Assassin's Creed Movie Stunt Man Does 125ft Free Fall

HardOCP News

[H] News
I am actually looking forward to this movie. I like the fact that the director decided to do this 125 foot leap of faith stunt instead of going the easy route and doing it digitally.

I am actually looking forward to this movie. I like the fact that the director decided to do this 125 foot leap of faith stunt instead of going the easy route and doing it digitally.

Leave it out of the movie, leave it out of the game.

Sure, there is suspended reality when talking about time travelling memory-dna nonsense, but if you can fall from 300 feet into a bale of hay, then you should be able to handle an infinite number of punches, kicks, and/or blunt force trauma's. It's not that it needs to be scientifically accurate, but some consistency please!!!

I don't get it. Why, when the whole movie is mostly CGI, do they then decide to do a real stunt?

I don't get it. Why, when the whole movie is mostly CGI, do they then decide to do a real stunt?

It's just the director's preference as was noted in the video. It's like how some directors still choose to shoot on film than digital. I've heard enough interviews with directors on Marc Maron's WTF podcast to know that there is no difference between footage shot on film vs. digital.

But it always comes down to preference.

It's also kind of odd to brag about no CGI, when the jump is in the middle of nowhere and everything but the stuntman will be CGIed back in.

It's probably being done live because the cost ot get it to look right in CGI would be higher, espcially if they are oding multiple camera angles and multiple jumps

The story they go with is far more important than the stunt choices. That being said.. If the jump is shot 3rd person like in the games.. Tha'd be sick ;)

This is fucking bullshit, why is this movie so CGI heavy, why didn't they just travel back in time and shoot it all for real? Fucking cheap ass lazy son of bitches.

Perhaps they did the live jump just for the publicity from this video to get you all interested in the movie.

Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if the liability insurance against someone dying from this on a Hollywood set would probably cost more than the cgi would.

Yep waaaaaay too many GCI in today's movies, its out of control. I'm really getting sick of watching fake ass movies. At least Tom Cruiz can do his own stunts, CGI free. Other than that, its alll crap.

Yeah.....much like ticket sales once it hits the theaters...

Perhaps they did the live jump just for the publicity from this video to get you all interested in the movie.

That is exactly why they did it. There is no reason to have a real person jump in a completely CGI world otherwise.

That is exactly why they did it. There is no reason to have a real person jump in a completely CGI world otherwise.

Nah, it could just be that they got the estimate for realistic CGI guy close up jumping from a half dozen heights, rendered in 14 different angles and went damn.. if we can do this in one afternoon and just pay for the virtual set we HAVE to have anyway, that doesn't require as much animation and rigging, etc, we can save money.

AT least the film has everything I was bored to shit by in the first AC about halfway through.

AT least the film has everything I was bored to shit by in the first AC about halfway through.

I didn't even make it that far, think I played it for about 2hrs total. Still have it installed though.

Back