assassin's creed for PC

Betauser

2[H]4U
has anyone play this game on pc yet? is it worth getting it when it comes out? I rented it for PS3 and i kind of dont like the PS3 looks because of no AA... I hate games without AA and this on PC looks better i thinnk.. is there a demo out there for AC on PC?

is this a joke? Rejecting a game b/c of no AA? I can understand rejecting something cause it's on a console but that's just sad

I recently bought it for the PS3 but I am curious as to the supposed performance boost of DX10 and how it will look like. And will there be a demo?

The PC version is supposed to be a special edition or director's cut, or some shit. Every gamer should at least *try* Assassin's Creed. Most people will agree that it's a one-trick pony, but it's a trick that shouldn't be missed!

PCGH did a Assassin's Creed DX9 vs. DX10 test and found DX10 with low settings to be a big improvement in performance over DX9 of the same settings; however, DX9 excelled slightly with high settings over DX10. Both DirectX versions had roughly the same image quality.

I doubt Assassin's Creed will have a demo. If it does, it'd probably be pretty huge in size. The size of a single city is about 750MB.

I doubt Assassin's Creed will have a demo. If it does, it'd probably be pretty huge in size. The size of a single city is about 750MB.

The Crysis demo was a 1.8GB download and something like 4GB installed, so I think a demo for this game would work out fine as well.

Question is now, can someone with a decent PC play this game at good settings?

I believe there was quite a hubbub when the PC version's system requirements were released. Fairly high, I believe.

is this a joke? Rejecting a game b/c of no AA? I can understand rejecting something cause it's on a console but that's just sad

No, it's not a joke.. I hate jaggies for a non AA title game.. if you have problem with that, then you have an issue and should see a doctor.. It's my choice, not yours.. that's not sad..

Question is now, can someone with a decent PC play this game at good settings?

The game runs smooth as butter with an 8800GT and even an aging system. I have the PS3 version but indeed, I believe it's only 780p and lacks AA. I have the leaked unfinished PC version and it runs great.

1650x1080 4x AA

67702123wr0.jpg

32079821zn9.jpg

62442813ka3.jpg

31418816ye7.jpg

65401396xp2.jpg

23560752uc8.jpg

77225383ml3.jpg

10hc6.jpg

11ap6.jpg

The biggest issue is that it's locked to 16:9 ratio, it looks strange, almost like the image is compressed and intermittent lines are removed and the whole game is interlaced and then interpolated to make it run smoother.

wierdpl6.jpg

^nice.. what's the avg. fps you're getting?

No idea beacuse FRAPs won't work with it because of the issue I mentioned above. The FRAPs counter runs in the black space on the top of the screen (since it's 16:9 on 16:10 monitor) and the interlacing effect corrupts the counter!!!

No joke. This is HardForum. Hence hardcore. Jaggies are unacceptable when it comes to PC gaming.

looks sweet glad i took the $ and bought a new pc rather than an xbox - this and mass effect make me feel like i made the right decision

No joke. This is "PC Gaming". No AA usually means it's a console centered game and that usually means a console port for us PC Gamers i.e. crap.

The biggest issue is that it's locked to 16:9 ratio, it looks strange, almost like the image is compressed and intermittent lines are removed and the whole game is interlaced and then interpolated to make it run smoother.

Without saying too much, that screen shot you posted shows a different part of the game. That part of the game looked funny every time you were at that point. Almost like a dream sequence or something. Every other point of the game was fine.

It was the first game I played on my PS3 and I freaked out thinking something was wrong and checked cables, restarted and went through every option in the PS3 menu. In the end, I just accepted thats what it was supposed to look like.

I'm not really sure why, but there is probably some element of the story that I missed that explained it. Or maybe not - maybe it's just their "direction". I think that screenshot makes it looks worse than it is (well, at least worse than it was on the PS3).

Without saying too much, that screen shot you posted shows a different part of the game. That part of the game looked funny every time you were at that point. Almost like a dream sequence or something. Every other point of the game was fine.

It was the first game I played on my PS3 and I freaked out thinking something was wrong and checked cables, restarted and went through every option in the PS3 menu. In the end, I just accepted thats what it was supposed to look like.

I'm not really sure why, but there is probably some element of the story that I missed that explained it. Or maybe not - maybe it's just their "direction". I think that screenshot makes it looks worse than it is (well, at least worse than it was on the PS3).

The thing that you are describing are the "glitches" when your character is being viewed from camera; like when he wakes up and sees the doc standing there and when he gets up the camera glitches and then its above the shoulder view. Also in the PS3 version I never say those extreme jaggies. I saw normal no AA jaggies but nothing as extreme as that.

No, it's not a joke.. I hate jaggies for a non AA title game.. if you have problem with that, then you have an issue and should see a doctor.. It's my choice, not yours.. that's not sad..

just cause it has no AA doesn't mean it sucks balls like console games, since when did graphics define gameplay.

No, I think you are referring to the glitchy/static type look that happens in the office. When you go to your head FPS view, it all clears up but the strange interlacing/jagged edges still occur. I also see very much in the regular game back in the past with Altair, it's just that usually you are moving very fast or engaged in action/movement so it's less apparent, but it's definetely there!

Is it wrth it to wait on playing the game??

I dont have my desktop hooked up yet (just moved) and in not sure my lappy can run it. 1.8 core 2 duo, 2 gb ddr2 667 and a quadro (equivelent to a 8600).

Should I wait and play it on the machine in my sig or just do it now???

I dont have my desktop hooked up yet (just moved) and in not sure my lappy can run it. 1.8 core 2 duo, 2 gb ddr2 667 and a quadro (equivelent to a 8600).

The rig in your sig is extremely recommended.

just cause it has no AA doesn't mean it sucks balls like console games, since when did graphics define gameplay.
Did I say in any of my comments that it sucks? It's my choice not to play if it does not have AA.. got problem with that? If i'm missing alot, so be it.. I dont care, it's my choice not to play games and i'm picky and not yours to decide what game i want to play.. it's my money.. so beat it!

There's no point since the game isn't even released yet. What people are playing is the incomplete, non-gold version that was leaked and buggy. It's missing an entire city and crashes frequentely.

I think the ps3 version looks better than the one leaked one that guys had, the zoomed out of the city is way better on my 720p tv, and when its set to 1080i or 1080p. It may just be me, or that there not that great of pics.

So will there be any extra content over the 360/ps3 release? I'm about half way through the 360 version.

I'm surprised this wasn't a shitty port from the PS3/360... unless it is. :[

This better not be an overhyped but crappy port because I am definitely looking forward to it. I don't mind a port, just do it right.

^ its not nano, it runs fantastic. I play it on my 42" at 1080p and it never dips below 60.

I'm waiting for the retail release. I'm not touching the Reloaded download as it will ruin the experience. The Reloaded release is incomplete and only meant to be used by games magazines for preview. I also read that the peer to peer downloads were being monitored by Ubisoft. Similar to the, "Davenport Lyons Call of Juarez" saga. Google it. Last I heard Logistep were still trying to get money out of peer to peer downloaders by threatening legal action.

Back