poke around trying to find out why it doesn't work.

even if I had a i something I still wouldn't know what gen it was.

Again, do you think most people know what gen cpu they have or what random extension thing it has?

Last edited:
Really?

Supported AMD CPUs at time of release:
AMD FX series: AMD FX-6300 or better
AMD Ryzen series: Ryzen 3 1200 or better

Please note that Phenom processors are not supported.

Supported Intel CPUs at time of release:
Intel 2nd gen: Intel Core i5-2400 or better
Intel 3rd gen: Intel Core i5-3330 or better
Intel 4th gen: Intel Core i3-4430 or better
Intel 6th gen: Intel Core i3-6300 or better
Intel 7th gen: Intel Core i3-7100 or better
Intel 8th gen: Intel Core i3-8100 or better

I'll be honest man, if you're still running a system that doesn't support AVS it's ancient by technology standards at this point.

I get it, CPU's have lasted a long time, but shit - Back in the day a CPU didn't last much more than a couple of years anyways.

yet it runs everything except this game... even games that just came out.

I get it - But at the end of the day you're running a 7 year old CPU..

I'm not making anyone do anything. I just thought others might have had a similar experience. And I wasn't looking for a solution here. I just shared my experience, I thought that is what the topic is about to discuss it. Instead I got hostile reactions "The game is not hard at all" "You're playing it wrong" and so on.

Dunky has a tendency to take the 0.1% of bugs in a 99.9% stable game, highlight them into a video reel and make it seem like the whole game is like that. He has also faked game bugs in the past (example) - probably because it's what generates hits on his videos.

He's a comic / entertainer, not a reviewer. I could see how his videos could be misleading to someone who doesn't know his shtick though.

Compared to Origins at time of release (or other prior AC games) I've found this game to be fairly polished. It's not Nintendo level polished, but Ubi did a pretty quality job with this title.

Well I can survive any fall but my horse, well lets just say NOT A UNICORN!

Yeeep. I ran across that on the first island. I thought the horse was dead for good and was going "Oh..Oh no. I feel terrible". Then I walked away a few feet, whistled, and the horse magically respawned. Now I no longer care if the horse accidentally jumps off a big cliff.

Only at 4 hours in, the game is an absolute blast to play. Definitely a big improvement over Origins. I'm really looking forward to exploring everywhere that the map has to offer.

Anyone know how to reset quests? Is it even possible? It really bothers me that I can't progress past my story line with the "There is a girl" quest bug. I think that's the name. Every time I load in and try that quest, all of the quest NPCs are dead and I can't interview them. It's the weirdest bug. I'm supposed to investigate the areas for the quest, and the little magnifying glass is over the dead NPCs. All I can do is carry them, so I assume I'm supposed to question them but they are always dead lol

Only at 4 hours in, the game is an absolute blast to play. Definitely a big improvement over Origins. I'm really looking forward to exploring everywhere that the map has to offer.
Just keep in mind that the levelling is very restrictive in the game. So free exploration is kind of hindered by this, if you happen to explore into a higher level area you'll be faced with enemies so strong that they are immune to your attacks and 1 hit kill you. As I found out the hard way when first trying to explore

Just keep in mind that the levelling is very restrictive in the game. So free exploration is kind of hindered by this, if you happen to explore into a higher level area you'll be faced with enemies so strong that they are immune to your attacks and 1 hit kill you. As I found out the hard way when first trying to explore

Sure, there are leveled areas, but i'm finding that there are plenty of areas that are your level as you make your way around the map. If you do all of the gold marked side quests you encounter along the way along with exploration of the properly leveled zones you'll get the experience you need.

Sure, there are leveled areas, but i'm finding that there are plenty of areas that are your level as you make your way around the map. If you do all of the gold marked side quests you encounter along the way along with exploration of the properly leveled zones you'll get the experience you need.
Yes, but that is guided exploration, not free. After doing the tutorial I wanted to go my own merry way, but quickly bounced back. The game is just not designed for truly free exploration.You have to stick to the regions where the main story takes you at any given moment. Of course it is still enjoyable. But I don't see what's the purpose of these restrictive level caps.

Yes, but that is guided exploration, not free. After doing the tutorial I wanted to go my own merry way, but quickly bounced back. The game is just not designed for truly free exploration.You have to stick to the regions where the main story takes you at any given moment. Of course it is still enjoyable. But I don't see what's the purpose of these restrictive level caps.

Yes, it's no Skyrim, but i'd argue the amount of areas you can explore that will be at your level is still quite substantial.

I'm quite familiar with the mechanics from Origins. Not an issue at all for me.

oh look they patched the AVX thing already! it runs!

now I may need to look into upgrading video card. It doesn't support SLI and single 980 doesn't run it that well with maxed graphics at 1080p.

Last edited:
oh look they patched the AVX thing already! it runs!

now I may need to look into upgrading video card. It doesn't support SLI and single 980 doesn't run it that well with maxed graphics at 1080p.

Nice!

Just popped in the new CPU....

(I literally bought Monster Hunter like 5 seconds ago cuz I figured this patch would take a while :( )

It a shame you can't play Kassandra and Alexios in the game like Jacob And Evie Frye, I am doing the story and I choose the Spartans faction but I see on the world map that some of the lands are under Sparta control I haven't travel to these land yet because I am only level 12 if I kill any Spartans in there lands they will make me an enemy how can I solve that problem!, is it possible to switch sides between Athenians or Spartans to control the lands or do you only have one choice of a faction?.

You don't choose sides, there is no consequence. It's literally just "red guys" vs "blue guys". You can choose a side yourself for RP purposes if it makes you feel better.
For conquest battles you should always choose the attacking side, since the reward is higher.

You don't choose sides, there is no consequence. It's literally just "red guys" vs "blue guys". You can choose a side yourself for RP purposes if it makes you feel better.
For conquest battles you should always choose the attacking side, since the reward is higher.

Thank you for that :) Sparta seems to have the higher rewards so far, I have died allots of times more than the Frye family odyssey is the best so far for me IMO

Last edited:
Keep a close eye on your quest lines. Just lost about 3 hours of progress because the main story literally vanished from my log.

Back