Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

no they don't, they are always 2 levels behind except for mercs which can still be like 4 levels above me sometimes. I had killed all the atlantis bosses, except sphinx at or before level 50. Sphinx I just did the questions so no fight needed and I was at like level 60 by then.

I'm so high because I stopped progressing the story when they first wanted you to go to Athens. I ended up going around the entire map going to every single location I was allowed and doing every side mission I could until there was nothing left to do but go to athens. So I didn't even really progress the story until I was past level 50.

It made everything so easy. I could fast travel anywhere and so many support and side quests I would just complete upon talking to the person to get the quest. i still do all support and side quests before any major story quest as they pop up.

I skip all the little non ! point things on the map. I dont do the blue ! either. so all the little BS things scattered around like the message boards or the little hour glass things I don't touch.

Blue !, you mean Lost Tales of Greece? You should do those.

The blue map markers seem to all be long-tailed quests. For instance, the forest hunter women's quest (in northern Phokis) ended up being like 8 smaller quests. You don't necessarily get a ton of items from those, but with so many small quests piled into one, you can rack up the XP quickly. I think some end up being shipmates, too. Other than your family, I don't think you ever get better shipmates than converting bounty hunters, though.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The blue map markers seem to all be long-tailed quests. For instance, the forest hunter women's quest (in northern Phokis) ended up being like 8 smaller quests. You don't necessarily get a ton of items from those, but with so many small quests piled into one, you can rack up the XP quickly. I think some end up being shipmates, too. Other than your family, I don't think you ever get better shipmates than converting bounty hunters, though.

Some of the fort commanders are top notch as well.

so the Legacy of the First Blade DLC is nothing special?...skip?...Fate of Atlantis sounds like it could be really good

so the Legacy of the First Blade DLC is nothing special?...skip?...Fate of Atlantis sounds like it could be really good
It's like a Lost Tale of Greece with a new shitty cultist-style system tacked on. It's very mediocre.

It's only worth getting if you reach the end of odyssey and are desperate for more.

Seems the first rumors about the next AC are making the rounds: http://thecodex.network/legion-rumor/

At the very least I'd say it makes sense, timeline-wise. Although Italy has been beaten into the ground with the 3 Ezio games, it's at least a different time period and with a way more advanced engine. As long as they stick with "Western" civilization it's an easy choice.

We need a giant city game like unity/syndicate but with the Origins/Odyssey flavor. I'm so sick of the barren environments and all the little bandit camps in the recent games.
Remove naval combat (it's wasted in odyssey) and a tighter map.

Rome and outlying areas in Italy will fit the bill perfectly. There's also a leaked screenshot from the 4chan (or w/e it was) thread. We can be sure the next game is Rome with 99% certainty based on these leaks and others.

We need a giant city game like unity/syndicate but with the Origins/Odyssey flavor. I'm so sick of the barren environments and all the little bandit camps in the recent games.
Remove naval combat (it's wasted in odyssey) and a tighter map.

Agreed, a big city environment with RPG elements (like Odyssey but fleshed out more) is what I want.

Last edited:
I'd prefer an all new setting versus a rehash of the Rome one...the Ezio games were a high point so no need to go back...good to see them skipping a 2019 release

Since the 2020 game is wrapping up the current "Trilogy" I have a feeling it'll probably be similar in scope. I'm okay with that. The fall of Rome can probably lead to a lot of varied environments. The naval stuff is fun for a few minutes, but by end I just avoided it. I'm cool with them leaving it out or making it mission-specific like Origins.

With that game likely taking us into 2021, they'll probably be due for another overhaul at that point. That's also when the next consoles are due.

Regular CC engraving has increased from 7% to 10%, Full HP from 14% to 20%.
100% CC builds are easily achievable now.

The new ship upgrades have a total cost of about 4.3m gold.

Last edited:
After 1 hour of grinding the weekly @ the arena I'm still at precisely 0 kills because I keep dying. This may be the first one I can't complete without cheats.
Also I have no idea what a "Charged melee attack" is so I haven't earned any of those this entire time lol.

After 1 hour of grinding the weekly @ the arena I'm still at precisely 0 kills because I keep dying. This may be the first one I can't complete without cheats.
Also I have no idea what a "Charged melee attack" is so I haven't earned any of those this entire time lol.

Wouldn't that be one of those moves where you hold down R2 (strong attack)? They typically knock down and interrupt enemy attacks of all sorts.

if NG+ offered some kind of reward i would probably be all over it. as it stands, with no reward, i won't bother.

1.1.4 Assassin Damage nerf was apparently a bug, and was hotfixed this morning.
Also, the weekly vendor is now selling 2 helix items instead of 1.

Sounds like a lootbox drop rate buff is coming.

Last edited:
Just a reminder since I saw this on Reddit and they have some things you can spend points on, some points expire after 2 years starting this month.

Concept art shows what the new atlantis zone might be like.

DsHopyEW0AEhtPg.jpg

Just a reminder since I saw this on Reddit and they have some things you can spend points on, some points expire after 2 years starting this month.

thanks for the heads up...I just checked my balance and I have 420 points set to expire on March 31st...

I bet I have a ton of club points. I don't recall using them for this game at all. For all of the hubbub about micro transactions and whatnot I don't think I even looked at outside content for this game.

After playing this game I find it hard to get the controls down for the remastered assassins creed 3.

After playing this game I find it hard to get the controls down for the remastered assassins creed 3.

I can imagine so. The main buttons swapping over completely would probably throw me off. The older AC games were good for what they were, but combat got old fast. You're basically just baiting counter attacks 90% of the time. It worked fine for the first couple games, but it started getting old by AC3.

RIP. I had over 800 points. I was saving them for something that I actually wanted to unlock...

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
This isn't directly related so I'm not sure where to put it, but since Ubisoft themselves featured it in their focus on Odyssey fanart today, check out this French fan-made film - The Ermine Blade

Pretty comprehensive for a fan project indeed! Be sure to watch with CC on, unless you speak French fluently!

That's really quite neat - I'm interested to learn more about what Story Mode will mean. I hope that it will be more than players being able to randomly spawn the same kinds of quests found on bounty-boards and "houglass / arrows" icon randoms? In any event, i'll be listening for more.

Now that everyone has played for awhile, what skills do you particularly favor? I'm around level 39 (and am early on in my Odyssey I think, as I'm heading to Korinthia), have a level 4 Spear, yet still feel I am unsure what combination of abilities are worthwhile. I do wish they would have offered ways to allow use of more of them at a time than 2 "decks", and with more abilities not requiring a special slot at all.

Does anyone use "Vanish"? It claims to stun enemies and take you out of combat I think. Does this mean you can assassinate them as if they were undetected when stunned?

Regarding "Rush Assassination" - This is a neat potential opener, but I am unsure of how stealthy it is. Is each Rush Assassinate throw silent or does it alert everyone nearby as they "see" you running in openly? I find myself not using it that much so far because of this concern and instead waiting for a plain old stealthy assassination or critical assassination depending.

"Spartan Kick" was one of my earliest pick-ups as it was neat and non-lethal, but I find that it seems many enemies don't go flying back even with it at Level 2 . Basic low level enemies do but the brutes, guys with shields, anyone with a golden level icon, mercenaries etc.. just sort of double over for a second?

I'm sure I'll have other questions - thanks.

Back