Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

I still want to play Origins bad I mean I really want to pick it up but I kinda want the Steam version even though it's on sale at GMG this week the UPLAY version.

I still want to play Origins bad I mean I really want to pick it up but I kinda want the Steam version even though it's on sale at GMG this week the UPLAY version.

Its really worth playing! I just finished the main campaign and pretty near 100%'ed the base game and it is really quite excellent! I'm just starting the first Expansion DLC and it looks great and advances the story too!

Regarding the Steam vs UPlay its your decision of course, but I would advise to just take UPlay if the deal is worth it. Considering that the Steam version requires UPlay (launching a version of UPlay when you launch the game from Steam etc) even if you have the Steam version of UPlay/Ubi titles with some sort of multiplayer etc.. you need to have the friends added on UPlay last I checked. The only real advantage of it is if you are determined to pick up the Steam achievements (replicas of the UPlay achievement from what I can tell, and the UPlay ones you'll get in any case give you UPlay points you can redeem for in-game content.), or Steam Trading Cards, but if that isn't worth the price premium, just grab UPlay keys (not to mention DLC!) which tend to be more numerous and at better discounts.

I can very highly recommend Origins and if you do pick it up and know you like Assassin's Creed and/or open world titles, I would say to definitely get the Gold edition if you find it on sale. I see it on GMG right now for $45 and I'd call that a fantastic price! Its worth playing through the game with all the Gold edition extras such sa the expansions already installed, which (if you have both of them) allows you to level up past the base game max of level 40, all the way to 55 There are other benefits too like being able to upgrade your gear further than otherwise and much more. Gold also means not having to go around buying each individual piece of DLC and most of the content is worth it I'd found.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Assassin's Creed Odyssey: 11 Minutes of Exclusive Mission Gameplay

like this
Assassin's Creed Odyssey: 11 Minutes of Exclusive Mission Gameplay

I always skip time in the game cause when the game gets dark it's dark you meditate and you can play during the day or during the night if the quest requires it.

I always skip time in the game cause when the game gets dark it's dark you meditate and you can play during the day or during the night if the quest requires it.

In Origins, this is done really well. Not just the skipping mechanic (which is a low skill tree ability) but time in general. As you said some quests actually require day or night and say so. However time affects everything. For instance, if you're going after a large military outpost (ie the 2 or especially 3 spear icon variety) going at night means that some guards will be sleeping in their tents and bunks - perhaps even officers! Guards will change shifts as time goes on, path/go on maneuvers, and they will also deal with the bodies of the dead by taking them out of one area to another to clean them/dispose of them etc. I can only hope they do at least this well if not better in Odyssey

Assassin's Creed Odyssey will require more of a time investment than Origins, according to game director Scott Phillips...speaking in the video below to Game Informer, Phillips is asked if the game is about the same length as Origins, and answers "No, much longer."...

Game Informer I used to sub to the magazine until I realized the magazine was rigged because all of the editors favored Mass Effect a few years back they have way too much fun anyway.

I might get this game someone said they are using Assassin Creed origins original assets so I don't know how much they changed it up with Origins it's basically alot of call your horse and fetch quests.

Medusa fight is not what I expected was hoping for clash of the titans style. No bow and arrow and freezing stare not sure if she can turn into stone.

New poster is fantastic.

vwloywckteh11.jpg

Am I seeing things, or they made Kassandra deliberately uglier in that poster?

Even the hairstyle become more 'butch', and more blocky facial features compared to this older one:

assassins-creed-origins-protags.jpg

it just the angle and facial expression throwing you off. hair is the same.

It's been a while since AC won any GOTY. This is the year though. Origins was just the test drive ACOD is going full throttle.

like this
This is really looking better and better - having recently finished Origins and its expansions, I'm glad to see Odyssey takes what was good about it and seems to extend it even further.

(Minor spoiler for Origins) - I really wish they had some sort of "real world" story progress, or even a First Civilization info dump in the Expansions. The period stories in the expansions were great, but it would have been nice to see some progress/connectivity much in the same way there was during the original campaign. I can only hope there will be more in Odyssey.

Is Odyssey set before Origins? Given Hippocrates presence and dated against Origins during the rule of Ptolemy XIII , it seems that Odyssey is several hundred years prior to Origins? I'm curious what they're "going for" here from an Assassin / Hidden One vs Templar / Order of Ancients stand point? Unless they're going to to be showcasing how the Templar-side came to be.. but that may conflict with certain things mentioned in AC III ? I mean, they can always go into First Civilization relics in any historical time period so that's practically a given but I am wondering what they plan to do with the overall storyline and lore. Origins did a good job with this factor especially if you went to every Tomb / Mechanism including the "special" one . I guess we'll see...

Lastly, that physician shown in the Hippocrates video above is wearing the WRONG Caduceus; at least for a Physician. Unless there';s some other historical source that contradicts this of which I'm not aware of, the "two snake, Hermes staff" version is essentially a modern misprint that comes from an Army medical researcher looking for an emblem and picking the wrong one. Nearly all actual Physician organizations use the "single snake/staff Caduceus", the Staff of Aesculapius.

Am I seeing things, or they made Kassandra deliberately uglier in that poster?

Even the hairstyle become more 'butch', and more blocky facial features compared to this older one:

View attachment 98069
Bitch be angry.

Btw I am really wondering if I should play this on PC vs X1X. Need to see if it runs at a constant 30 FPS before I purchase. I love 4K HDR while sitting in my bed on a 65” vs 1440P on a 27” for longer titles.

It's been a while since AC won any GOTY. This is the year though. Origins was just the test drive ACOD is going full throttle.

all the best AC games were based on a very likable hero (like Ezio)...so I'm guessing Odyssey's success will depend on how good Alexios/Kassandra are

I'm loving the direction of this game!

With no Brotherhood and these mythological elements, it's starting to look less and less like an assassins creed game every day. I can understand why some fans are crying foul, but damn if it doesn't look fun as hell.

I'm so sick of Ubisoft's endemic gameplay mechanics, but damn, I'm a sucker for these games and am a huge Greek history buff (although I was hoping for an early Imperial Roman setting). Hopefully the RPG elements spice it up somewhat; really hope they keep the "museum tour" mode that Origins had -- that was a stupendous addition.

Orgins was really great, and I just returned to Unity which is a terrific entry and a huge shame it was overlooked due to PC version issues.

I am pretty stoked for Odyssey. I like the general game play of the AC games, but hate the animus sections. The less that plays into the game the better, in my opinion.

Given what they did with Origins, Odyssey should be pretty cool with the Ancient Greek setting. Although I agree with harmattan about the Roman era for a setting, that would be fantastic.

they did Rome in AC: Brotherhood so they probably don't want to do that again

they did Rome in AC: Brotherhood so they probably don't want to do that again

I don't think the setting was explored nearly enough in an expansion.

Idea: Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus as playable characters. 13th!

Did you play Assassins Creed Origins? This is more of the same which is definitely a good thing.

Yes, and I thought Origins was strangely similar in the "feel" to Dragon Age 2. Almost automated.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey PC Specs and System Requirements Revealed

Minimum Requirements

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: AMD FX 6300 @ 3.8 GHz, Ryzen 3 – 1200, Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.1 GHz
Video: AMD Radeon R9 285 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)
Memory: 8GB RAM
Resolution: 720p
Targeted framerate: 30 FPS
Video Preset: Low
Storage: 46GB available hard drive space
DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers

Recommended Specification
OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, Ryzen 5 - 1400, Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz
Video: AMD Radeon R9 290 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB VRAM or more with Shader Model 5.0) or better – See supported list
Memory: 8GB RAM
Resolution: 1080p
Video Preset: High

Recommended 4K Configuration
Processor: AMD Ryzen 1700X @ 3.8 GHz, Intel Core i7 7700 @ 4.2 GHz
Video: AMD Vega 64, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)
Memory: 16GB RAM
Resolution: 4K
Video Preset: High

https://news.ubisoft.com/article/Assassins-Creed-Odyssey-PC-Specs-and-System-Requirements-Revealed

like this
Season Pass & Post Launch info.

TL;DW
The two story expansions are part of the season pass (paid DLC). Season Pass also includes AC3 + Liberation remaster.

Lost Tales and daily/weekly are part of the base game (free).

s19GSYa.png

Exploration Mode announced.
Seems to disable quest markers, instead you're giving a location hint and you can use the eagle to find it.

I hope then I can ask directions from every bystanding NPC. I don't think self navigation can work in a game, I mean you'd at least need VR to have a sense of direction in a game. I'm skeptical but not ruling it out.

TL;DW
The two story expansions are part of the season pass (paid DLC). Season Pass also includes AC3 + Liberation remaster.

Why AC3? Was one of the weaker ones in the series for me.

TL;DW

View attachment 103757

:spitoutdummy:
UBI installment plan :sleep::beaver:

I'm all for this MMO approach but not sure if I want to sink all that time into another AC game I mean I'm like level 24 in Origins and that took me like 20+ hours and I'm pretty much done with the game in my mind even though I didn't hit 43 or whatever.

Back