Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Trailer

Looks alright, still not sure why we are getting the story about Connor's grandpa though, so I guess Desmond survived.

It's clear what happened here.

Anyone who played AC3 can attest to the serious quality difference between the main game and the side Naval missions. I believe Ubisoft Thailand worked on the sea and jungle based gameplay and Ubisoft France worked on the rest. Well, those ship/jungle loot side missions were the best ones in the game. Graphically and gameplay wise they were just top notch.

Now we get an entire game dedicated to that work. I am stoked.

I'll admit it looks more interesting than the last one.

I wonder if there's a mode you can play if you find piracy to be dishonorable.

I want to like this game... I got ACIII free with my video card, only watched the story from previous 4 or 5 games leading up to it, and am now trying to play ACIII but am just... bored? I guess I'm not a huge history fan, and the fighting/mechanics aren't exactly great (I realize it's not the same as previous games).

I'll still give it a go as I'm only a few hours into it. It does looks nice, as does this new one... it just seems like they are trying hard to milk this storyline for as long as possible, like a friggin dragon ball z fight scene... is there any indication as to when it'll all end? Sometimes with these types of games I like to wait till then and then only play them if it has a satisfying ending... I'm glad I decided to do that with Mass Effect, for example :)

The next one after this (coming 6 months later) should be set in WW2, then offer a nazi zombie DLC.

The next one after this (coming 6 months later) should be set in WW2, then offer a nazi zombie DLC.

"Hey, ACIV is going to need to be awesome. We need to come up with the game era and some DLC, what should we make?"

"Hmmm. We could do a WWII game based in Europe. Then place extra focus on stealth, better weapons the farther you get, etc. Then we could have some off-the wall DLC, like Nazi Zombies with crazy level/mission bosses! Oh man, that would go over great and we'd make a ton of money!"

"Interesting idea. Semi-fantasy WWII game in Europe with zombie nazis? This will usher in a whole new concept as something that's never been done before in a game! Let's get to work on this ASAP!"

...So, they're reverting to content that we already got in 2001 with Return to Castle Wolfenstein? :p

Looks alright, still not sure why we are getting the story about Connor's grandpa though, so I guess Desmond survived.

Yeah, it's strange that we are actually going back in time from where we were in AC3. Every other game in the series has always been a forward jump in time.

I find it funny that we were kept under guard at PAX east when they showed us this, but then they put it out a few days later.....what a joke....they told us we were special...=P

what happened to the rumored Egyptian setting?...Black Flag does sound amazing though...looks like they took the best part of AC3- Naval missions and made a full game out of it

Back