Assassin’s Creed Mirage

Lulz, game has a pending AO rating due to gambling. Loot box galore?

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/ubisoft-denies-latest-assassins-creed-has-adults-only-real-gambling

1662997062903.png

Ubisoft’s Big AAA Games Will Cost $70 Going Forward, Says CEO

Skull and Bones will be the first one published by Ubisoft to be priced at $70, and Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot confirmed that the new pricing will apply to future big triple-A titles made by the company

Ubisoft’s Big AAA Games Will Cost $70 Going Forward, Says CEO

Skull and Bones will be the first one published by Ubisoft to be priced at $70, and Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot confirmed that the new pricing will apply to future big triple-A titles made by the company

Not super surprising. Sony raising the standard price of games is going to cause everyone else to do it eventually. I'm sure we'll see EA start doing it soon as well.

Mirage is on the Epic launcher also up on UBI connect for 49.00 2023 release date I hope they mod the engine cause every UBI Ass Creed game plays the same looks the same stealth's the same.

$$49.99 price on the Ubisoft store:

Check here.

While I do like smaller games (24-36 hours compared to 70-100 hour games), considering this is Ubisoft, I assume $49.99 will be more like a big DLC in terms of content and length. Probably 10-12 hours at most. I'm not seeing a 30 hour game from Ubisoft going for $49.99. Especially considering their new game price will be $70 going forward.

If I am wrong then that would be great. But I doubt this will be a full size game.

not gonna lie this game looks temping if it's only 20 hours. never though i would be tempted by a AC game but here i am lol

More details revealed about the game and its scope. Says the game is going back to it "roots" and will be a more intimate experience due to fan feedback showing fatigue for epic "RPG lite" games. The game is set during the 9th century AD in Baghdad and serves as a prequel to Valhalla.

https://www.gamesradar.com/assassin...-series-back-to-its-roots-for-the-modern-era/

"Mirage’s creation has been the convergence of several inputs," says creative director Stéphane Boudon. "Of course, the first one comes from our community: Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla they are all great games with the promise to live an epic journey in a strong fantasy. Their scopes have been calibrated to fulfil those ambitions as they all embrace the RPG mechanics. But amongst our fans, we started hearing the desire for a character driven story, focused on the core pillars of the first ACs in a more intimate scale. It resonates with us as well as developers and this was the starting point of the project."

More details revealed about the game and its scope. Says the game is going back to it "roots" and will be a more intimate experience due to fan feedback showing fatigue for epic "RPG lite" games. The game is set during the 9th century AD in Baghdad and serves as a prequel to Valhalla.

https://www.gamesradar.com/assassin...-series-back-to-its-roots-for-the-modern-era/

"Mirage’s creation has been the convergence of several inputs," says creative director Stéphane Boudon. "Of course, the first one comes from our community: Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla they are all great games with the promise to live an epic journey in a strong fantasy. Their scopes have been calibrated to fulfil those ambitions as they all embrace the RPG mechanics. But amongst our fans, we started hearing the desire for a character driven story, focused on the core pillars of the first ACs in a more intimate scale. It resonates with us as well as developers and this was the starting point of the project."

That's news I can get behind...although the first AC was also tedious as hell. They hit stride for story/scope with the 3 Ezio titles. Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla were just too damn big to have any urgency to anything. You'd face a pivotal plot moment only to benefit from galivanting across an entire country taking over fortresses and killing hitmen before resuming the (usually less entertaining) main story. I'm all for freedom to explore, but put some time into the overarching story again. It shouldn't be the part of the game you try to avoid.

That's news I can get behind...although the first AC was also tedious as hell. They hit stride for story/scope with the 3 Ezio titles. Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla were just too damn big to have any urgency to anything. You'd face a pivotal plot moment only to benefit from galivanting across an entire country taking over fortresses and killing hitmen before resuming the (usually less entertaining) main story. I'm all for freedom to explore, but put some time into the overarching story again. It shouldn't be the part of the game you try to avoid.
Assassin's Creed II is still the best, for me. It was still ultimately the same kind of gameplay as the first game, but they added enough variation to it along with the fleshed narrative that it felt good to play. Brotherhood was still fun, but it felt like the story took a backseat again, and the game felt a little too short. They completely lost the plot in both narrative and gameplay with Revelations, in my opinion.

AC peaked with the Ezio trilogy...Brotherhood was probably my favorite...Origins and Odyssey were fun but way too bloated...I'm happy that AC is returning to its assassin gameplay roots

I'm a big fan of the gameplay in Odyssey. I played the hell out of that one in spite of it being huge for the sake of being huge. That said, I never felt like an assassin in that game. Ditto with Origins and Valhalla. I felt like a Souls'ish barbarian in all 3. While that works for me, it doesn't necessarily belong in Assassin's Creed. Spin that type of thing off in another For Honor game.

Sounds good. I also hope the damage is more like the first game. Less impaling somebody, setting them on fire, and tossing them around like a dead fish only for them to jump right up and charge after you while still on fire. A few good hits should take down an enemy. And also bringing back stealth gameplay.

If they can manage to make it feel like an actual adventure again that would certainly be nice.

except for AC: Unity

Yup. The first game launched in a crazy unoptimized state, and Black Flag to this day still has some weird issues with vsync, but considering we're on game #13, that's not so horrible.

I don't think I'm ever going to try to play another AC game after trying to play Odyssey for 20 hours. It's just too damn long 😩

Following earlier rumors from Tom Henderson that Assassin's Creed Mirage would launch in October, a slew of Japanese retailers (including Amazon) have now marked down Ubisoft's game for an October 12th release date...since Japanese retailers don't usually add product release dates until they are certain (placeholders aren't a thing), it's likely this is the correct launch date

I love that they're going back to basics!...looks really good

Assassin's Creed Mirage: Gameplay Trailer

October 12, 2023

Last edited:
I love that they're going back to basics!...looks really good

October 12, 2023

It looks good, but given how much Ubi has been struggling with quality and development lately (they restarted the PoP remake...Again) I am very concerned that it's going to end up being a disaster.

I see tons of reused animations and mechanics from the new trilogy.
Kinda seems like instead of overhauling the game to fit the original style, they just essentially took the new games and shrunk it down into a very small and dense Odyssey/Valhalla map (a single city).

I really don't think it's going to appease people who wanted an old school AC game.

I mean, it's Ubisoft. They're like that annoying only-child that did something that got attention ONCE at the family picnic and keeps doing it over and over and over saying "Hey look, I did it again!" and gets less and less attention each time until its just fucking annoying.

Seems like others are catching on as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comm..._creed_mirage_deluxe_edition_trailer/jlkud8v/

I don’t know what I expected from this game, but when they said they were going back to the classic assassins creed style I didn’t think it would look identical to the last three games.
I guess what they meant was it would be smaller and lower budget?

When people say "old style" they mean that they want Ubisoft to build upon Unity/Syndicate's foundation, especially parkour-wise. This is a Valhalla reskin with the same hitbox based combat and parkour system. Just because your character is going to be more of a glass cannon doesn't mean that they're returning to their roots.

Main thing is gameplay and story. But the animations do look more brawler type than stealth like. It isn't that big of a deal if the mission and world design is proper.

I played the original Assassin's Creed on PC the year it was first released. It was so awesome. I loved it. Fast forward to now and it's a totally different game. It's such a drag now. I quit playing Odyssey 25 hours in. I miss the original vibe of AC.

Is this a 2005 game? Wtf?

Overall I was OK with Valhalla but it pissed me off to no end since story was pretty bad. I did want to play as Basim though so now we get that chance.

Back